Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 33
04:24 PM on 11/27/12
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
Am I the only one that thinks this would have been a really bad idea?
Nope. I also agree.
04:33 PM on 11/27/12
mike81488
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Yep.
04:33 PM on 11/27/12
mike81488
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I stand corrected.
04:53 PM on 11/27/12
Freshman15Davey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Did we ever figure out if there was any truth to the doppelgänger story that arose a few years back? Are we seeing the same guy from "I Get Wet?"
05:12 PM on 11/27/12
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
this development cleverly withheld from the press until after the election lol
05:24 PM on 11/27/12
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.

I love Andrew WK but I agree with you.
05:39 PM on 11/27/12
Chuck!
In Chip We Trust (Still)
User Info.

No, it's a ridiculous idea.

Whenever I hear about this guy I remember Keith Buckley's testimony that he never actually partied on Warped Tour, which is basically a party haven every night
06:52 PM on 11/27/12
NewAgeofHorus
User Info.
Andrew W.K. >>>>>>>>>>>> American government
07:32 PM on 11/27/12
Spencer Control
you'll grow your soul away
User Info.
I am incredibly disappointed in the decision that was made here. Andrew W.K. seems like a really positive, nice dude, and besides, it would have been effin' awesome. Definitely respect how maturely he's handling it, too.
07:32 PM on 11/27/12
a nice person
Copeland fan level: Lotus bundle
User Info.
Love him every time he's on red eye
08:33 PM on 11/27/12
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
My initial thought about all of this was that AWK made it all up out of nowhere and wanted to see how much press it could get before the government actually shot it down. If it was real, it was an incredibly strange circumstance all around. Would've been interesting to see AWK go over there and do what he does, but it's probably for the best if they cancelled on him.
08:49 PM on 11/27/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No, it's a ridiculous idea.

Whenever I hear about this guy I remember Keith Buckley's testimony that he never actually partied on Warped Tour, which is basically a party haven every night
I was on Warped the year he was on it. Yeah, it was fucking weird that he didn't party at all. He hung out and was really outgoing and talkative but he wasn't slamming shots and doing crazy shit like I expected.
11:03 PM on 11/27/12
live.
Feenay! Fee hee hee hee heenay!
User Info.
AWK 2016!
12:12 AM on 11/28/12
lordchamberlain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i'm not surprised he didn't slam shots at warped tour. the dude wrote a song about not going to bed, for crying out loud. his idea of a party is just fucking having a great time no matter who you are or what the circumstance. he is energetic and charismatic and wild and he flails around and sings (shouts) into a microphone, and that's how he parties.

as for sending him to bahrain, no shit it would be a bad idea. but it couldn't be much worse than all the stupid shit we've already done in the middle east. and at least it would be an attempt at something positive.
01:07 AM on 11/28/12
Jake Denning
User Info.
Did we ever figure out if there was any truth to the doppelgänger story that arose a few years back? Are we seeing the same guy from "I Get Wet?"
From an interview I did with him in March 2012:

Almost exactly two years ago you held a public event called "Ask Andrew W.K. anything", and you mentioned that you're the same Andrew W.K. that has been here since the beginning -- is it frustrating to have people consistently not take you at your word?

No, I mean, I understand the confusion about that. I made some really poor choices on how to handle those questions, especially that event; I don't blame anyone else, but I followed the advice of some folks that I trust, it just happened not be the right way or the words to put out there...after that I tried to fix that with some other poor methods. I just try to ignore all of that, and I encourage everyone to forget that ever happened. I'm willing to answer any questions the best I can; there's a few restrictions, but I don't see why people shouldn't be allowed to ask questions.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos