AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 59 of 59
06:40 PM on 11/27/12
JWillTrick
User Info.
Umm, not commenting on his talent because he's really good, but Nicholas is easily the least marketable out of any of the top 8.

I'm curious, what is your criteria of a marketable artist and/or product in general?
07:42 PM on 11/27/12
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Watched only because I love Michelle Branch. Like serious love.

Sounds pretty good.
What ever happen to Michelle Branch? I wasn't she working on a new album or something.
07:44 PM on 11/27/12
BlinkMe18278
User Info.
I don't get it...i just don't get it... she is so linear. she can only sing high notes
09:06 PM on 11/27/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
I'm extremely jealous of Rian. What a catch dude!
09:21 PM on 11/27/12
ChaseTx
What ever happen to Michelle Branch? I wasn't she working on a new album or something.
After her two successful pop albums, she did a country album with her friend/touring musician under the name The Wreckers. Then she did a solo EP, kind of a country/pop thing. She now has a new album in the works that is supposed to be a return to the pop songwriter sound. She's also married and a mother.
11:18 PM on 11/27/12
Fringe
highfive
User Info.
I'm curious, what is your criteria of a marketable artist and/or product in general?

I think the main problem with Nic is that he is not very current. He does a great job at all the oldies, but if he went on to make music like that, I just don't think there's a huge audience out there waiting to hear it.

Coupled with the fact that he's kinda a scraggly looking guy, I just don't think he'd do well at all with a mainstream audience.
07:46 AM on 11/28/12
adamKS
User Info.
does she really need a show like "the voice" to get her solo career off and running?? it's not like she doesn't have a resume and some talent to represent her ownself to get a label or contract. .personally i wouldn't want to get known because i won, or came in 2nd/3rd place on something like the voice/american idol cuz i think it cheapens it in many ways. .maybe this is just me because i don't take these shows too seriously or consider to be all that legit. .
07:49 AM on 11/28/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
does she really need a show like "the voice" to get her solo career off and running?? it's not like she doesn't have a resume and some talent to represent her ownself to get a label or contract. .personally i wouldn't want to get known because i won, or came in 2nd/3rd place on something like the voice/american idol cuz i think it cheapens it in many ways. .maybe this is just me because i don't take these shows too seriously or consider to be all that legit. .
Pretty sure she was already a solo artist on a label after Hey Monday and made an EP which didn't really help her elevate her career at all. Because of that, she joined the Voice in an attempt to gain more publicity/fans/sucess.
07:59 AM on 11/28/12
adamKS
User Info.
Pretty sure she was already a solo artist on a label after Hey Monday and made an EP which didn't really help her elevate her career at all. Because of that, she joined the Voice in an attempt to gain more publicity/fans/sucess.

yeah but it doesnt mean she should give up. .like other comments have said, the show is trying to change her image and that's what i don't like about shows like these, you can't really be yourself and you have to cater to the shows big audiences and what people want to see or hear. .is it possible to be yourself on these big budget tv shows??

i just think she would've made it on her own and should keep trying. .
08:01 AM on 11/28/12
xSpillFiction
Mama, I'm Satan
User Info.
do not think she is that great at all. (though she does nail a few high notes pretty nicely, i'll give her that.) if melanie doesn't win this show i will lose faith in humanity.
08:08 AM on 11/28/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
yeah but it doesnt mean she should give up. .like other comments have said, the show is trying to change her image and that's what i don't like about shows like these, you can't really be yourself and you have to cater to the shows big audiences and what people want to see or hear. .is it possible to be yourself on these big budget tv shows??

This was her way to continue trying and to stay relevent. Not that it's the best way, but she is still trying.
08:36 AM on 11/28/12
70x7brandnew
User Info.
Do you think Carrie Underwood/Kelly Clarkson/Daughtry/Philip Philips even are cheapened by their Idol success?
09:13 AM on 11/28/12
ChelseaRiane
<3
User Info.
She needs to gtfo and make room for the real talent, Ms. Amanda Brown. Amanda, Cody, Trevin, and Nicholas all did better but she will probably still slay them all on the itunes charts.

Pretty much came to say the same thing. Its getting ridiculous.
10:44 AM on 11/28/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.

As if this chick cares about image. She's going to be whatever it is she thinks will make her famous. If they told her dressing like a clown and doing covers of Kidzbop covers would make her bigger than Katy Perry she'll be all over it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos