Username
Password
The Gaslight Anthem News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Gaslight Anthem
Inside AP.net

The Gaslight Anthem Three Song Acoustic Set

Posted by: Jason Tate (11/28/12)
The Gaslight Anthem did a 3 song acoustic set for RadioBDC on Monday.

Submitted by wushuwarrior21

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
11:03 AM on 11/28/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
That interview...
12:01 PM on 11/28/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.

It was so hilariously awkward. Stuck a big dumb grin on my face. Nice to see an interview where Bruce comes up in a non "lazy interviewer asking the same questions Brian always gets" way.

What's up with Brian not knowing what the green monster is though? I thought he was a baseball fan...
12:17 PM on 11/28/12
jhog3411
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just an awful interview. I watched this live and have seen her interview other bands in this little studio they have. I have no idea why they pay her to be there.

For those that didn't watch she asks Brian Fallon (well eventually, because the question is worded so awkwardly) what his baseball music team is. Yes, it's as stupid as it sounds. What musician would play first base on your hypothetical baseball team made up of non-baseball players? And then she just harps on it.
12:36 PM on 11/28/12
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
in his defense the name "the green monster" pretty much only gets used in Fenway Park or on ESPN... so if he chooses not to watch ESPN that definitely does not make him NOT a baseball fan. i am a tigers fan and have literally never seen a baseball game with commentary other than the Detroit announcers who certainly don't use the name "the green monster".
01:03 PM on 11/28/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
in his defense the name "the green monster" pretty much only gets used in Fenway Park or on ESPN... so if he chooses not to watch ESPN that definitely does not make him NOT a baseball fan. i am a tigers fan and have literally never seen a baseball game with commentary other than the Detroit announcers who certainly don't use the name "the green monster".

Even in a game at Fenway? I meanly, clearly its not going to come up in a game vs the Royals at home. But I have to imagine it would get mentioned in at least a few games at Boston.

Not trying to question the validity of Brian's "baseball fanness". I just find it surprising there are people who consider themselves Yankee fans who have never heard the term used before.
05:38 PM on 11/28/12
ben mears
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
sports are so much associated with masculinity. i guarantee his "i like baseball" comment was said just so he would fit the prototypical male. seriously, how many guys do any of you know who doesn't follow a sport?

you can rationalize all you want, but the "green monster" is such household name.

come on, you'd have to TRY to not follow sports to not know what the green monster is.

i could care less if he follows sports or not. just my insight.
06:26 PM on 11/28/12
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Rips?
08:09 PM on 11/28/12
ARo2431
User Info.

Wrong. Every baseball fan knows what the Green Monster is. Fenway Park is the most historical park left. I can also recall Miguel Cabrera putting one into the parking lot behind the monster and the Tigers announcers referring to it as the Green Monster and not the left field wall.
11:42 PM on 11/28/12
EatShit182
Misanthrope
User Info.
Love acoustic Gaslight Anthem - Here Comes My Man was too good.
12:37 AM on 11/29/12
specialeds281
Every word Handwritten.
User Info.
The interview is the oddest thing I've watched all week...and that's including 3 episodes of Maury.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums