Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

First Reading and Leeds Acts Revealed

Posted by: Andy Biddulph (11/29/12)
Deftones, Alt-J and Sub Focus will play the 2013 Reading and Leeds festivals. More announcements are on the way this evening.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
05:31 AM on 11/29/12
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hardly attention grabbers but they do show a great deal of musical variety.

Major rumour on headliners is Black Sabbath because they're announcing tour dates today.
05:46 AM on 11/29/12
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
User Info.
I glimpsed at "Deftones and Alt-J" and I thought it was Dinosaur Jr...
06:03 AM on 11/29/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Yeah I've heard Black Sabbath a lot too. Deftones and alt-J are good for me, would go see both.
07:54 AM on 11/29/12
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
Deftones is great. Im not too sure how I feel on the prospect of Sabbath headlining though...
08:19 AM on 11/29/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Deftones is great. Im not too sure how I feel on the prospect of Sabbath headlining though...
How comes?
08:38 AM on 11/29/12
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.

Nothing more than them not really being my cup of tea to be quite fair. Im not sure how they'll go down at a festival like this either. They're undoubtebly a massive, legendary band, but im not sure how much they'll appeal to the R/L audience. Get another large, heavy band like Slipknot sub-headlining, and Deftones before them, and they might be on to something though..
09:23 AM on 11/29/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Nothing more than them not really being my cup of tea to be quite fair. Im not sure how they'll go down at a festival like this either. They're undoubtebly a massive, legendary band, but im not sure how much they'll appeal to the R/L audience. Get another large, heavy band like Slipknot sub-headlining, and Deftones before them, and they might be on to something though..
Reading used to always have a "Metal Day" on a Sunday until a few years ago when it got traded for a more American emo/pop punk kinda day. If anything it needs to go back to how it was a few years ago and a day like that which you mentioned with the suggested bands for a Sunday again would be great.
03:18 PM on 11/29/12
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Reading used to always have a "Metal Day" on a Sunday until a few years ago when it got traded for a more American emo/pop punk kinda day. If anything it needs to go back to how it was a few years ago and a day like that which you mentioned with the suggested bands for a Sunday again would be great.
From what I've heard, there won't be a return to a "metal day" for several reasons. Firstly, it doesn't really go with the rest of the festival, and secondly, the emergence of Sonisphere and Hevy, alongside Download, mean that metal festivals are pretty well covered.

Obvious acts are TDCC, Twin Atlantic, Lower Than Atlantis, Deaf Havana, The Vaccines, Jake Bugg and Florence And The Machine. I would expect most, if not all, to be on the bill this year.

Biffy Clyro will probably headline one day.
03:30 PM on 11/29/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
From what I've heard, there won't be a return to a "metal day" for several reasons. Firstly, it doesn't really go with the rest of the festival, and secondly, the emergence of Sonisphere and Hevy, alongside Download, mean that metal festivals are pretty well covered.

Obvious acts are TDCC, Twin Atlantic, Lower Than Atlantis, Deaf Havana, The Vaccines, Jake Bugg and Florence And The Machine. I would expect most, if not all, to be on the bill this year.

I'd agree if it wasn't changing itself up so much in general this coming year, with the introduction of 3 more stages covering various genres a return to a "Metal Day" might be a great thing to do/something they may encourage.

If The Vaccines are there again, I'll be surprised/bored for sure. They were main stage and fairly high up last year, with nothing new album wise by next year, that would be a bad booking.

A much as I enjoy the album, and want to see a full set, alt-J as a headline on NME/Radio 1 stage is too much this early in their life as a band.
07:19 PM on 11/29/12
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.

True but it is worth taking into account that Sonisphere died on its arse this year, and Hevy is more Lock-Up type stuff than the sort of really big heavier bands who'd probably be high up on the main stages.
09:37 AM on 11/30/12
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
I'd agree if it wasn't changing itself up so much in general this coming year, with the introduction of 3 more stages covering various genres a return to a "Metal Day" might be a great thing to do/something they may encourage.

If The Vaccines are there again, I'll be surprised/bored for sure. They were main stage and fairly high up last year, with nothing new album wise by next year, that would be a bad booking.

A much as I enjoy the album, and want to see a full set, alt-J as a headline on NME/Radio 1 stage is too much this early in their life as a band.
As good as it is that the festival is adding new things and stages, the addition of acts like Skepta has me worried. R&L is a rock and indie festival, I just hope they don't ruin it like Glastonbury.

And while I agree, they will probably be there, their new album has had quite a few successful singles since then so I could see it happening.

True but it is worth taking into account that Sonisphere died on its arse this year, and Hevy is more Lock-Up type stuff than the sort of really big heavier bands who'd probably be high up on the main stages.
Agreed, but I still think Download has the market 100% cornered, plus Sonisphere will probably come back having learnt from last year.
10:55 AM on 11/30/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
As good as it is that the festival is adding new things and stages, the addition of acts like Skepta has me worried. R&L is a rock and indie festival, I just hope they don't ruin it like Glastonbury.

And while I agree, they will probably be there, their new album has had quite a few successful singles since then so I could see it happening.

Agreed, but I still think Download has the market 100% cornered, plus Sonisphere will probably come back having learnt from last year.
Definitely agree. I actually don't like that it's expanding with more stages. I always loved Reading's size and number of stages. As I said in another thread, will end up being over saturated/reaching Glasto heights and that's what bothers me.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests