Username
Password
Apple/iTunes News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 132.
10:59 AM on 11/29/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
What about when you're not at home?

Maybe I don't do as much music exploration as you do (well I'm sure I don't since my paying job is entirely non music related) but for me I can't fathom having to rely on a cellular connection in order to stream a song. Even with LTE now on the iP5 one day I'll be sitting at work and have full bars and the next I'll have no signal.

I think if we got to a point where our cellular networks were as strong as say, Japan's, I could see only using Rdio or Spotify for myself. As of now though the idea of relying on ATT in the subway sounds terrible.
The Rdio iPhone app lets you sync albums to your mobile device for offline listening, if you don't want to stream over it. So, I always have a good portion synched up on there.
11:00 AM on 11/29/12
fuldanips
User Info.
I'm running Snow Leopard still and when I tried to check for updates via iTunes, it said I was running the current version (10.7). However, when I tried clicking the Apple icon on the top left and check for software updates for my entire Mac, it showed up. Hope this helps anyone looking for it.
11:01 AM on 11/29/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
The Rdio iPhone app lets you sync albums to your mobile device for offline listening, if you don't want to stream over it. So, I always have a good portion synched up on there.

Not a fan of iTunes Match? I hear it works pretty well I just haven't coughed up the 25 bucks yet
11:02 AM on 11/29/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
It hasn't been letting me update in the past few days, just gets stuck on a purple screen after the restart and the internet has not been giving me any solutions. Which sucks, cause I now I really want to update it, I'm still on iTunes like 5.
11:02 AM on 11/29/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
I'm sadly stuck at work for a couple hours. If anyone is kind enough to take a screenshot of your main iTunes page and post it, I won't give you actual money but my appreciation will be unprecedented.
11:04 AM on 11/29/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
There was a rumor for a while Microsoft was gonna make a play for Rdio. I think Apple's belief is they can do what Rdio is doing themselves -- and with the iCloud streaming and everything now -- we might be getting close to that kind fo thing from iTunes.

I'm now using Rdio for about 99% of my music listening on a daily basis. I only use iTunes to keep track of podcasts, play pre-release albums, and as a media server for TV/Movies on my Apple TV. Besides that, it just kinda sits open most days. The Rdio catalog is just too perfect to add a bunch of shit to my queue - hit play - and forget about it.
There's no doubt in my mind that Apple thinks they can do it better than Rdio, and I don't necessarily doubt it either. They'd probably rather champion that they did it themselves and kill Rdio, Spotify, and Pandora in the process of doing it.

I just really like Rdio's new updates.
11:06 AM on 11/29/12
joebucci
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I do this with Spotify as well.

In case anyone is wondering if this is possible.
11:08 AM on 11/29/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Stoked to download this when I get home. Hope it doesn't destroy my old MacBook.
11:08 AM on 11/29/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
question for those who've already downloaded the update: is it still possible to view everything in the traditional list format? the lack of that option (from all of the pictures i've seen so far) is the only thing making me nervous about downloading this immediately.
11:11 AM on 11/29/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
question for those who've already downloaded the update: is it still possible to view everything in the traditional list format? the lack of that option (from all of the pictures i've seen so far) is the only thing making me nervous about downloading this immediately.
If you view by songs -- yeah ... no real reason to do it though. The album / artist format is far better.

Edit: Uploaded the wrong attachement the first time. Was supposed to be the song layout. O well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 11.29.56 AM.png
Views:	36
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	64832  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 12.11.32 PM.png
Views:	127
Size:	377.6 KB
ID:	64842  
11:12 AM on 11/29/12
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
Really liking 11... Worth the wait!! So relieved it was available for Snow Leopard too!

The only thing I'm not keen on so far is I can't seem to make the artwork bigger in album view. In the old grid view you could make artwork bigger and smaller with the slider. Maybe I'm missing something.

Really like the previews. The whole thing looks great and has simple functionality. FINALLY up next... No more longing for Winamp

Edit - Having thought about it, making the artwork bigger might not look good with the previews
11:12 AM on 11/29/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
Goddamn this is beautiful:

Yes there's still an option for that. Click on "Songs" at the top when you get it.
11:13 AM on 11/29/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Trying again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 12.13.34 PM.png
Views:	108
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	64852  
11:16 AM on 11/29/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
There's no doubt in my mind that Apple thinks they can do it better than Rdio, and I don't necessarily doubt it either. They'd probably rather champion that they did it themselves and kill Rdio, Spotify, and Pandora in the process of doing it.

I just really like Rdio's new updates.
Me too. But I also believe there's a place for both. Heh, at the moment I have no problem with my current workflow.

Rdio for most music listening at home on any computer, or AirPlay to other speakers. iTunes as a media server for any TV or Movies I download. NOW if I could store all those in iCloud and save space on my computer ... that would be pretty cool. iTunes Match my West Wing collection. Save 500 GB. Haha.
11:17 AM on 11/29/12
SSLYBY
Back in the saddle.
User Info.
Not a fan of iTunes Match? I hear it works pretty well I just haven't coughed up the 25 bucks yet
Itunes match sucks. So buggy.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums