Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 39
02:08 PM on 11/29/12
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
02:29 PM on 11/29/12
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
So bummed out about how much I dislike these albums. The 2 released so far are nearly all filler and I'm sure the 3rd one will be the similar. I liked 21CB a fair amount and thought they were going to do something really cool with these 3 albums, but it was quite the opposite. I wasn't expecting anthem-esque, concept-heavy tunes, really just some quality jams. Definitely a disappointment. Plus, the cancellation of the tour dates really made me lose interest as to what they're trying to do also. I feel bad for viewing the new stuff in this way, but I feel like they could have easily avoided this by just making 1 awesome record.
02:34 PM on 11/29/12
thisisalchemy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
REALLY like this. Easily the best on the 3 albums so far (imo)
02:44 PM on 11/29/12
evanmeindl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow. I really liked all the snippets I've heard from this one. So I'm still excited.
03:25 PM on 11/29/12
harley7733
Reluctant Registered User
User Info.
Before I knew they were doing three albums or heard that they were doing a more power pop/ Foxboro style, this is originally the direction I imagined they'd go in. I like it.
04:23 PM on 11/29/12
tdlyon
User Info.
For those that don't know, Dirty Rotten Bastards is a Jesus of Suburbia type song. It's nearly 7 minutes long and changes up a lot. Not gonna listen to either of these because I want to save them for the album, but if new Green Day songs are actually getting a decent reception on here, I know I'll love it.

Also, for the record, I love Uno and Dos.
05:12 PM on 11/29/12
CallumSty
callumnmacleod
User Info.
I see why people are bummed with a lot of the new stuff. I appreciate what they have tried, but it seems like quantity over quality. So I've just added my favourite tracks (so far) to a play list:

1 Nuclear Family
2 F*** Time
3 Carpe Diem
4 Let Yourself Go
5 Lazy Bones
6 Stray Heart
7 Stay The Night
8 Stop When The Red Lights Flash
9 Angel Blue
10 Makeout Party
11 Rusty James
12 Oh Love (should not have been a single, works as a closer though)

Just my views.
05:15 PM on 11/29/12
Basketcase
User Info.
Uno & Dos have been very hit or miss. on both albums, half the songs are excellent while the rest are rather...meh. not bad, but not their best. i think the same fate will befall on Tre.
05:52 PM on 11/29/12
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
I thought the Green Day song at the end of The Campaign was pretty good.

It was 99 Revolutions, right?
06:26 PM on 11/29/12
tdlyon
User Info.
I thought the Green Day song at the end of The Campaign was pretty good.

It was 99 Revolutions, right?
Yup. I've heard the full version live and it's awesome.
08:05 PM on 11/29/12
Grohl
RATA
User Info.
Sounds eerily like Minority.

I've been the biggest Green Day apologist for years now...but the trilogy has been a flunkie. Waiting for Tre to come out so I can finish the inevitable best of playlist. This could have been one solid, fun album.
09:18 PM on 11/29/12
Clockwise
Running on Fruit Snacks
User Info.
Every thing I've heard from TRE is awesome, I think it might be my favorite of the trilogy .UNO and DOS are both phenomenal.
09:24 PM on 11/29/12
PaperLantern
New Valencia in 2010!
User Info.
Sounds eerily like Minority.

I've been the biggest Green Day apologist for years now...but the trilogy has been a flunkie. Waiting for Tre to come out so I can finish the inevitable best of playlist. This could have been one solid, fun album.
More than solid. I think if they'd have released the best songs as one album, this could have been one of the best they've put out.

That being said, I'm glad they did the whole trilogy. I still enjoy average Green Day songs, so it's all been pretty awesome for a lot of the band's big fans.
09:50 PM on 11/29/12
Grohl
RATA
User Info.
More than solid. I think if they'd have released the best songs as one album, this could have been one of the best they've put out.

That being said, I'm glad they did the whole trilogy. I still enjoy average Green Day songs, so it's all been pretty awesome for a lot of the band's big fans.
What songs will you be picking out of Uno and Dos?
10:20 PM on 11/29/12
Robb
ism
User Info.
I really like the verse, but that "yeah" part is atrocious.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos