Password
Apple/iTunes News - Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 120 of 132.
06:23 PM on 11/29/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Dear Apple: Please buy Rdio.

And treat it like they did Lala? I'd probably cry if that happened. Rdio is too good for Apple.
06:30 PM on 11/29/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
And treat it like they did Lala? I'd probably cry if that happened. Rdio is too good for Apple.

They used LaLa tech in iTunes Match.
07:06 PM on 11/29/12
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
Fuck anyone know how to get playcounts to show?
07:14 PM on 11/29/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
They used LaLa tech in iTunes Match.
Exactly. The gutted the service for the tech destroying the cool parts (like online only songs for 10 cents) and used it in some marginally useful feature. (My music library is fairly cleanly organized. Its not that hard to upload the whole thing to Amazon or Skydrive or Google)

If Apple wanted an on demand subscription service I think they could have one. Its just not a priority for them because it won't make as much money and if they were to acquire something like Rdio I fear it probably just become more expensive.
07:27 PM on 11/29/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Anyone else can't update their ipod?
07:34 PM on 11/29/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
Can you adjust the size of the album art in the cover grid view? You could on previous versions but I cannot figure it out on this one
08:13 PM on 11/29/12
juice182
User Info.
i miss itunes dj
10:35 PM on 11/29/12
ylightflight
yung rug munch
User Info.
Its amazing!! far better than I was expecting :) Also, only took them 3 years.. but snap finally works!!!

u have rlly good taste in music js
02:58 AM on 11/30/12
boomer08
User Info.
Is there any way to get the artwork to show up in song/list view the way it did in the last version?
This is what I want to know. I used to be able to copy and paste artwork when I needed to and now I can't. That's my only complaint though, everything else is awesome.
10:41 AM on 11/30/12
jackozord
@jackozord
User Info.

Such a great point. I told my GF today when she asked what I was doing today, "uh, I'm talking with other people about iTunes 11." Hahaha, she gave me a look like, "what in the hell??"

Yes, yes, this is what I am doing.
I hear you. I bug the hell out of my girlfriend with ideas about software design. Also, am I the only one that loves the mini player, but wishes it could be inserted into Notification Center? Seems like the perfect place/size/features for it.
10:48 AM on 11/30/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Fuck anyone know how to get playcounts to show?
on which tab? artist? album? actually it might be the same for all tabs. go to the menu in the top left corner, drop down to "show menu bar" then go to "view" and "view options"
11:34 AM on 11/30/12
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
on which tab? artist? album? actually it might be the same for all tabs. go to the menu in the top left corner, drop down to "show menu bar" then go to "view" and "view options"
I want to get them to show on the Artists tab. I tried what you said, and it only works for playlists. Lame.
01:40 PM on 11/30/12
White
A masochist cannibal dining alone.
User Info.
Here's something very mildly interesting:

Identical art, slightly different colour schemes.

What an inexcusably broken heap of garbage.
01:47 PM on 11/30/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
don't have that problem

10:03 PM on 11/30/12
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
What about when you're not at home?

Maybe I don't do as much music exploration as you do (well I'm sure I don't since my paying job is entirely non music related) but for me I can't fathom having to rely on a cellular connection in order to stream a song. Even with LTE now on the iP5 one day I'll be sitting at work and have full bars and the next I'll have no signal.

I think if we got to a point where our cellular networks were as strong as say, Japan's, I could see only using Rdio or Spotify for myself. As of now though the idea of relying on ATT in the subway sounds terrible.
Sounds like you need to get Verizon. Way better cellular coverage.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests