Username
Password

05:07 AM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
I prefer Tentacruel. It got some cool moves in 5th gen.
10:48 AM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 21 Years Old
I want to train a Grass pokemon... but in Heartgold, the only one available until Goldenrod is like Hoppip... Is it worthy? Is Jumpluff worthy?
11:24 AM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
I want to train a Grass pokemon... but in Heartgold, the only one available until Goldenrod is like Hoppip... Is it worthy? Is Jumpluff worthy?

not really, speed is its only impressive stat and you have to deal with Hoppip being shitty until you can get the TM for Headbutt, so you pretty much are waiting until Goldenrod anyway. isn't Bellsprout another early pokemon in that game, you could eventually have Victreebel. Bellossom is also an option, Oddishes are in Ilex forest and you can get the Sun Stone shortly after that -- Sunflora's good too, also evolves by sun stone, Sunkern is in the National Park north of Goldenrod
11:30 AM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
I like Lapras a lot more since it's a great tank, but I've never tried out a Tentacruel before anyway.

Tentacruel's defense isn't that great but its Special Defense is super high, plus it learns Acid Armor/Barrier if you need to brace for strong physical attacks. What really intrigues me about Tentacruel is, if i train a Corsola to level 37 and then breed it with a Tentacool, it'll be born knowing Mirror Coat. Imagine a Tentacruel that could take a Thunderbolt, lose maybe half of its HP, but then turn it back around on the electric pokemon twice as hard and knock it out in one hit.
11:32 AM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 21 Years Old
not really, speed is its only impressive stat and you have to deal with Hoppip being shitty until you can get the TM for Headbutt, so you pretty much are waiting until Goldenrod anyway. isn't Bellsprout another early pokemon in that game, you could eventually have Victreebel. Bellossom is also an option, Oddishes are in Ilex forest and you can get the Sun Stone shortly after that -- Sunflora's good too, also evolves by sun stone, Sunkern is in the National Park north of Goldenrod

Yeah, also that 4x Weakness to Ice is no good... I'm in Goldenrod at the moment, but yeah, nothing convinces me very much. Maybe a fire could be interesting, maybe growlithe... i don't know, i'm choosing to be more varied this time, already choosed Totodile as the starter, training a Gastly... etc...
11:35 AM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
Yeah, also that 4x Weakness to Ice is no good... I'm in Goldenrod at the moment, but yeah, nothing convinces me very much. Maybe a fire could be interesting, maybe growlithe... i don't know, i'm choosing to be more varied this time, already choosed Totodile as the starter, training a Gastly... etc...

Growlithe's cool if you can get a Fire Stone before late in the game, but if not, completely worthless.

train it at least until it learns Flame Wheel before evolving it though, you'll regret not having a good fire move if not
12:11 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
surette
kill the switch
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
First, Red.

That's my childhood, so
yeah, exactly this. the first generation set the standard and the formula that would be used throughout all subsequent generations.
12:58 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
imagination
/ignitetheknown
San Jose
Female - 26 Years Old
Always wanted to build a Miltank for the hell of it.
01:43 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Fuck you guys. Jumpluff rules.
02:48 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 21 Years Old
Growlithe's cool if you can get a Fire Stone before late in the game, but if not, completely worthless.

train it at least until it learns Flame Wheel before evolving it though, you'll regret not having a good fire move if not

Already catched one. I always thought it's movepool kinda sucked but meh... arcanine is so awesome, and i've never trained one to it's fully extent so i'm pumped for it.

Also, was thinking on getting Scyther, does it deliver? and maybe get rid of Butterfree, Mareep and Pidgey from my team... I wanna try new things...
02:50 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 21 Years Old
Fuck you guys. Jumpluff rules.

Did you raise one? Dude, Fire, 4X Ice, Flying... too much weaknesses xDDD
03:09 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
--------------------
Male
Can a mod just change the title to the new pokemon thread since the old one is long gone
04:01 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Can a mod just change the title to the new pokemon thread since the old one is long gone

Long live Starting a Pokemon Club.
04:08 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
imagination
/ignitetheknown
San Jose
Female - 26 Years Old
I really want to purchase/play BW2 now.

I would also throw money at a Pokémon Yellow remake.
04:38 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
Argentine
When I die, rap dies; Destiny Bond.
ACTUALLY South Korea
Female
A Pokemon Yellow with a breeding option, oh man. Sup Eevee trio.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos