Username
Password

09:48 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Troy, Missouri
Male - 26 Years Old
Seeing these guys tomorrow night, stoked.
10:33 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 25 Years Old
Dude, you have no idea! Twas all sorts of fun. The only downside to the evening was having to wake up early for work the next day, and the crowd not reacting--positively or negatively--to Polar Bear Club. But those were my only gripes with the show. Haha.

On a fun note? I made mention of how I didn't have the Hold You Up 10" in passing when I was at the merch table to my girlfriend, and a little while later she disappeared and came back with the 10" in-hand for me! It was a pleasant surprise, to say the least. Nice to have a physical copy finally. And still liking the Bon Iver cover.

that's an awesome surprise! makes me feel a little blue about being single hahajk. it's a work in progress with someone currently. anyway. bummer about that crowd's indifference to PBC - woulda been rad to see 'em live too.

i don't mind that Hold You Up EP having all three tracks on both sides of the record - gives me an excuse to listen to 'em all over and over. haha.
11:14 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 29 Years Old
that's an awesome surprise! makes me feel a little blue about being single hahajk. it's a work in progress with someone currently. anyway. bummer about that crowd's indifference to PBC - woulda been rad to see 'em live too.

i don't mind that Hold You Up EP having all three tracks on both sides of the record - gives me an excuse to listen to 'em all over and over. haha.

I thought so! And hey, yay for works in progress!

I definitely enjoy the E.P. and find myself listening to it more and more, the colder it gets. Definitely a solid purchase. Kind of can't wait for the next thing they release already...
11:26 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
Philadelphia, PA
Male
end of Halloween is gorgeous
12:34 AM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
Male - 25 Years Old
For people who have gone to their shows recently, is the stuff like Handwritten and Mulholland Drive actually possible to sing along with when played live? I realized the other day part of my issue with the album is that on a lot of the songs feel uninspired and I'm not mentally singing along with them while listening to it like I do with pretty much every other gaslight song. Its like this huge dynamic that is part of the reason I fell in love with Gaslight is missing from half of their new songs and I'm really worried its a sign of more to come. (The other half is still brilliant though so maybe Brian will pull through I just would treat another Gaslight album with cautious optimism instead of unbridled excitement at this point.)
06:10 AM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
osceola13
In Yzerman We Trust
Wesley Chapel, FL
Female
For people who have gone to their shows recently, is the stuff like Handwritten and Mulholland Drive actually possible to sing along with when played live?

I have the same issue as you with the album and after seeing both shows in Washington DC with heavy new song setlists both nights I can definitely say the new songs sound way more powerful live and you can actually sing along to them. I was surprised how many people lost their minds over the new stuff, not even the singles, I'm talking Howl and Blue Dahlia.
06:39 AM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
For people who have gone to their shows recently, is the stuff like Handwritten and Mulholland Drive actually possible to sing along with when played live? I realized the other day part of my issue with the album is that on a lot of the songs feel uninspired and I'm not mentally singing along with them while listening to it like I do with pretty much every other gaslight song. Its like this huge dynamic that is part of the reason I fell in love with Gaslight is missing from half of their new songs and I'm really worried its a sign of more to come. (The other half is still brilliant though so maybe Brian will pull through I just would treat another Gaslight album with cautious optimism instead of unbridled excitement at this point.)

When I saw them, they played 29 songs, and the most fun sing alongs were with "Keepsake" and "Biloxi Parish." Then again, I can't listen to this record without belting along with every note, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.
09:01 AM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
Male - 25 Years Old
I have the same issue as you with the album and after seeing both shows in Washington DC with heavy new song setlists both nights I can definitely say the new songs sound way more powerful live and you can actually sing along to them. I was surprised how many people lost their minds over the new stuff, not even the singles, I'm talking Howl and Blue Dahlia.

Well I mean, Howl and Blue Dahlia are the best songs on the album so that doesn't surprise me =). I'm definitely hoping stuff like Mulholland Drive grows on me after hearing it live like Cowgirls did, but the chorus is so boring II don't really see it happening.
10:06 PM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
barkjon
the sunspots in your eyes
Seattle, WA
Male
The Backseat reduced me to tears tonight.

"AND IF YOU NEVER LET ME GO, I WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN."

Love that line, and the entire song
11:05 AM on 12/06/12 
User Info.
soda182
No Avatar Selected
Canada
Female - 20 Years Old
love love love!
01:41 PM on 12/06/12 
User Info.
evvandflow
full of shit and free beer
Boston
Male - 24 Years Old

poster for upcoming Kevin Slack-directed short film, Every Word Handwritten

whats this about?

and el jefe <3
01:58 PM on 12/06/12 
User Info.
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
Male - 25 Years Old
whats this about?

and el jefe <3

In addition to recording the music video for Handwritten, they also did a short film that flushes out the plot more / includes dialog (I think).
01:04 PM on 12/11/12 
User Info.
mrnegativezero
You wanted to set the world on fire
Southern California
Male - 22 Years Old
Anyone watch the KROQ stream of Gaslight's set? Or was there? Anything noteworthy?
08:08 PM on 12/16/12 
User Info.
Smasha
The Queen of Lower Chelsea
Thunder Bay, Ont
Female - 28 Years Old
Out of curiosity, is anyone going to the show in Chicago at the Riviera on March 1st? I am thinking about taking a road trip to see the show there!
08:22 PM on 12/16/12 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
When I saw them, they played 29 songs, and the most fun sing alongs were with "Keepsake" and "Biloxi Parish." Then again, I can't listen to this record without belting along with every note, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.
This.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version