AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Yellowcard News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 29 of 29.
01:52 PM on 11/19/12
tdlyon
User Info.
They did this when I saw them a few days ago. I kinda enjoyed it but I wish they did another of their own songs instead. Show was incredible besides that though.
02:08 PM on 11/19/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
mumford and sons are soooooo boring whydsfhasuifhaskh
02:46 PM on 11/19/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
They need to drop this cover and either do Telescope or For You and Your Denial.
02:51 PM on 11/19/12
ParksXcore
User Info.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC0Ra...ature=g-crec-u

Took this video from the NYC show on Saturday. Not the best video but Ryan gives a bit of an explanation of the song choice.
04:10 PM on 11/19/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Here's my video from Boston last night:

04:17 PM on 11/19/12
Quijiba
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
not a horrible cover but it is missing that distinctive Mumford emotion behind it.
06:49 PM on 11/19/12
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Don't take covers so seriously. When did everyone become an American Idol judge?

People on this site have become increasingly critical of covers. Yellowcard played it because they wanted to. The fans liked it. Covers aren't about "doing it better than the original", that can just be a bonus. It's a nice way to pay tribute or introduce an audience to another artist.
09:25 PM on 11/19/12
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
Don't take covers so seriously. When did everyone become an American Idol judge?

People on this site have become increasingly critical of covers. Yellowcard played it because they wanted to. The fans liked it. Covers aren't about "doing it better than the original", that can just be a bonus. It's a nice way to pay tribute or introduce an audience to another artist.
Yes but if the cover is legitimately terrible, and they could be performing a song of their own in place of the really terrible cover, the criticism is completely warranted.
05:22 AM on 11/20/12
mbao
I'm on the up and up.
User Info.
I remember seeing Ryan tweet that he was a fan of the new Mumford and Sons album, so I'm not too surprised. I like the idea, it's not great but I don't hate it like a lot of people in this thread seem to.

What I want to know is why Mackin didn't bring his violin in, seems like a good fit for this song.
06:42 PM on 11/21/12
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yes but if the cover is legitimately terrible, and they could be performing a song of their own in place of the really terrible cover, the criticism is completely warranted.
I'm sure they didn't set out to do a terrible cover, and it's a matter of opinion because I heard a bunch of people singing along and clapping. Or, a band could choose to play one less song in their set. It's not like they went into studio, recorded it and everyone hates it. Criticisms of all these live covers have gone overboard on this site.
01:44 AM on 11/22/12
Dręgon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Far less boring than the original. Far less bland too, although adding musicality and energy changed the meaning of the song.
10:48 AM on 11/26/12
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
It wasn't that bad....
03:42 PM on 12/09/12
lilfields
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I actually really liked the cover, don't understand the hate. I don't even like Mumford & Sons.
09:23 PM on 12/09/12
YC obsession
Easy Target
User Info.

Hate to say it because i love Yellowcard so much, but yeah. I agree.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums