Username
Password
The Cab News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Cab
Inside AP.net

Alexander DeLeon Forced Onto Vocal Rest

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (12/10/12)
Alexander DeLeon has been ordered to go on vocal rest from a doctor following non-stop touring. The Cab have been forced to cancel a show with One Republic due to this. You can check out Alex's full statement after the jump.
From AlexThis is definitely not an easy thing to write. Over the past year, well technically over the past six or soÖ we have been touring almost nonstop. In between tours I have been singing and writing for other artists giving myself almost no off time. A few days ago I went to see the countryís leading voice doctor in Boston, and he has ordered me to not sing for a bit. I just need a break. We have been working so hard for so long that my vocal chords are just tired. I have to rest my singing voice so I donít experience more serious problems in the future. I have been pretty upset about this because I hate feeling like Iím letting people down, but I know in my soul that resting will be better for my career and The Cab long term.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8.
05:55 PM on 12/10/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
From AlexFans, Family, and Friends…

This is definitely not an easy thing to write. Over the past year, well technically over the past six or so… we have been touring almost nonstop. In between tours I have been singing and writing for other artists giving myself almost no off time. A few days ago I went to see the country’s leading voice doctor in Boston, and he has ordered me to not sing for a bit. I just need a break. We have been working so hard for so long that my vocal chords are just tired. I have to rest my singing voice so I don’t experience more serious problems in the future. I have been pretty upset about this because I hate feeling like I’m letting people down, but I know in my soul that resting will be better for my career and The Cab long term.

Playing with One Republic has always been a dream of mine. But in order to do that, I have to stop trying to be the hero and let myself rest. We are forced to cancel this week’s show with One Republic as well as a few other upcoming events. However, we will still be flying out to all of the radio shows to play what we can, and to hug you all and to spend time with you. My voice may need rest but I won’t let that stop me from flying around the country to see our fans. I love you guys with all of my heart and I am so sorry to have to cancel the show this week. I love you all and am looking forward to seeing you soon.

-Alexander DeLeon and The CAB
06:18 PM on 12/10/12
xdrummerxdudex
i am a legend
User Info.
Rest up, good sir! Can't wait for the next album.
06:25 PM on 12/10/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Best of luck to them.

Looking forward to a new album and finally seeing them live.
06:28 PM on 12/10/12
smowashere
User Info.
"I have to stop trying to be the hero" LOL.

But hope his vocal cords recover soon!
06:55 PM on 12/10/12
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
I think it's awesome that they're still gonna go to the shows. Hoping for a fast recovery!
11:04 PM on 12/10/12
George_mm
You bred raptors?
User Info.
"I have to stop trying to be the hero" LOL.

But hope his vocal cords recover soon!
I died at that part haha

Sounds like they'll be missing out on some sweet cash but other than that hope he recovers soon.
09:07 AM on 12/11/12
Andrew.Salzillo
User Info.
Sweet brag man
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News