AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 33
06:14 PM on 12/11/12
TooOLDforAP.Net
User Info.
Probably trying to redeem themselves after that last album...

That album is a hell hole
06:26 PM on 12/11/12
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
Push And Shove did have a few bad tracks, but compared to a lot of modern pop it's one of the better records in that arena to come out this year. "Gravity", "Sparkle", "Heaven", "Dreaming The Same Dream", "Looking Hot"... if you walked into the record expecting something along the lines of Tragic Kingdom 2: Electric Boogaloo I could imagine being disappointed - this isn't ska punk anymore, it's a pop record with 80's, Caribbean, and dance flourishes - but given where the band left off on Rock Steady and Gwen's two solo records it's a good album.
06:32 PM on 12/11/12
SeeYouHomeWolf
www.see-you-home-wolf.bandcamp.com
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How exciting 15 years ago!
06:41 PM on 12/11/12
IV.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
they should ask blink... its tough to come back and write a good record like you never left. Maybe the next album can be their "dogs eating dogs"
06:56 PM on 12/11/12
Amongster
Still In Last Place
User Info.
08:06 PM on 12/11/12
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
they should ask blink... its tough to come back and write a good record like you never left. Maybe the next album can be their "dogs eating dogs"

It takes a real fanboy to compare something totally off topic to something they havnt heard yet.
08:36 PM on 12/11/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
It takes a real fanboy to compare something totally off topic to something they havnt heard yet.

Am i a fan boy for making the connections of both their comeback albums flopping? Still mad respect for any band that gets to the popularity like they have.
10:37 PM on 12/11/12
5fikev
User Info.
Wish they'd go back and listen to the beacon street collection and tragic kingdom and progress from there down a different path than the one they chose. I love No Doubt as much as the next guy but that last album was hard to swallow. That shit was bananas b-a-n-a-n-a-s...sorry, I had to.
12:45 AM on 12/12/12
Merve
Pennycan Champion
User Info.
They can still write decent songs, but they need to work with a different producer this time around. Spike Stent drowned everything under twenty layers of delay, reverb, and processed synths.
02:16 AM on 12/12/12
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
I think Settle Down is a great song, probably one of my favorites in their catalog. But yes, the album wasn't so good...
04:20 AM on 12/12/12
operator
User Info.
That album is a hell hole

Hella hole
09:22 AM on 12/12/12
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
User Info.
Push And Shove did have a few bad tracks, but compared to a lot of modern pop it's one of the better records in that arena to come out this year.

"Compared to all other poops that were pooped this year, this one smells the least bad."

Album sucks. And if it's truly one of the better pop records to come out this year, then that tells you quite a bit about the state of pop music.
11:09 AM on 12/12/12
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
Am the the only one who really loved their new album?
11:15 AM on 12/12/12
WestBroRaptist
User Info.
Am the the only one who really loved their new album?
yes.
06:32 PM on 12/12/12
mikeXXXnj
jesus fucking christ
User Info.
dear god, no

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles