Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 80
02:16 PM on 12/17/12
15 Step
User Info.
sure, she may be an idiot, but she doesn't suck for that comment
The performance was horrendous - not sure how anyone that actually appreciates nirvana would like it.
because it's not nirvana? calling this nirvana is like calling them crooked vultures queens of the stone age.
02:19 PM on 12/17/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
If any male has license to call any one female a 'cunt', I think Courtney Love more than applies. It's an issue of semantics, really. Would you be just as fired up if I called her a twat or a cum-dumpster? Because she's those too, Clucky. She's all of the above and worse.

Doesn't matter what someone "is". Slurs are slurs. Really don't see how calling someone a "cunt" is any better than using the n-slur or f-slur. (Except apparently those are censored here but "cunt" so I guess AP.net is okay with sexism, just as long as it isn't racist or homophobic sexism)
02:21 PM on 12/17/12
Amongster
Take A Deep Breath
User Info.
The same behavior that warrants the N-slur, F-slur, and R-slur
And what behaviour is that?
02:27 PM on 12/17/12
projectmayhem16
keep cool, but care
User Info.
Doesn't matter what someone "is". Slurs are slurs. Really don't see how calling someone a "cunt" is any better than using the n-slur or f-slur. (Except apparently those are censored here but "cunt" so I guess AP.net is okay with sexism, just as long as it isn't racist or homophobic sexism)
I get what you're saying, and to a large extent: you're right, but let's call a spade a spade here. She's the c-word.
02:33 PM on 12/17/12
Neptune
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Haha here is this woman I dislike so I'm going to start calling her a slur"

This comment thread so far is almost as bad as Reddit... I mean I'm not saying Courtney Love isn't a bitter, selfish human being who is hard to like, but that's still no excuse to pull out slurs.
shut up, cunt.
02:42 PM on 12/17/12
SteveMLepore
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You know, chances are she's probably right. Kurt has been documented as treating Dave and Krist very shittily toward the end, especially during In Utero. Dave and Krist accepted a huge cut in royalty/songwriting fees after Nevermind came out just to keep the band going. I wouldn't be surprised if she was telling the truth.

Does it make her not a terrible person? No. But she may not actually be lying here. Imagine a world with Foo Fighters made up of Dave + Krist and going against Nirvana with a new lineup, just as message boards were getting popular.
02:42 PM on 12/17/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
I get what you're saying, and to a large extent: you're right, but let's call a spade a spade here. She's the c-word.

What's your the point though? A black guy is still the n-word. But saying "let's call a spade a spade" doesn't make it okay for me to call him one.

There are words you just shouldn't use. They promote misogyny or other forms of hatred -- the idea that Courtney's love problem isn't just that she's an asshole, she's a female asshole and that is somehow worse. Even that isn't the intent behind the word, its still how its going to be perceived by many, and so especially when you're on the internet and so many of the communities on the internet are thinly disguised pools of misogyny, its good to set a better standard and say "If you're problem with Courtney Love is that she's an asshole, just her an asshole. Don't use a different word that carries a broader meaning". We don't have to stoop to the same level. This place is usually really good about the racist / homophobic stuff, so I guess I just don't get why sexism is any different.
02:46 PM on 12/17/12
Amongster
Take A Deep Breath
User Info.
What's your the point though? A black guy is still the n-word. But saying "let's call a spade a spade" doesn't make it okay for me to call him one.

There are words you just shouldn't use. They promote misogyny or other forms of hatred -- the idea that Courtney's love problem isn't just that she's an asshole, she's a female asshole and that is somehow worse. Even that isn't the intent behind the word, its still how its going to be perceived by many, and so especially when you're on the internet and so many of the communities on the internet are thinly disguised pools of misogyny, its good to set a better standard and say "If you're problem with Courtney Love is that she's an asshole, just her an asshole. Don't use a different word that carries a broader meaning". We don't have to stoop to the same level. This place is usually really good about the racist / homophobic stuff, so I guess I just don't get why sexism is any different.
Some terms are only as demographic-specific as you make them. Nobody is hating on Courtney love for being female here.

Ladies and gentlemen, words of wisdom from Mr. Louis C.K.

02:47 PM on 12/17/12
projectmayhem16
keep cool, but care
User Info.

Cunt is a unisex slur, though.
02:48 PM on 12/17/12
projectmayhem16
keep cool, but care
User Info.
Thank you, CallMeTroy and Louie C.K. That's basically how I feel about it.
02:50 PM on 12/17/12
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
Courtney Love's opinion must be taken very seriously. This is in fact, the same person who thought releasing the last Hole album was a good idea.
02:50 PM on 12/17/12
njiata603
http://greatbigchoruses.tumblr.c om/
User Info.
I was just at the bridge in Aberdeen, WA where there is a memorial to Kurt a few weeks ago. Somebody wrote "Fuck that bitch Courtney" underneath. Gave me a good chuckle.
02:53 PM on 12/17/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
hahahahahahahah this thread is fucking hilarious. there's just so much irony crammed into one place.

first instance being that Courtney Love probably calls herself a cunt all the time. the second being that Krist would by far be the best bass player Hole ever had.

why,why, why does she act like she's as talented as Kurt was?

let's look it at like this, she claims the only reason anyone knows who Dave and Krist are is because of Kurt, which is probably true. BUT what is even truer is that no one would know who she is either. now let's look at all parties involved track records since back when they all made Kurt kill himself. Hole became a joke, Krist sunk into obscurity, and Dave started the Foo Fighters.

So the one who made a sad spectacle of her life is talking from a pedestal to a guy who made his own way and another guy who respectively walked away.

That's a cunt thing to do, sorry if it offends you. check that, no i'm not. at fucking all.
02:57 PM on 12/17/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.

No it isn't. I mean, you can use the f-slur on straight guys. That doesn't mean it uni-orientation.

And yeah, I'm totally going to listen to a straight white male comedian about how its okay to use racist, sexist, and homophobic slurs.
02:59 PM on 12/17/12
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.

The n/f slurs are offensive/used towards certain groups of people. Cunt can apply to anyone.

And Courtney Love is definitely a cunt.

This.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums