Username
Password
Stupid News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 80.
03:06 PM on 12/17/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
No it isn't. I mean, you can use the f-slur on straight guys. That doesn't mean it uni-orientation.

And yeah, I'm totally going to listen to a straight white male comedian about how its okay to use racist, sexist, and homophobic slurs.
alright, be like that. but rupaul and wanda sykes aren't very funny.
03:07 PM on 12/17/12
bananabread
User Info.
Well they did ask for you to cut em some slack.
03:16 PM on 12/17/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Courtney Love lecturing Krist Novoselic on bass playing is like Justin Bieber lecturing John Lennon on songwriting,
03:16 PM on 12/17/12
Amongster
Up Into The Upswing
User Info.
No it isn't. I mean, you can use the f-slur on straight guys. That doesn't mean it uni-orientation.

And yeah, I'm totally going to listen to a straight white male comedian about how its okay to use racist, sexist, and homophobic slurs.
A good point is a good point regardless of who makes it, and Louis CK's point was that words are only slurs when used as slurs. Nobody here is using "cunt" as a slur; they aren't seeking to devalue Courtney Love as a person because she is a woman.
03:23 PM on 12/17/12
ScorchOurBodies
Dead Inside
User Info.
Isn't that in itself racist, sexist, and homophobic in that you refuse to listen to listen a straight white male comedian simply because of his sexual orientation, his skin color, and his gender?
03:27 PM on 12/17/12
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.

he didn't say it's allright, he's not insensitive/stupid, the guy is actually pretty smart. the video isn't as offensive as you probably think it is. just saying!
03:41 PM on 12/17/12
dlaug
good morning, vietnam
User Info.
Cut them some slack...
03:51 PM on 12/17/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Isn't that in itself racist, sexist, and homophobic in that you refuse to listen to listen a straight white male comedian simply because of his sexual orientation, his skin color, and his gender?

The issue isn't really with the routine. That is a whole other subject that isn't really worth getting into. The routine was brought up in defense of why its okay to use those words in standard conversation. My point is that as a straight white male, Lewis C.K. only knows those slurs in the context which he uses them within his routine. He hasn't had someone call him the f-word within the context of hate.

So from viewed purely as a comedy routine, like whatever. I mean, I'm personally not really a Lewis C.K. fan but I don't really have a huge problem with it. There is a place for offensive humor in comedy routines. But comedy routines are still just that - comedy routines. They aren't supposed to be life lessons, and if you try and use it as a life lesson then I think its perfectly reasonable to point out that Lewis isn't really the proper person to comment. Like, if I'm wondering "Is the NFL harmful to its players" and on the one hand I have these actual NFL players saying "Look, I have these brain injuries" and on the other hand I have these people saying "no violence has always been part of the game. plus the players get paid so much and they know the risks", I'm going to side with the players because they have the better perspective. Its the same way here, a straight white man saying how they doing see the issue with the slurs matters a lot less to me than the women, black people, or gay people who *do* take offense with the slurs.
03:52 PM on 12/17/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
as soon as i saw the first post i know this was going to devolve into a bunch of whining about political correctness. kinda surprised tate hasn't come to the whiners' aid with his mighty banhammer
04:01 PM on 12/17/12
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
User Info.
What's your the point though? A black guy is still the n-word. But saying "let's call a spade a spade" doesn't make it okay for me to call him one.

There are words you just shouldn't use. They promote misogyny or other forms of hatred -- the idea that Courtney's love problem isn't just that she's an asshole, she's a female asshole and that is somehow worse. Even that isn't the intent behind the word, its still how its going to be perceived by many, and so especially when you're on the internet and so many of the communities on the internet are thinly disguised pools of misogyny, its good to set a better standard and say "If you're problem with Courtney Love is that she's an asshole, just her an asshole. Don't use a different word that carries a broader meaning". We don't have to stoop to the same level. This place is usually really good about the racist / homophobic stuff, so I guess I just don't get why sexism is any different.

All women aren't cunts though. Just Courtney Love.
04:08 PM on 12/17/12
projectmayhem16
keep cool, but care
User Info.
All women aren't cunts though. Just Courtney Love.
This.
04:21 PM on 12/17/12
leftapart
User Info.
I love women, but I hate this woman.
04:22 PM on 12/17/12
XfashionXsenseX
Same Gold Different Hands
User Info.
who?
04:32 PM on 12/17/12
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
The issue isn't really with the routine. That is a whole other subject that isn't really worth getting into. The routine was brought up in defense of why its okay to use those words in standard conversation. My point is that as a straight white male, Lewis C.K. only knows those slurs in the context which he uses them within his routine. He hasn't had someone call him the f-word within the context of hate.

So from viewed purely as a comedy routine, like whatever. I mean, I'm personally not really a Lewis C.K. fan but I don't really have a huge problem with it. There is a place for offensive humor in comedy routines. But comedy routines are still just that - comedy routines. They aren't supposed to be life lessons, and if you try and use it as a life lesson then I think its perfectly reasonable to point out that Lewis isn't really the proper person to comment. Like, if I'm wondering "Is the NFL harmful to its players" and on the one hand I have these actual NFL players saying "Look, I have these brain injuries" and on the other hand I have these people saying "no violence has always been part of the game. plus the players get paid so much and they know the risks", I'm going to side with the players because they have the better perspective. Its the same way here, a straight white man saying how they doing see the issue with the slurs matters a lot less to me than the women, black people, or gay people who *do* take offense with the slurs.
Lol, didn't I tell you how this was going to go? It's useless. Ignorant people are going to remain willfully ignorant rather than accept their behavior is wrong.
04:33 PM on 12/17/12
maxvsmaradona
thesecondside.bandcamp.co m
User Info.
cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt vcunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests