Username
Password
Coheed & Cambria News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 48.
04:46 AM on 12/19/12
AMackChuck
I am...Bakerguy
User Info.
Such a terrible album and I'm a huge Coheed fan.

I can understand the hate but it does have it's moments.
06:02 AM on 12/19/12
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
User Info.
Good schtuff.
08:18 AM on 12/19/12
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
Sick!
08:26 AM on 12/19/12
WSwan
DudeGuyMan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't think YOTBR is all that bad. I like it a bit more than GA2, which I dislike immensely, even if it has some of the best Coheed songs ever on it (Mother Superior, The End Complete III: The End Complete).

And I also feel that the solo seems misplaced in this song, but otherwise it's a cool hard rockin' radio friendly jam.
08:45 AM on 12/19/12
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
I can understand the hate but it does have it's moments.
The only redeeming song on that album for me is Pearl Of The Stars. I LOVE that song. It's gorgeous. Even when Coheed are at their worst they can always produce some gems.

I'm also glad Chris is out of the band. He is a hugely talented drummer just not the right fit for Coheed. Josh is that bands drummer. He fits perfectly.
09:20 AM on 12/19/12
Seth Robinson
User Info.
Just chiming in to agree with everyone that YOTBR is an absolutely god-awful garbage piece of shit album....and I am an ENORMOUS Coheed fan, have been for 9 years. So happy they headed back in the amazing direction with A:A AND A:D
09:55 AM on 12/19/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
For some reason he reminds me a little of Daryl Palumbo in this song.
11:40 AM on 12/19/12
joel_one
Blood Warriors
User Info.
how did this thread turn into the "yobr sucks thread"
02:59 PM on 12/19/12
Helen Keller.
Moustache Cash Stash
User Info.
how did this thread turn into the "yobr sucks thread"
Who knows, people are assholes. I liked YotBR personally. Don't consider it their best for sure, but it's not an "absolutely god-awful garbage piece of shit" like Seth Robinson so eloquently said above. Chris Pennie's a great drummer even though he isn't a great fit for Coheed, and they chose the wrong producers for sure, but I liked it. If people in this thread hate it, what the fuck ever.
03:01 PM on 12/19/12
speakhandsforme
no shame in impulse
User Info.
I met the douchiest Coheed fan at a party a couple weeks ago. Told me I didn't know anything about music because I told him TYOTBR sucked. I laughed at him.

In his defense, Year was worlds better than No World. No World was such a shit album.
03:10 PM on 12/19/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
In his defense, Year was worlds better than No World. No World was such a shit album.
Personally I think they both suck. But hey, I love all the old shit and the new album was pretty sweet.
05:12 PM on 12/19/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
Just to throw it out there. I actually enjoyed Year of the Black Rainbow quite a bit. It actually gave me hope for Coheed again. I could never say anything they put out "sucks," either. Maybe not as good as previous material (more specifically, how it lines up with my tastes), but I couldn't say it sucks. There is plenty of music out there that I dislike, but I wouldn't say sucks. That's just me, though.
09:19 PM on 12/19/12
Helen Keller.
Moustache Cash Stash
User Info.
Just to throw it out there. I actually enjoyed Year of the Black Rainbow quite a bit. It actually gave me hope for Coheed again. I could never say anything they put out "sucks," either. Maybe not as good as previous material (more specifically, how it lines up with my tastes), but I couldn't say it sucks. There is plenty of music out there that I dislike, but I wouldn't say sucks. That's just me, though.
Agreed so, so much. YOTBR is to Coheed what The Resistance is to Muse. It's really a fairly great album, but fans love to hate it to prove how "hardcore" they are. I view it as the album where Coheed embraces their metal side, and Afterman the album where they embrace their progginess.
10:54 PM on 12/24/12
KyleOcL
KyleOcL
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You don't know anything about music.

Yotbr sucked huge black cock
10:36 AM on 12/30/12
TomWhaley
Lay me in the dirt and I will grow.
User Info.
I'll always defend YoBR, being a huge Atticus Ross and Joe Barresi fan. I'd take it over NWFT any day. The album is pure, raw energy. There aren't 8 Claudio vocal harmonies on every line. Not everything is sang or performed perfectly. It's a total vibe record. I never understood the hate for that album. "The Broken" could be the heaviest Coheed song ever written, while "Pearl of the Stars" is one of the most delicate. The drums on "Guns of Summer" are absolutely mind-blowing. Eppard himself said he'd have trouble learning that one. It's a solid album.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests