Username
Password
Skate and Surf Fest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Skate and Surf Fest
Inside AP.net

Skate and Surf Fest Announce GameChangers

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (12/20/12)
John D has posted a lengthy update about next year's Skate and Surf Festival along with their new gaming platform - GameChanger. You can read the full statement in the replies.
From John DWe have spent the last year designing and building one of the most dynamic products to ever hit the mobile gaming platform. In a few months, some of your favorite artists will be put into mobile phone games, that the artists created. Through your engagement, you will be rewarded with unique prizes which will only be available on the GameChanger platform.

We expected to launch in the fall with what we had hoped to be 20 artists. We currently have over 50 confirmed artists set to be game'd in early 2013. While I can't reveal too much about the platform, I want to assure everyone that we intend to use this to rebuild the relationship between artists and fans. Gamers will have 365/24-hour access to their favorite artists.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
08:37 AM on 12/20/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
From John DGameChangers:

It's been quite a long time since I have said much, besides the use of Twitter. I want to welcome everyone to the GameChanger platform.

We have spent the last year designing and building one of the most dynamic products to ever hit the mobile gaming platform. In a few months, some of your favorite artists will be put into mobile phone games, that the artists created. Through your engagement, you will be rewarded with unique prizes which will only be available on the GameChanger platform.

We expected to launch in the fall with what we had hoped to be 20 artists. We currently have over 50 confirmed artists set to be game'd in early 2013. While I can't reveal too much about the platform, I want to assure everyone that we intend to use this to rebuild the relationship between artists and fans. Gamers will have 365/24-hour access to their favorite artists.

Through GameChanger Live, the fan will be able to take their experience to an all new level. No more boring meet and greets, game up your favorite band and let's see who's really in control! GameChanger artists will appear at all Live events, battling the fans in "game surfing" competitions across the XBox360, PS3 and mobile gaming platforms.

The concert industry is dead. The record business is on life-support. Only a GameChanger would be able to rise up and save the fans from incompetent failures of a broken system.
GameChanger is proud to present Skate and Surf Festival, May 18th and 19th, in Freehold, NJ.

There will be a special "loyalty" ticketing pre-sale for Skate and Surf beginning at 3 p.m. EST on Christmas Day. A limited amount of weekend ticket packages will be available for $89.99. Tickets will be available through SkateandSurfFest.com and GameChangerWorld.com.

The announcements will be a game, I hope the fans can help us deliver an incredible line up that will not only turn back the clock, but move us forward in a very special journey that we hope stands the test of time.

For more info., please visit SkateandSurfFest.com or GameChangerWorld.com. Sign up for the exclusive emails, I have big plans for those in the know this year.

Expect the unexpected. The Game is about to Change. Engage the future!

From our family, to you and yours, happy holidays!

John D and The GameChanger Family
08:41 AM on 12/20/12
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
They should live stream these festivals online.
08:44 AM on 12/20/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Quote:
The concert industry is dead.

Not really..
08:55 AM on 12/20/12
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
User Info.
I am confused.
08:55 AM on 12/20/12
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No, but people make less money than we all might think. There are just too many acts on the road these days leaving consumers spread too thin.
08:56 AM on 12/20/12
esposimi
http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail45
User Info.
Does that mean I can party up on Black Ops 2 with my "favorite artists"?
08:58 AM on 12/20/12
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Mobile gaming is largely awful is so lol.
08:59 AM on 12/20/12
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
I....Don't get it.
09:04 AM on 12/20/12
esposimi
http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail45
User Info.
Lol their site is broken, I signed up for an account on there and I can't do anything yet.

09:39 AM on 12/20/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
No, but people make less money than we all might think. There are just too many acts on the road these days leaving consumers spread too thin.
Well that's the way the artists make their money directly..by touring. There aren't enough markets out there for all of these acts, you're correct. Maybe a 2 US tour cycle for each album and an international tour for each band? That could work. There are bands out there still supporting the same album they came out with like 4 years ago.
09:43 AM on 12/20/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Post bands already!
09:55 AM on 12/20/12
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This doesn't sound incredibly lame or anything.
09:56 AM on 12/20/12
Shoorty0690
User Info.
Where on earth is Skate and Surf happening in Freehold? I've lived here all my life. This town cannot support an extra 30,000 people...anywhere!
10:17 AM on 12/20/12
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
User Info.
Where on earth is Skate and Surf happening in Freehold? I've lived here all my life. This town cannot support an extra 30,000 people...anywhere!

Yeah, I can't imagine where this can be. Supposedly it's by iPlay America but I can't imagine it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests