Username
Password
Album Info. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Album Info.
Inside AP.net

Joyce Manor on Cassette

Posted by: Jason Tate (12/20/12)
Both Joyce Manor's cds are being put on cassettes for six dollars.

Submitted by Colino

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
12:31 PM on 12/20/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Really don't get the bands that are putting stuff out on cassette recently.

Vinyl makes sense. Its beautiful. It arguably sounds better. Its cool to watch the needle bob up and down as the record spins around on your turntable. It is larger physical object. It works because its "more than just the music"

What do cassettes offer that is more than just the music? They don't sound better than MP3s. They are far less portable. There aren't pretty... I just don't get it. Seems like the only thing it has going for it is the "no one uses this anymore so its hip to use it" but that's a stupid reason for collecting vinyl so is also a stupid reason for collecting cassettes/cds,
12:49 PM on 12/20/12
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.

Vinyl makes sense. Its beautiful. It arguably sounds better. Its cool to watch the needle bob up and down as the record spins around on your turntable. It is larger physical object. It works because its "more than just the music"

What do cassettes offer that is more than just the music? They don't sound better than MP3s. They are far less portable. There aren't pretty... I just don't get it. Seems like the only thing it has going for it is the "no one uses this anymore so its hip to use it" but that's a stupid reason for collecting vinyl so is also a stupid reason for collecting cassettes/cds,
It's a cheap, cool collectible and an easy, cheap way to buy an album in a physical format.
12:50 PM on 12/20/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
It's a cheap, cool collectible and an easy, cheap way to buy an album in a physical format.

I guess I just find vinyl a whole lot cooler. I guess it is cheaper, and taste is subjective so there could be people who think cassettes are cooler than vinyl. Also probably a nostalgia factor for the right generation.
12:55 PM on 12/20/12
wall e
@mattobrien37
User Info.
I can't wait to buy this and play it on my
12:57 PM on 12/20/12
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
User Info.
Cool. I guess that's the upside to recording two albums that are barely over 30 minutes combined. I might buy this (if that's okay with everyone in this thread, at least).
01:51 PM on 12/20/12
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
I kind of wanted this so I could have a physical copy of their stuff but man is that cover bad.
02:15 PM on 12/20/12
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
Just bought it. I've never listened to s/t but Of All Things... is good and I like collecting cassettes.
03:28 PM on 12/20/12
lilRIPsta
User Info.
pretentious
06:55 PM on 12/20/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
love joyce manor but i say the same thing as this guy every time i see something being released on cassette

08:34 PM on 12/20/12
Tele72
User Info.
$6 physical copy. Not gonna complain.
09:12 PM on 12/20/12
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
User Info.
Waiting for 8 track...
12:14 AM on 12/21/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.

Agree 100%
05:35 AM on 12/21/12
drrn
User Info.
pretty much

great band though
08:00 AM on 12/21/12
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
brilliant.
Options