Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 18 of 18
12:00 PM on 12/20/12
mvacare23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Here's the deal. Instrumentally, especially the guitars, are fantastic. Reminds me a lot of all the stuff I love/have loved from Anberlin over the years. Anberlin needs to keep Joey's songwriting up front. With that said, Joey's voice kills these tracks for me. All i can do is picture Stephen singing to these jams and image how fantastic they would be.
07:42 AM on 12/22/12
JoeyAnberlin
Anberlin / Joey
User Info.
Hey guys, thank you for even talking about my record, I'm not here to dispute anyone's opinions because they are your own, just here to clear up a few things that have been nagging me a bit.
First and foremost, I cannot stress how much I DO NOT write ANYTHING for Stephen in the way of lyrics and melodies. Having been in a band with Stephen for 16 years its natural that we have an easy time relaying ideas to each other on how songs could be better, but that is it. I firmly believe that in a sea of singers/lyricists he stands out so well and will be cited by singers as an influence for a very long time after we are done.
Secondly, Anberlin is a collaboration musically and no one person is the mastermind behind us. Everyone one of us work very hard to write more than enough material for what ends up being on the record. When people say "I hear Joey/Christian/Nate/Etc in this one..." yes you do, because we all wrote these songs together. Initially do some of us bring more ideas to the table? Yes, but then it gets thrown in the collective wheelhouse and every member leaves their mark.
I honestly mean it in the most sincere and non-aggressive way possible when I say PLEASE do not assume you know the inner workings of a very tightly knit group.
Thanks to those that have been so great with not only Sins but more importantly Vital. You guys talking about this stuff lets us know that we are on the right track.
Thanks,
Joseph
02:20 AM on 12/23/12
Mantle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Joey,I didn't know you can sing so well,Me&Jack is my favorite one,are u willing to let your fans know if there's a story behind it?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos