Username
Password
Say Anything News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 46.
01:00 PM on 12/24/12
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
Can I just have Sherri sing my name over and over?
01:01 PM on 12/24/12
CavanaughPark
Hey, I'm doing alright.
User Info.
Such a cool idea.
01:41 PM on 12/24/12
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
Can I just have Sherri sing my name over and over?

Ever heard "Bradley" by Coal Chamber? That's got you covered, man.
01:43 PM on 12/24/12
lordchamberlain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
max also has an uncanny ability to churn out songs like crazy. looking at his old stuff and IDOTG, combined with the "painful splits" stuff, it's clear that the song shop suits his abilities better than other artists -- not to say he is a better artist than mark hoppus or jesse lacey, but he is a more able artist in cranking out songs in this fashion.

however, hoppus and lacey could easily sell half the songs as bemis for twice as much, or 10% as many for 10 times as much. any once-famous band or musician down on his luck should drool over max's song shop idea.
01:53 PM on 12/24/12
Alison1488
____
User Info.
I made out like a bandit with my song. I paid $75 for what was supposed to be a "half song"- around a minute and a half- but the song I received was over 4 minutes. It was a very personal, heartfelt song. I would highly recommend this to anyone on the fence about it.
02:15 PM on 12/24/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Ever heard "Bradley" by Coal Chamber? That's got you covered, man.
hahah
03:39 PM on 12/24/12
Trainsaw
User Info.
Hey dirty, baby I got your money!
If there were a soundtrack to the Holocaust it would be that shitty version of Baby, I Got Your Money.
03:56 PM on 12/24/12
thesinkingship
You gave her shit
User Info.
I made out like a bandit with my song. I paid $75 for what was supposed to be a "half song"- around a minute and a half- but the song I received was over 4 minutes. It was a very personal, heartfelt song. I would highly recommend this to anyone on the fence about it.
I think it's really whatever Max feels like at the moment when it comes to those song lengths. I'm sure he aims for a certain minimum. Even full lengths are often closer to two minutes.

If he earns as much in Say Anything royalties as he does in song shop then I would be surprised. Maybe in album release years he comes close.

And he's definitely a better artist than Mark Hoppus.
05:25 PM on 12/24/12
Alison1488
____
User Info.
I think it's really whatever Max feels like at the moment when it comes to those song lengths. I'm sure he aims for a certain minimum. Even full lengths are often closer to two minutes.

If he earns as much in Say Anything royalties as he does in song shop then I would be surprised. Maybe in album release years he comes close.

And he's definitely a better artist than Mark Hoppus.
I understand that. He sent out a text about one song being the deepest song he's ever written. Mine was late getting sent. I'll always wonder if it was my song.
05:28 PM on 12/24/12
drewbaldy
phaynes1 sucks
User Info.
Me and my ex wife are definitely going to get one and see if they would write a lullaby for my daughter seeing as my her name is Eisley.
06:01 PM on 12/24/12
thesinkingship
You gave her shit
User Info.
I'd ask for a song with sexually explicit lyrics just so I could hear Sherri say them
08:28 PM on 12/24/12
movingxpictures
Is it a dream keeping you awake?
User Info.

What did you write about? I'm curious to see how he does it. I've thought about doing a half song, but the song I would want him to write is just so intensely personal and emotionally tied to me that it would take more than ninety seconds to sing about.
08:37 PM on 12/24/12
Loserkid41
User Info.
Has there been a site yet where people share their songs so everyone can listen/download.
01:04 AM on 12/25/12
HoldThatSound
racaaabeef
User Info.
Has there been a site yet where people share their songs so everyone can listen/download.

I know people have uploaded them to mediafire so you could probably google it. YouTube probably has some. Also I think a lot of people keep them to themselves cause they had to pay so much for them, they don't want to just give it away to the world
06:00 AM on 12/25/12
Russ Hockenbury
with special guest
User Info.
I have seen several up on YouTube, but according to the Terms and Conditions you're not even supposed to do that. It truly is intended to be just for you.

From the Song Shop Terms and Conditions:

You agree that you will use the Works only for your personal listening pleasure, and you will not copy, sell, distribute, publicly perform or exploit the Works in any manner whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, you will not make CDs or MP3s of the Works, you will not put the Works up on any website, and you will not allow the Works to be used in any manner that would allow any peer-to-peer access.

http://www.merchdirect.com/songshop/terms.php
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News