Loserkid41
User Info.
That's kinda lame. Oh well.
07:03 AM on 12/25/12
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That's kinda lame. Oh well.

Why? The songs are special to one person. They are generally stripped down acoustic tracks with low production.

I got my gf one a few years ago, and we both enjoy it for what it is, but I can't see anyone else really wanting to listen to it.

It's something to have as your own.
08:08 AM on 12/25/12
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
Max doesn't care if you share them.

Anyway, I might buy another one this time around, but at $207 they are starting to get a little pricey.
10:11 AM on 12/25/12
Loserkid41
User Info.
Why? The songs are special to one person. They are generally stripped down acoustic tracks with low production.

I got my gf one a few years ago, and we both enjoy it for what it is, but I can't see anyone else really wanting to listen to it.

It's something to have as your own.

Usually a song is written by the Artist that is special to themselves or someone they know. Fans love those songs. The songshop song would still be enjoyable music from an artist they like. I can totally understand keeping to ones self but just figured some people would want to share the love.
01:59 PM on 12/25/12
nevelsaynevels
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ever heard "Bradley" by Coal Chamber? That's got you covered, man.

These letters at Christmas.
02:34 PM on 12/25/12
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
I get this and it's cool for people who enjoy him enough, but for me if I want a song about a personal experience I'm going to write it myself.
05:05 PM on 12/25/12
Mistle
User Info.
Max said he has written over 2000. Considering there's a $150 option and a $75 options, lets times $100 by 2000.... yeah..

Holy shit he has struck gold. Good on him though. I got my song back at the second batch he did, and I really like it. I'll probably get another one day if a subject ever deems itself worthy. Until then though I'm happy with mine.
09:59 PM on 12/25/12
Fool
User Info.
I understand why people love this but it's not for me. That fact that he wants so badly for people not to share the songs they paid for, coupled with the fact that he does so many, I just can't believe that they all are top notch quality. I'm pumped for people who are happy with what they get I just wouldn't risk paying so much money for something I might not enjoy.

But I always go back and forth on whether or not I like this idea. I always kinda feel that he is exploiting his fans but they are willing to pay over $200 dollars this time.
10:35 PM on 12/25/12
torres
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I kind of worry that he's used so much energy writing song shop songs, how can he still find inspiration to write an entire Say Anything album as well?
10:36 PM on 12/25/12
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
Still cannot believe people pay that much money for this. It just absolutely blows my mind. I don't think I ever would, as much as I love Say Anything.
12:29 AM on 12/26/12
calciumwaste
x
User Info.
Yep, what do you think the ratio of Say Anything to Song Shop revenue is? Think Song Shop could overcome Say Anything?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/leorgali...ongs-for-fans/

He says that he makes more money off of the song shop, but that the song shop wouldn't have customers without the band.
05:29 AM on 12/26/12
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/leorgali...ongs-for-fans/

He says that he makes more money off of the song shop, but that the song shop wouldn't have customers without the band.
Great article, thanks!
12:14 PM on 12/26/12
jjm1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Would never buy a song but good for him to make a ton of money with it. If he made 100 songs in one day, i'd assume many are extremely similar, and if he starts making making a really good song, then hes gonna use it for Say Anything anyway so its not like the SA fans are missing out by not hearing these.
02:52 PM on 12/26/12
jasonisasleep
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ever heard "Bradley" by Coal Chamber? That's got you covered, man.
oh man, old school. one of my favorite albums from my earlier teenage years.
02:55 PM on 12/26/12
jasonisasleep
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i bought a song for my wife last year for her b-day which sherri agreed to be a part of. they both had equal vocal presence in the song (half/half). reason i did it was because Eisley is my wife's fav band. it was supposed to be on the DL, but apparently now it's not a big deal haha. my wife cried when she heard the song, and regardless of how many songs he turns out for this, the one i got was quality (well written and had great melodies)...and it was well worth the money paid for it, won me husband of the year.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests