Username
Password
Streaming News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 57.
01:32 PM on 12/26/12
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
i don't see the point to even bother having tyler carter in the song. i guess there's probably more tyler carter fans than the band has. song could have been a lot better, but still a fairly consistent solid band. not sure how they haven't put out more music than they have though.

True that. They probably payed to have him on the track, and it's probably pay by the verse or something like that. He's the only reason I checked this out tho. Still not a fan.
01:32 PM on 12/26/12
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
The whole thing with Tate was just ridiculously unprofessional for both sides, in my opinion.

Also, pretty sure this is a new version of an old song, but I might be wrong.

Not the biggest fan of the song/band, but whatever.
04:20 AM on 12/27/12
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
I think it's hilarious that 4+ years after that Tate drama bullshit, they STILL aren't even relevant.

Because Tate (all due respect) decides what's "hot" and "not" in this damn "scene" right? You sound like a writer for some Hollywood gossip column.
11:25 AM on 12/27/12
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
Because Tate (all due respect) decides what's "hot" and "not" in this damn "scene" right? You sound like a writer for some Hollywood gossip column.

Maybe I should get a job doing that, I do love forming bitchy opinions of others.

I'm not saying that the Tate incident was going to catapult them into fame or anything. I just think its funny that they've been genre-hopping and really doing ANYTHING to become popular but they're still not. ate best they got was for their fans to vote them onto All Stars past summer. There's just a point, that they've passed, where the music only becomes about becoming rich and famous, like there's no actual desire to create "good" music. But hey, that's what I think and it doesn't even matter because I don't see these guys breaking into the "scene" suddenly after like 8 years of trying so.
11:46 AM on 12/27/12
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
I'm not saying that the Tate incident was going to catapult them into fame or anything. I just think its funny that they've been genre-hopping and really doing ANYTHING to become popular but they're still not. ate best they got was for their fans to vote them onto All Stars past summer. There's just a point, that they've passed, where the music only becomes about becoming rich and famous, like there's no actual desire to create "good" music. But hey, that's what I think and it doesn't even matter because I don't see these guys breaking into the "scene" suddenly after like 8 years of trying so.
it's unfair and unrealistic to require a band to keep the same sound over the course of a decade. as most band are formed in the bloom of youth, the members (same as you and me) have to figure themselves out as they grow. tastes change.

i didn't like Bob Dylan or Simon & Garfunkel when i was a teenager. now i do. i used to write emo-acoustic stuff, but my taste changed, and now i write folk / americana stuff. it just so happened that the "scene" started to say that folk was cool around the time i started liking it. does that make me fake? no. it makes me coincidental.

maybe they were trying to be popular, maybe they were just growing. after all, there's only one original member left anyway, and i know from experience that having differing members can change a sound drastically.

bottom line: you don't know their motives for changing their sound, so stop acting like you do.
11:56 AM on 12/27/12
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think it's hilarious that 4+ years after that Tate drama bullshit, they STILL aren't even relevant. They've been at it for what seems like the past 6 years yet aren't even doing anything. Sucks.
You really think they "aren't doing anything"? They're touring and putting out records just like any other band. Nothing wrong with consistent moderate success, not everybody has to rocket up the charts.
01:22 PM on 12/27/12
positiv-o
User Info.
You guys are just taking this too seriously, I'm not even trying to argue with fans. i don't like the band, and I don't like the way they run their band. But I dont care if other people do. I have my own opinion of them (that I posted days ago) and Im not saying that it's a fact or anything like that.
10:33 PM on 12/27/12
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
You guys are just taking this too seriously, I'm not even trying to argue with fans. i don't like the band, and I don't like the way they run their band. But I dont care if other people do. I have my own opinion of them (that I posted days ago) and Im not saying that it's a fact or anything like that.
"taking it seriously" is the whole point in most music. you can listen to Flight of the Conchords for some quality comedy, but that's about it. most other comedy singers lack subtlety, a necessary ingredient for lasting value.

but i digress. the point is that your opinion is invalid, because you use a faulty measuring rod. expecting bands to keep the same sound throughout their careers is a seriously flawed view, and thus, everything you say is invalid as regards music.

hence, your opinion is neither welcome nor acknowledged, because you have no credibility.

good day to you sir!
11:12 PM on 12/27/12
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Here's an point you can't argue against: This band has never been good, they've gotten nowhere notable in almost a decade of trying and trend hopping, and the fake accounts and delusional fans that come out of the woodwork to defend this shitty band in both news posts and the forums will never not be funny.
11:19 PM on 12/27/12
positiv-o
User Info.
"taking it seriously" is the whole point in most music. you can listen to Flight of the Conchords for some quality comedy, but that's about it. most other comedy singers lack subtlety, a necessary ingredient for lasting value.

but i digress. the point is that your opinion is invalid, because you use a faulty measuring rod. expecting bands to keep the same sound throughout their careers is a seriously flawed view, and thus, everything you say is invalid as regards music.

hence, your opinion is neither welcome nor acknowledged, because you have no credibility.

good day to you sir!

Really? I think this whole thing is hilarious. Your only response to my opinion is to say its wrong because of these ideas that you have set up? How does one statement about ONE band just cancelout ANY opinion I about music? Who ever said I'm judging every single band on this same thing. The fact is these guys used to attend shows, not even play them, just to sell CDs to people in line. That's not something I like. Another fact is they use to do this at All Time Low shows because they were pop rock. The fact is that they are now not pop rock. No, I cant tell you why they did that. Natural musical growth is one thing, I think these guys changed genres for other reasons. BUT HEY it's my opinion. And there's nothing that makes it more valid than yours. So I don't see why your attempt to "win" this "argument" is to just devalue my own opinion and say I don't have any credibility. Which is, surprise, just your opinion. We're both as credible as the other, if we had any sort of relevance I doubt we would be even having this discussion on a music forum, so I don't really quite see your point of saying that.

Two more facts? I'm not a sir, and I could easily resort to name calling here. I'm done with this conversation because I don't think either of us are gaining anything out of this. So keep your opinion to yourself and I'll keep mine. Everyone wins.
11:20 PM on 12/27/12
positiv-o
User Info.
Here's an point you can't argue against: This band has never been good, they've gotten nowhere notable in almost a decade of trying and trend hopping, and the fake accounts and delusional fans that come out of the woodwork to defend this shitty band in both news posts and the forums will never not be funny.

Thank you, I thought I was going crazy.
11:39 PM on 12/27/12
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Thank you, I thought I was going crazy.
This is how every INK posts goes, people come in and rightfully put down this band for valid reasons, and the band, through a series of fake accounts that are completely obvious and can be spotted a mile away, come in and pathetically defend their vapid music through insults and put downs. I'd say there are fans too but since they also come out only in INK posts and post in similar patterns as the fake accounts, it's beyond any doubt that those profile are ran by the band as well. It's truly sad and probably never stop until the band finally gives up.
12:25 AM on 12/28/12
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
Really? I think this whole thing is hilarious. Your only response to my opinion is to say its wrong because of these ideas that you have set up? How does one statement about ONE band just cancelout ANY opinion I about music? Who ever said I'm judging every single band on this same thing. The fact is these guys used to attend shows, not even play them, just to sell CDs to people in line. That's not something I like. Another fact is they use to do this at All Time Low shows because they were pop rock. The fact is that they are now not pop rock. No, I cant tell you why they did that. Natural musical growth is one thing, I think these guys changed genres for other reasons. BUT HEY it's my opinion. And there's nothing that makes it more valid than yours. So I don't see why your attempt to "win" this "argument" is to just devalue my own opinion and say I don't have any credibility. Which is, surprise, just your opinion. We're both as credible as the other, if we had any sort of relevance I doubt we would be even having this discussion on a music forum, so I don't really quite see your point of saying that.

Two more facts? I'm not a sir, and I could easily resort to name calling here. I'm done with this conversation because I don't think either of us are gaining anything out of this. So keep your opinion to yourself and I'll keep mine. Everyone wins.
Perhaps it was harsh to say that your opinions are invalid, as this is possibly the only band that you trash talk in this manner. But you're making accusations, not opinions. You have no evidence but keep asserting the reasons they changed were not admirable. That's not an opinion. "I don't like their music" is an opinion. Thats not "ideas being set up". Thats your own thoughts setting them up. If what you said about them selling merch at others' shows is true, that's pretty shitty. I'm honestly surprised that so many of you hate them tho. Usually hatred is reserved for the bands at the top of the ladder, not in the lower-mid rungs. Like I said before, I don't generally have bad taste in music, and I've seen some truly horrible hardcore bands promoted here, so no offense, but probably we'll always have a lot to disagree about. Just because Tate doesn't like it doesn't me I have to.
12:27 AM on 12/28/12
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
You have a strange definition of notable.
12:29 AM on 12/28/12
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
This is how every INK posts goes, people come in and rightfully put down this band for valid reasons, and the band, through a series of fake accounts that are completely obvious and can be spotted a mile away, come in and pathetically defend their vapid music through insults and put downs. I'd say there are fans too but since they also come out only in INK posts and post in similar patterns as the fake accounts, it's beyond any doubt that those profile are ran by the band as well. It's truly sad and probably never stop until the band finally gives up.
Those who enjoy their own emotionally bad health and who habitually fill their own minds with the rank poisons of suspicion, jealousy and hatred, as a rule take umbrage at those who refuse to do likewise, and they find a perverted relief in trying to denigrate them.
-Johannes Brahms

Also, I assure you that I'm not an undercover ink agent
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News