Password

11:03 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
Raynham, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
I was interviewed for this documentary at a horror convention and was then brought on to handle press. Check it out.

HORROR CONVENTION DOCUMENTARY "FANTASM" NOW IN PRODUCTION

Fantasm, a new documentary about horror conventions and the tight-knit community of fans who attend them, is currently in production under the direction of Kyle Kuchta.

Kyle Kuchta has a self-proclaimed obsession with horror films. Upon discovering the phenomenon of horror conventions, the young genre fanatic finally felt like a part of a community. He connected with like-minded individuals with whom he shares his love for the genre. Now he's traveling to conventions all across America to find out why horror brings people together.

In addition to legions of devoted fans, the documentary will feature insight from iconic actors and filmmakers. Interview subjects who have already participated in Fantasm include Heather Langenkamp (A Nightmare on Elm Street, New Nightmare), Tom Atkins (Halloween III, Escape from New York), Joe Lynch (Chillerama, Wrong Turn 2), Amanda Wyss (A Nightmare on Elm Street) and more.

Fantasm began as aspiring filmmaker Kyle Kuchta's thesis in pursuit of his film degree from Syracuse University's College of Visual and Performing Arts. "I wanted to do a documentary on horror conventions," he explains, "because I didn't feel as if a lot of people knew about them or the loving community that they are a part of."

The documentary was partially funded via Kickstarter. Further proving the enthusiastic support of the horror community, the project reached its goal in just eleven days. The 21-year-old Kuchta is currently working as a one-man film crew, serving as director, camera operator, interviewer and editor, among other duties.

Production will continue in March at the upcoming Monster-Mania in Cherry Hill, NJ and HorrorHound Weekend in Cincinnati, OH. Filming has previously taken place at such fan-favorite conventions as Monster-Mania (Hunt Valley, MD), Rock and Shock (Worcester, MA), Spooky Empire (Orlando, FL) and HorrorHound Weekend (Indianapolis, IL). The documentary is expected to be completed in May 2013.

Keep up to date with Fantasm on Facebook and Twitter.
11:06 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Sounds cool. Love horror films, so I'm curious to see this. Not a big convention person, though.
11:15 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
Agawam, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
I've always wanted to go to Rock and Shock, maybe this will convince me.
11:18 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
Raynham, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
Sounds cool. Love horror films, so I'm curious to see this. Not a big convention person, though.
Anything in particular you dislike about conventions? I love them.
11:19 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
Raynham, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
I've always wanted to go to Rock and Shock, maybe this will convince me.
Do it! I'm there every year. This year is their 10th anniversary.
11:47 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Anything in particular you dislike about conventions? I love them.
Biggest thing: People to go with

No one I know likes them, so it sucks going to them with people bitching.

Also, I'm not big on...meeting celebrities. If I like their work, I have no interest in meeting them. I like the idea of them, but can't go to them often at all. Prefer comic conventions or toy shows just because of the variety.

Also, a lot of horror fans are....not my kind of people.
11:52 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
Raynham, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
Biggest thing: People to go with

No one I know likes them, so it sucks going to them with people bitching.

Also, I'm not big on...meeting celebrities. If I like their work, I have no interest in meeting them. I like the idea of them, but can't go to them often at all. Prefer comic conventions or toy shows just because of the variety.

Also, a lot of horror fans are....not my kind of people.
I've gone alone to a couple because most of my friends aren't big into horror, but you usually end up making friends because everyone is so accepting and friendly - which is basically the subject of the doc.

Yeah, celebrity meetings are overrated. Some people are really cool and others not so much, but I find the Q&As more interesting, along with the vendor room.
11:57 AM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
I've gone alone to a couple because most of my friends aren't big into horror, but you usually end up making friends because everyone is so accepting and friendly - which is basically the subject of the doc.

Yeah, celebrity meetings are overrated. Some people are really cool and others not so much, but I find the Q&As more interesting, along with the vendor room.
That's true. I have been getting my fiance into horror, so I'll probably start dragging her to them haha.

I never thought of Q&A's...this is true. What's the Vendor Room? This does not ring a bell...
12:02 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
Raynham, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
That's true. I have been getting my fiance into horror, so I'll probably start dragging her to them haha.

I never thought of Q&A's...this is true. What's the Vendor Room? This does not ring a bell...
Vendor room is a room full of vendors - people selling everything and anything horror related: movies, shirts, toys, prints, music, crafts, etc. The stuff ranges from new to vintage to homemade. Some studios usually have booths with free swag and there's always a bunch of indie filmmakers pushing their stuff.
12:04 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Vendor room is a room full of vendors - people selling everything and anything horror related: movies, shirts, toys, prints, music, crafts, etc. The stuff ranges from new to vintage to homemade. Some studios will have booths with free swag and there's usually a bunch of indie filmmakers pushing their stuff.
Now that is pretty ace. Need to check it out next time. Love browsing booths.
06:43 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
Raynham, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
Teaser trailer is here:

08:05 AM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
Trailer looks great, looking forward to seeing this.
10:42 AM on 07/16/13 
User Info.
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
Raynham, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
Trailer and poster:

11:36 AM on 07/16/13 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast