Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old

12:30 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
San Francisco is the best city that I've been to in America or Canada. Haven't been to that many though, only West Coast places.
12:34 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
In a perfect world, I would never leave Minneapolis.
12:36 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
wall e
@mattobrien37
Agawam, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
I need to get out there and visit more major cities. Hartford has nothing to offer, I've seen all there is in Boston, and New York City is too busy for me. Where should I go next?

Philly is on my list.
12:36 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
I need to get out there and visit more major cities. Hartford has nothing to offer, I've seen all there is in Boston, and New York City is too busy for me. Where should I go next?

Philly is on my list.
There's a few great cities in the midwest.
12:41 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
oldwirehands
billionsandbillions / Chris
chicago
Male - 28 Years Old
Verified
Chicago is home forever. Always has, always will be. I'd like to try living in New York for awhile, or London.
12:54 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
None of those! Seattle or Portland.

yes. though Austin does seem pretty cool, and not only for the music scene. but i would hate being in the middle of Texas, i'd like never leave Austin. at least in the PNW you can go up and down the coast and into the mountains and all of it is really cool.

on the east coast, Boston is my favorite, but it's too cold for me. NYC, obviously awesome but way too expensive. Philly is cool to visit but i would only be able to live either in the ghetto or outside the city.

i'm biased here, but Baltimore is probably the best place for me on the east coast -- temperate climate, thriving underground music scene, plenty of chill bars that aren't just for shitty music and shitty dancing, rent is WAY cheaper than NYC, Philly, or DC, very close knit communities compared to other major cities, countless excellent seafood and italian restaurants, can easily take day trips to Philly or DC (and have done two to NYC since ive been here as well) so it's in an excellent location, never have trouble finding parking + excellent bus/light rail transit, and hilly Maryland countryside is literally only 20 minutes away if i want to go for a scenic drive or something. this place is a lot more cultured than i ever thought it was before moving here and it feels much more like a collection of neighborhoods than a busy city.
12:58 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified

In a perfect world, I would never leave Minneapolis.

what would you guys say is cool about Minneapolis?

i have an uncle that lives there that i'm visiting this year and i want to know what to experience around town
12:58 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
kyle is hk
The Goddamn Loveliest Melody
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
NYC really isn't so great
01:04 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
Theseventhson
NY
Male - 21 Years Old
Anywhere in the northeast or west coast.
01:04 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
EndlessPrisoner
No Avatar Selected
College Park, MD
Male
Seattle's the coolest city I've been to. Boston is #2.
That being said, I haven't been to too many places.
01:06 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
what would you guys say is cool about Minneapolis?

i have an uncle that lives there that i'm visiting this year and i want to know what to experience around town
I mean, I'm biased, and can give you more specific examples if need be, but here's just a quick little blurb:

- It's one of the quickest growing media hubs in the country. Local music, film and TV productions, stage plays, the amount of all of these are growing at an astronomical rate. There's a large amount of venues of all sizes that are very respectable, the tax credits given make it sensible to shoot films and shows here, and we're second only to Broadway as far as revenue from stage productions. Also, our comedy club is a top 5 club in the country.

- The bar scene is great, because it's very compartmentalized. If you're a college student, you go to Dinkytown, which is where the college bars are. Downtown MPLS is the club scene. Uptown MPLS is, for lack of a better word, where the 'hip' bars are (no idea how else to phrase it, they're basically the coolest bars in the city). There's also a few stretches of town where dive bars are most prevalent. If you don't want to feel out of your element, you don't have to. It's easy to find a place that's 'your place' if that makes any sense.

- The public transit system is one of the top 5 in the country. A continually expanding lightrail system, an immensely comprehensive bus system that covers just about every suburb in any direction, and bike rental services make it so easy to get around if you don't own a car. I think Minneapolis averages the most cyclists per day in the country. Not sure what that's based off of though.

- It's a large, large city that doesn't feel overwhelming. It doesn't have a 'small town feel,' but it doesn't scare the shit out of you upon arrival like your Chicagos and NYCs.

- Our local breweries will blow your mind.

- I don't really know how to go in depth with this (seeing as I'm not a super picky or predictable eater), but there's so many amazing places to eat. This isn't really a selling point, though, because all cities kind of have this.

- For the most part, people here are really, really nice. That goes a long way.
01:10 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
11:11
Soft sound
Temple, PA
Female - 22 Years Old
Philly is pretty awesome.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music