Username
Password
Taking Back Sunday News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 90.
02:32 PM on 01/07/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Do we know if they will be working with Mike Sapone on the album itself or was he just to help them record the demos?

Either way, excited. Self-titled was great IMO so looking forward to this.

PS Eric Valentine gets a lot of hate as a producer. Can't speak for other people but Start Something, Louder Now and TBS are all good albums in my view; looking at his discography I can't see anything that anyone on here would despise him for. What gives?
02:33 PM on 01/07/13
mka12992
Is this darkness in you too?
User Info.
I want to recommend Ted Hutt as producer. Less gloss please.

Anyone besides Valentine. I'd really like to hear how they sound with Sapone.
02:34 PM on 01/07/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Anyone besides Valentine. I'd really like to hear how they sound with Sapone.
I think if he recorded it like Daisy, Sapone would be great ... raw and rough just fits this band really well.
02:35 PM on 01/07/13
ChaseTx
haha, this gif pretty much describes the reactions in this thread.
02:36 PM on 01/07/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Do we know if they will be working with Mike Sapone on the album itself or was he just to help them record the demos?

Either way, excited. Self-titled was great IMO so looking forward to this.

PS Eric Valentine gets a lot of hate as a producer. Can't speak for other people but Start Something, Louder Now and TBS are all good albums in my view; looking at his discography I can't see anything that anyone on here would despise him for. What gives?
He's a very good producer for a certain type of band and sound (makes Good Charlotte albums sound great) ... I don't think he does the music TBS makes as much justice. It loses the intensity, the mistakes - and sounds like other pitch perfect radio rock bands. Just my personal thoughts, but I think the band sounds better when it's not a 30 Seconds to Mars big arena rock sound ...
02:43 PM on 01/07/13
xJesusFreakx
duh please
User Info.
My two least favorite TBS albums were produced by Valentine (self-titled being the lower of the two), so hopefully they don't work with him this time around. Sapone would be a nice fit.

Just, please be good.
02:48 PM on 01/07/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
I want to recommend Ted Hutt as producer. Less gloss please.
YES that would be awesome.
02:48 PM on 01/07/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
In the minority of those who loved the self-titled, Sad Savior, This Is All Now and You Got Me are easily 3 of my favorite TBS songs ever. After New Again, I was done with this band, but firmly back on board now. Expect this to be even better than the last. Stoked.
02:53 PM on 01/07/13
providence36
generator ^ first floor
User Info.
John Nolan, more of him

02:55 PM on 01/07/13
mka12992
Is this darkness in you too?
User Info.
I think if he recorded it like Daisy, Sapone would be great ... raw and rough just fits this band really well.

I think Sapone always finds the right sound for each individual band/album. He's an awesome producer.
02:59 PM on 01/07/13
transitrock
young brash hopeful
User Info.
i cannot understand how people didn't like their self-titled album. it's catchy as fuck.
03:01 PM on 01/07/13
PetitnaindesĪles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
just hoping it'll be much better than the self titled (which i disliked) and New Again (which i enjoyed a lot)
03:05 PM on 01/07/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He's a very good producer for a certain type of band and sound (makes Good Charlotte albums sound great) ... I don't think he does the music TBS makes as much justice. It loses the intensity, the mistakes - and sounds like other pitch perfect radio rock bands. Just my personal thoughts, but I think the band sounds better when it's not a 30 Seconds to Mars big arena rock sound ...
A bit too much polish and forcing his style on bands? Yeah, I can understand that, you want a slightly more "raw" sound with TBS. I guess his strengths lie in his particular brand of song structuring.

Now all I can think is that I want to hear a more raw, balls-to-the-wall version of El Paso.
03:06 PM on 01/07/13
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
New Again Pt. II, please.
03:13 PM on 01/07/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
As much as I love TBS, I thought the self titled was lackluster at best. Hoping the next one will be better. I think we'd all agree they have the potential to make at least one more fantastic album

Sums up my thoughts. It's funny people hate on New Again but I firmly think its a much better album than their S/T
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums