Username
Password

06:43 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
dohare
No Avatar Selected
Swedesboro, NJ
Male - 23 Years Old
So I just started an internship in Philly at 20th and Market. I live in NJ, so I take the Patco in everyday. Wanted to see if anyone had good craft beer/interesting food places they really love.

I've fallen in love with Monks Cafe, so something along those lines would be sweet!
07:03 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
esposimi
H.E. Pennypacker
Harrisburg, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
Steaks on South is a must!
07:43 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
movingxpictures
Is it a dream keeping you awake?
Dela-where?
Female
There's a great Greek place on South Street that I always go to whenever I'm up. The name is escaping me right now, but the food is seriously fantastic, especially if Mediterranean food is your scene.
07:59 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
Star Slight
Philadelphia has some of the best food in the country. The paper/philly magazine/online always has good places to go. Check out El Vez for Mexican or Hot Diggity on South for Hot Dogs
08:01 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
neo506
Ten Stories
Greensboro, NC
Male - 28 Years Old
Monks is what heaven must be like.

Check out Paesanos. Also La Locanda Del Ghiottone
08:10 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
Raritan NJ
Male - 25 Years Old
Philadelphia has some of the best food in the country. The paper/philly magazine/online always has good places to go. Check out El Vez for Mexican or Hot Diggity on South for Hot Dogs

This. Got this place recommended to me a few months ago from a friend that now lives in Philly. Place is excellent.
09:35 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
Philadelphia
Female

Came in to say this. Fell in love with that place. I recommend it to everyone.
09:56 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
Seattle
Male - 23 Years Old
So I just started an internship in Philly at 20th and Market. I live in NJ, so I take the Patco in everyday. Wanted to see if anyone had good craft beer/interesting food places they really love.

I've fallen in love with Monks Cafe, so something along those lines would be sweet!

Yards Brewery is one of my favorite place... Get a T-shirt, play some shuffle board or whatever that shit they have there is... Great beer too.
10:25 PM on 01/07/13 
User Info.
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
Austin, TX
Male - 28 Years Old
I've only been there once for 1 night. Went to a badass sports bar called chickies and Pete's. fun city I wanna go back to try the little places off the beaten path
06:26 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
mms13
Baltimore, MD
Male - 25 Years Old
No one has said Ela yet!?

All their cocktails are named after Brand New songs. Come on absolutepunk!
07:35 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
maxvsmaradona
thesecondside.bandcamp.co m
New Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
I've only been there once for 1 night. Went to a badass sports bar called chickies and Pete's. fun city I wanna go back to try the little places off the beaten path

Chickie's and Pete's is a good sports bar. Their crab fries are a staple of Philadelphia. Also, OP, best thing to do is go to the italian market and pick up some fresh prosciutto. bam.
09:18 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
I've always wanted to go to Philly to go to Mac's Tavern because i'm an avid It's Always Sunny fan, and i also want to get an amazing Philly Cheesesteak there. I fuckin' love philly cheesteaks.
09:33 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
drat!
How much cheese is too much cheese?
PA
Male - 27 Years Old
You can just stroll down state street and probably find a bunch of great restaurants. You should check out some Weyerbacher beers. The brewery is in Easton, PA so it's not too far. I've enjoyed all the beers I've tried.
09:46 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 21 Years Old

I don't think it's exactly what you're looking for but have you gone to Reading Terminal Market yet? They pretty much have absolutely everything when it comes to different types of food.
10:04 AM on 01/08/13 
User Info.
In-Silence
No Avatar Selected
Male - 24 Years Old
Definitely recommend Bridget Foy's at the beginning of south st. Dock Street cafe is fantastic, they brew their own beer, and make the best brick oven vegan pizza I have ever eaten, and I am not vegan. There's an awesome German restaurant on South as well.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos