AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Info. News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Tony Visconti Speak About New Bowie Record

Posted by - 05:52 AM on 01/09/13
Tony Visconti, the producer of the forthcoming David Bowie album The Next Day, recently spoke to BBC news about the record and stated that it's a "rock album" with the first single "Where Are We Now?" being one of the "slowest" and "most reflective" songs on the album.
From The Interview"It's the only track on the album that goes this much inward for him. It's quite a rock album, the rest of the songs, so I thought to myself why is David coming out with this very slow, albeit beautiful, ballad why is he doing this? He should come out with a bang. But he is a master of his own life. I think this was a very smart move, linking the past with the future, and I think the next thing you hear from him is going to be quite different."

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
07:34 AM on 01/09/13
5fikev
User Info.
Here's to hoping Trent Reznor makes another guest appearance.
08:12 AM on 01/09/13
Alison1488
____
User Info.
I'm glad to hear this. I don't ever really like to judge music on first listen, but the single was surprising to me. The video was bizarre and a bit distracting, for me personally, but then again, it's Bowie. He's the epitome of bizarre and distracting. I really am ecstatic for new David Bowie music. I already have my dad locked down for a date should a tour happen.
09:00 AM on 01/09/13
glogglies
User Info.
Any new Bowie is good news. Bring it on!
11:32 AM on 01/09/13
TheModernAge
User Info.
This is the best possible news about the album. The only news that could top this would be that Bowie is planning a tour after the albums release.
12:57 PM on 01/09/13
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
So fucking stoked on this.
04:35 PM on 01/09/13
leftapart
User Info.
I enjoyed the new song but it's awesome to hear the rest of the album is more rock, classic Bowie oriented. Really anticipating this, and I love how just out of nowhere all of this happening. Thanks for posting this AP.net; wouldn't have known of it otherwise!
04:39 PM on 01/09/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
I'm always surprised by people saying they are glad that it's a rock album because that's "classic Bowie" when in fact, most of his stuff isn't at all.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos