Username
Password
Contest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Contest
Inside AP.net

Contest: The Swellers/Born & Bred Giveaway

Posted by: Drew Beringer (01/10/13)
In case you've been living under a rock these past few months, The Swellers released a fantastic new EP Running Out Of Places To Go in the fall. The band is also playing the Fusion Show's 5th Anniversary show on Saturday. So in celebration of that, we're collaborating with the band and Born & Bred Clothing to give away a killer prize pack - a handwritten lyric sheet to "Making Waves," the band's new EP Running Out of Places to Go, Born & Bred "B&Beanie," and a Born & Bred "Don't Tread on B&B T-Shirt." Pretty rad, right? So you probably want to know how you can win it. Just post your favorite song from Running Out Of Places To Go and why, and I'll pick a winner by the end of the day. Good luck!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 71.
12:31 PM on 01/10/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
12:35 PM on 01/10/13
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
User Info.
Favorite Song: Running Out Of Places To Go because it is a great song about getting older.
12:37 PM on 01/10/13
galkain
NothingOriginal.net
User Info.
Let Me In because I need a place to rest my head. That hat will do..
12:38 PM on 01/10/13
ConnorCorruptNJ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Making Waves
12:39 PM on 01/10/13
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
My favorite song on ROOPTG is the title track. The Swellers are my favorite band, and they mean the world to me. When I see them live, it's the most at home I ever feel. "Running Out of Places to Go" is the epitome of that feeling. Without them, I wouldn't have made the best friends of my entire life, decided on a major at school, or gotten to do a fraction of the cool things I've gotten to do in the past two years. I owe them everything. "Thank you for letting me into your home; I was running out of places to go."
12:40 PM on 01/10/13
Killerkid64
Jesus is awesome. Just sayin'.
User Info.
"Hands" because of that drum intro. I'm such a sucker for some of those.
12:41 PM on 01/10/13
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
I love the EP so much and it was very difficult to pick my favorite, but it would probably have to be Hands. The lyrics to that song are spectacular, and paired with the music, it's just an incredible song I can listen to over and over and never get sick of.
12:45 PM on 01/10/13
LeapYear
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hands. It had the catchiest chorus of any song released in 2012, and was the best track on the best ep of 2012
12:46 PM on 01/10/13
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
Gotta be the title track, Running Out of Places to Go. It's got the best lyrics on the whole EP and showcases some of the band's best songwriting to date. Those gang vocals at the end are a perfect way to end a record.
12:46 PM on 01/10/13
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
Hands because I can really relate to the lyrics. I've been in a situation where I wanted something to change a lot, but I knew it realistically wouldn't happen. Plus it's an awesome upbeat song, so it gives that feeling of "I'm sick of this and I'm going to do something about it."
12:47 PM on 01/10/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.

Let me in because I can highly relate to the fact that I have depended on other people before. Like the song goes it took me awhile to educate myself and wise up to the fact that I was wasting my time. Even though I was afraid to be alone I would benefit much more greatly by not giving out anymore second chances and letting those careless, self-absorbed people out of my life once and for all.
12:54 PM on 01/10/13
BroNamath
Life's a Garden, Dig it!
User Info.
hands because that chorus never gets out of my head, so awesome
01:00 PM on 01/10/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
none of them because i've never heard it:(
give me a chance?
01:00 PM on 01/10/13
choice-of-fate
Groezrock represent.
User Info.
As Running Out of Places to go was my favorite release of this year (next to The Menzingers' On The Impossible Past that is), it will be hard to pick a favorite one on this EP, but I think Let Me In has the greatest personal meaning and relevance for me. Right when the EP was released, my gf iof two years broke up with me in a very harsh and sour break-up. Being absolutely devastated this track was kind of my siren song of those days, it helped me relativate and getting back up again. It really gave me the right words to my feelings about this whole deal. While I still look back with sore eyes on this darker period, this track gave me this great realization that I'm better off this way. I feel like one of the Diener brothers must have had a similar experience, because the sincerity really came through in 'Let Me In' and it just showcased how great lyricists they are and how they were able to capture these emotions. I'm just thankful this music was there to help me to get myself back together. I've had the great honour to meet the boys on several occassions and I think this track really captures a great deal of what they're about. Can't wait for the next thing they've got coming for us.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests