Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 71
02:56 PM on 01/10/13
BurningLegend47
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
After getting into The Swellers from my friend right after a breakup, the band as a whole really kind of spoke to me. During this break up I was belittled saying I was never really going to amount to much. Just continuallyput down. So when I realized that she was stuck in a part time job and in college debt while I was living on my own, my own car, phone and everything, it struck a chord when Running Out of Places to Go came out with the song 'Making Waves'.
'You talk shit a lot 'cause I'm making waves and you're not.'
It made me happy because I was proving her wrong with every word she said.
02:57 PM on 01/10/13
misguidedmugen
one of the few
User Info.
I would have to say my favorite track from the EP is Running Out Of Places To Go. Not only are The Swellers my favorite band, but they are such a huge influence on my life. The song in my eyes shows anger at first, and then it's so sad, yet in a very small piece of it, there is hope and happiness. Touring is tough, and Nick shows that in his voice and the lyrics that sometimes they are just tired of it all and aren't sure it's worth it. They're only human after all, and to hear in a song that they themselves aren't sure it's worth it to continue, as a die hard Swellers fan, is hard. If the band called it quits today I'd be sad as hell, but if it meant the guys being happy I'd be all for it. As the song continues Nick sheds light on how he can't even remember the difference between his bed and all the places he's slept while on the road, he then thanks everyone for their hospitality. Like...WHAT? you're thanking us?! When I heard that...I could more than relate, as I had The Swellers stay at my house after the Fall AP Tour date in Philly. So when I heard the line "thank you for letting me into your home", I shuddered and realized just how humble they are. Like...thanking us fans in your song? that is just so rad and such a humble thing. They had other plans fall through and I offered for them to crash at my house, so they did just that. I had met them a handful of times before that, so we weren't strangers, but I couldn't help feel like it was he most awesome thing in the world. Just to be able to help them out in some small way, was more than an amazing thing for me. The next day I offered money to their tour manager for tolls/gas but he denied it! Dudes I'm trying to help! haha. Anyways, hearing the sadness in this song, but then hope at the end, all concluding with the entire band shouting along to end is just perfection. I think about that night I got to see the band perform the songs that have helped me, and then me giving them a place to stay, every single time I hear that song.
02:59 PM on 01/10/13
Xing Lynx
User Info.
Hands, hands down! It's such a powerful song with just all these PERFECT build ups. It's not only my favorite song off the EP, it's my favorite Swellers song, and not ONLY that, It's one of my favorite songs of all time. And among pop-punk music, "Hands" ranks up there with the oh-so-famous "Cute without the E". Except Sweller know how to raise the bar!
02:59 PM on 01/10/13
Izzy77
User Info.
Hello my name is Israel Castillo, I just want to say that I can always count on The Swellers to release something epic. Running Out Of Places To Go has to be my favorite Ep released from this past year. My favorite song from that release has to be "Let Me In" It makes me feel that some people don't deserve second chances even if it's you. When shit in your life happens just keep moving, stay self-reliant and don't depend on others.
03:04 PM on 01/10/13
jburley
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Running Out Of Places To Go - favorite song. After I found out that one of my best friends since the age of 4 has cancer when he's only 18, then hearing that one of my close friends from high school was killed by a drunk driver at the age of 18, I didn't know where to go or what to do. I couldn't really talk to many people because in both situations, I can't do anything about it. I can't take away my friend's cancer and I certainly can't bring my other friend back from the dead. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this song and the rest of the Swellers songs helped me take my mind off things. As I was nodding my head along to the tempo of Running Out, something about it made me realize that thing's are gonna be okay. That sounds super cheesy, but it's the truth. Listening to that song kind of released all the feelings I had inside. This song helped me accept the fact that my friend has cancer, and another will not come back. At very least, I can still help the cancer patient, and this song helps me talk to my deceased friend. I'm not saying all this just because of the contest, but it's my one chance to let The Swellers know that they helped me through a very tough time.

Thank you for giving me a place to go.
03:06 PM on 01/10/13
backtooregon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm torn between Making Waves and Running out of Places to Go, as they both relate to me a lot. Last year I had to move to get out of a bad relationship, and my only option was moving out of my home state. As much as I didn't want to leave the area, it was for the better. It was me "making waves" and showing that I can do much better when I am not around negative people and surround myself with those who are good for me. The first show I saw after moving was a Swellers show. Every time I see them, everything seems okay for the time being, like I am home. "I was running out of places to go," but they helped me transition to my new "home" and I couldn't be more grateful for their music and what it has done for me.
03:07 PM on 01/10/13
angelcake822
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My favorite song off the album has to be BAD FOR ME! I absolutely love it, it just makes me want to dance and feel free.Very lifting.
03:16 PM on 01/10/13
tuckere09
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
aside from all of them... bad for me
because i can relate to the lyrics while still giving them my own meaning.
03:38 PM on 01/10/13
Cheesesteak
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Making Waves, such a rad tune
03:39 PM on 01/10/13
Steve P.
User Info.
Running Out Of Places To Go is my favorite song off the EP. Great lyrics and the ending is just awesome. The gang vocals on that final bridge just sound so good.
03:51 PM on 01/10/13
MasaraSP
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My favorite song has to definitely be "Making Waves", as a new year began I had to cut some people off from my life and this song just came in time. I had bad habits and hung around bad people last quarter of college and this song has gotten me through so much. I just love the Swellers in general!
03:52 PM on 01/10/13
MakingWavesNJ
User Info.
The Swellers are one of my favorite bands. I've been a fan since My Everest, have seen them numerous times, and this is one of my favorite releases from them. They're some of the nicest and most genuine people I have ever met. The strong song writing and live performances really shows their passion for music and what they do.

Running out of Places to Go is my favorite song off of the EP. The lyrics really highlight how touring has impacted their lives and how it's sometimes hard for them. When I saw them in NYC in December, Nick explained the significance of this song and told all of us that it was shows like this that are what keep them touring. This means a lot to me as a fan because it shows the commitment and dedication of the band to their fanbase. I can't say enough positive things about these guys. I wish them all the best and their continued success.
03:52 PM on 01/10/13
MasaraSP
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
oh my god! a hand written Making Waves lyrics. Too perfect :3 Would go on my wall.
03:59 PM on 01/10/13
penguingonemad
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It getting increasingly harder to choose a favourite song out of The Swellers releases (they just seem to get better with every new album or EP). If I had to choose however, I'd have to go with the title track, 'Running Out Of Places To Go'. You can plug your earphones in and be instantly transported to another place, and another time. You begin to feel nostalgic for places you've never seen, and people that you've never met. And I'll never be able to understand just how that's even possible. All I know is that I will never take the mysterious force that is the Swellers music for granted. Whichever of the five tracks the people on this board, just know how much each of the songs mean to every single person who has responded to this. Thank you for every line of lyrics that you have written thus far, and for every note that you have yet to write. It's always nice to be reminded that there are still bands out there who write with their hearts and souls.
04:04 PM on 01/10/13
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
The best (I should say my favorite) song on this EP is definitely Bad For Me. I really dig the reference to the band's previous work, to begin with. The song's intro is like breathing in before screaming. The rest of the song punches hard but still employs a catchy melody.

One of the lines in the chorus really artfully portrays the way it's easy to want something, but a lot harder to actually do the work that something entails.

The song's structure is pretty diverse but not in a way that's hard to understand or takes ten listens to make sense of.

"True colors always show, it's in my heart and it's all I know"

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version