Username
Password

Comments: Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 105 of 107
01:21 PM on 01/08/13
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
This is going to be a rad tour and I'm really excited to get back out on the road. Hoping you all make it out to a show. Crowds permitting, we'll grab a drink!
i would if there was a ct date
01:29 PM on 01/08/13
.dot
behance.net/jordanhaenlein
User Info.
haha. I will give you props for your stage presence though. Caught a bit of your set at Warped this past summer and was impressed. But your last few albums just weren't my cup of tea.
01:37 PM on 01/08/13
AlexAllTimeLow
User Info.
i would if there was a ct date
Yeah, the routing of the tour got a bit missed up due to scheduling conflicts between us and Pierce. We just weren't able to line the tour up at the right time to hit every market... Explains the big gap in the northwest as well. It's a bummer, but it happens. Hopefully we can make it up with a one-off later in the year. See you out there!
01:37 PM on 01/08/13
AlexAllTimeLow
User Info.
haha. I will give you props for your stage presence though. Caught a bit of your set at Warped this past summer and was impressed. But your last few albums just weren't my cup of tea.
Haha-- it's all good!
02:28 PM on 01/08/13
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Got my presale tickets today, and I'm stoked but also dreading having to sit through all those bands.

Are YM@6 really that small in the States? They headlined fucking Wembley arena over here last year.I thought they were at least a fraction of that in the US...

I'm not sure if they've gotten bigger since then, but they couldn't sell out a co-headlining club tour (200-450 cap venues) with The Swellers last year.

This is going to be a rad tour and I'm really excited to get back out on the road. Hoping you all make it out to a show. Crowds permitting, we'll grab a drink!
Play lots of songs from the second half of the new record and it'll make up for the crowd

Seriously though, Thanks To You is one hell of a jam. Outlines is an even bigger one.
04:40 PM on 01/08/13
ChrisCanberg
User Info.
we must live very close to each other hahaha.
If Long Branch then yes haha.
04:46 PM on 01/08/13
CPF--FBR
http://connorfeimsterphoto.com
User Info.
It's always a treat to see ATL and MP on the same bill, but PTV certainly do not fit in here. I simply don't get it.

Also, while it's on everyone's minds, I don't really get why people are so turned off by Pierce the Veil. Sure, Vic's vocals are higher than an alley cat's, but there's so much more to how they're crafted than the voice. Also, the fact that Vic basically wrote A Flair for the Dramatic by himself is a truly astonishing feat. That album is so technical, yet no one cares to see it because of the band's fanbase or whatever. I've always dug PTV, even though that's not quite my ~scene~ anymore.
05:03 PM on 01/08/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
It's always a treat to see ATL and MP on the same bill, but PTV certainly do not fit in here. I simply don't get it.

Also, while it's on everyone's minds, I don't really get why people are so turned off by Pierce the Veil. Sure, Vic's vocals are higher than an alley cat's, but there's so much more to how they're crafted than the voice. Also, the fact that Vic basically wrote A Flair for the Dramatic by himself is a truly astonishing feat. That album is so technical, yet no one cares to see it because of the band's fanbase or whatever. I've always dug PTV, even though that's not quite my ~scene~ anymore.
I just think they would sound so much better without random growls. Honestly take that away and you have a band that could captivate my attention for more than a minute. Maybe it is the whole screamo genre that gets to but either way it adds nothing to the music. Screaming in music is fine but when a band needs a designated person to growl into a mic then I can't help but not enjoy that. Some of my favorite bands have singers with high vocals so in the end its just the growling and hot topic groupies that really kill any interest I would have in the band.

Maybe it is just a thing that people get into when younger. Even music that had screaming in it when I was younger never bothered me because it was tasteful and fit and not a centerpiece of the music. There is no emotion or passion in random growls.
09:01 PM on 01/08/13
wheelsgonewild
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, the routing of the tour got a bit missed up due to scheduling conflicts between us and Pierce. We just weren't able to line the tour up at the right time to hit every market... Explains the big gap in the northwest as well. It's a bummer, but it happens. Hopefully we can make it up with a one-off later in the year. See you out there!
dude is the towson date tigerfest?
11:16 PM on 01/08/13
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.

I've always thought Vic's voice was actually the high point of PTV. I'm not a big fan of post-hardcore to begin with, but to put it simply, there are way better bands (Emery, Silverstein, Vanna, etc.) that aren't half as huge as PTV are. They just come off as the kind of band that will fade away when their fangirls grow up, with no real lasting value or substance in their music.
11:14 AM on 01/09/13
JDubs66
Redesign Me, Redefine Me.
User Info.
This is an awesome tour! Gunna be a sick show for sure!

SUCKS that it is skipping over Minnesota.... but oh well got my ticket and am making the road trip to Milwaukee!
11:34 AM on 01/09/13
JRLOVER88
User Info.

I'll hold you to that Alex.. I buy the first round!!
10:00 PM on 01/09/13
litecrush
User Info.
Such a great line up. I never imaged Pierce the Veil in this type of tour but awesome all the same. I'd really love to see this.
10:47 PM on 01/12/13
flo teezy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pierce The Veil is one of the more annoying bands names to attempt and type quickly, I fuck up all those i/e/e/e things every time.

Also, one of the more annoying bands to try and listen to.
07:19 AM on 01/13/13
1000shadesofred
Period Blood Sandwich
User Info.
Hope everyone got their tickets... most ticket locations sold out of tickets super fast!!!!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos