AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Cab News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Cab Guitarist Starts Kickstarter for Solo EP

Posted by - 08:28 PM on 01/18/13
Chantry Johnson, guitarist of The Cab, has launched a kickstarter to fund his solo EP. You can listen to his song "Tell Me The Truth" here.
Message2012 was the most earth-shattering, metamorphic, mind-blowing year of my life. It was full of heart-break, depression, success, change, rejection, failure, and triumph. Fortunately, music has been there to help me keep my head through the dramatic ups and downs of the past year. As The Cab takes a short break from touring, I have finally found the time to do what I've been needing to do for a long time: put out an official debut EP as a solo artist. While I am still 100% a part of The Cab, I have greatly enjoyed the opportunity to create something that is completely my own... I wrote every bit of these songs. I produced these songs. I mixed and mastered these songs. And It feels good to finally put out a piece of work that is completely ME.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
09:09 PM on 01/18/13
kitdoor
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jeez does EVERYONE leave The Cab?!
09:10 PM on 01/18/13
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
Jeez does EVERYONE leave The Cab?!
Read the blurb...
09:19 PM on 01/18/13
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
For a second, I thought this had to do with the dudes from the Cab with that other Kickstarter was laughable in both it's goal and it's rewards.
09:27 PM on 01/18/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
Uggggg.
09:55 PM on 01/18/13
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
Better than anything off The Cab's last album.
09:56 PM on 01/18/13
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
lol there's a black guy in the cab now?
10:01 PM on 01/18/13
Jenajena
Jena ≈ Gina.
User Info.
For a second, I thought this had to do with the dudes from the Cab with that other Kickstarter was laughable in both it's goal and it's rewards.

Haha that kickstarter was ridiculous. Cash is still doing the solo rap thing. And he just posted a video of himself lip syncing to "Endlessly" with a drawn on mole and a beanie. Somebody's bitter.
11:12 PM on 01/18/13
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
why would anyone do that? that'd make too much sense
12:11 AM on 01/19/13
saywhatever
User Info.
Oddly enough I didn't mind that song.
02:10 AM on 01/19/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
So ridiculous. Pay for my buddy to get flown out to LA! I'm just going to start kickstarters for when I want to go places. Kickstart my trip to LA, I'll be sure to tweet funny things and make fun of celebrities!
02:45 AM on 01/19/13
emoboy333
User Info.
The guys can't work to earn $1,000 ? Next week, I'm gonna kickstart to go to my favorite restaurant.
07:16 AM on 01/19/13
xRustyx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Where is the work ethic with these kids? Play some shows, record some local bands (now that you have the software to do it), hustle your product. Asking for handouts is ridiculous.

This isn't a bash on kick starter at all, I've seen some cool stuff happen. This is the second time I've seen someone from The Cab ask for a handout instead of working to make it happen.
09:24 AM on 01/19/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The guys can't work to earn $1,000 ? Next week, I'm gonna kickstart to go to my favorite restaurant.
its the easy way out these days. The days of working your ass off DIY style are long gone.
10:44 AM on 01/19/13
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
Pretty sure someone from AP made a kickstarter to go to Burger King, haha. It was funded on account of hilarity.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos