AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Band Break-Up News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Allstar Weekend Announces Upcoming Hiatus, Starting New Band

Posted by - 11:47 PM on 01/18/13
Allstar Weekend will be going on indefinite hiatus after Warped Tour. They will be starting a new band with the same members and a new, currently undecided, name. Read a statement from the band in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 42
11:47 PM on 01/18/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
StatementHey Guys,

In case you didn't get to see our chat this afternoon, we are writing this to set everything straight, recap, and help anyone who is still confused understand what’s going on.

The upcoming Allstar Weekend tour will be OUR LAST HEADLINING TOUR. On our headlining tour, we play for 75 minutes. We are still doing Warped tour as Allstar Weekend. On that tour, we only play for 30 minutes. After Warped tour, Allstar Weekend will be on an indefinite hiatus.

The three of us, Michael, Cameron, and Zach are starting another band, which will release music completely different and separate from Allstar Weekend. The new album we have been working on will be released as our new project (currently unnamed). We will NOT be playing any Allstar Weekend songs at shows under the new project.

This is something we decided very recently, and we're still getting used to the idea, but it's something we are all really excited about. As we were making this record, the more it became fully realized, the more we realized that this just wasn't an Allstar Weekend record. What we want to do moving forward is not Allstar Weekend. We got signed to Hollywood Records when we were 17 & 18. Now we're 22 & 23! We have evolved as people, musicians, and songwriters. We've changed just like we're sure you guys have changed. We wanted to end this chapter of our careers on a high note!

We are not erasing our past or acting like ASW never existed. We're proud of what we've accomplished. Think of it like switching majors at college or your parents making a career change. It doesn't erase the work, the passion or our connection we had with you when we were doing it. It's simply time to move on to something new.

We decided to share the news with you now because we felt you deserved to know the truth. Just because we are closing this chapter doesn't mean we won't enjoy every minute of our upcoming shows.

We want to thank everyone past and present who has been a part of Allstar Weekend. Whether you are a fan, were a fan, or will continue to support us in the future, thank you for everything. Like I said today in the chat, I've been hesitant to show my appreciation recently because I think a lot of times thanking fans comes off as insincere. I don't want to thank you because I want you like our new music and band, come see us on this last tour, or anything else. I wanna thank you for being a part of Allstar Weekend. Allstar Weekend made us who we are today, and we are so happy you were a part of that. No matter what happens in the future, I think we all did some pretty cool shit together over the years, so thank you for experiencing it with us. We had a great time and are so fortunate that you guys liked us, and Cameron's sexy looks during our shows ;)

See you guys down the road, or not, either way, we love you. Thank you for being a part of something we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

We're very excited about the next chapter.

A Quick Yes or No List:

*Yes, we will release The Mint DVD
*Yes, we will release the Covers EP
*No, you’ll probably never see the video for Hey, Princess!
*Yes, we will release a bunch of old songs and demos
*Yes, we will tour as our new band
*No, we will not play ASW songs on tour under the new project
*Yes, we are still very excited about these last shows
*No, we don’t believe in the Easter Bunny
*Yes, we still love you all
*Yes, Dillon and Brent will still be involved with us in some capacity
*Yes, the new project will have a new youtube, facebook, twitter, etc

Regarding Kickstarter - you will still be sent the new album we have been writing and working on long before we made this decision. IF you decide you no longer want to support us, we will refund the cost of the record. We will be sending a specific email about this to you through Kickstarter.

Love,
Zach, Cameron, and Michael
11:51 PM on 01/18/13
Jason949
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
*fart*
12:01 AM on 01/19/13
EastCoastKid20
User Info.
Not a HUGE fan but they did this in a cool way and I'm really excited to hear their new stuff. Cool dudes. You guys know who manage them right? Nough said. Goodnight
12:05 AM on 01/19/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
"*Yes, the new project will have a new youtube, facebook, twitter, etc"

Thank god! I was worried for a second.
12:05 AM on 01/19/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
kind of makes sense that they're trying to separate themselves from their disney past.
all i have to say about this. all that's worth saying about this.
12:06 AM on 01/19/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"*Yes, the new project will have a new youtube, facebook, twitter, etc"

Thank god! I was worried for a second.
keagan you're my favorite for a reason.
12:15 AM on 01/19/13
fothermucker
Show's over, mother fuckers.
User Info.
*No, you’ll probably never see the video for Hey, Princess!

Ironically I saw this on Disney Channel years ago...
12:16 AM on 01/19/13
ConnorCorruptNJ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I wish they gave us a genre for the new music. it's obviously a huge change so it seems to me like it'll be a different genre. stoked on whatever they have in store.
12:18 AM on 01/19/13
Goat01
No Retreat, No Regrets.
User Info.
so, sort of like what Powerspace did a while back? different name, (most of the) same guys?
12:18 AM on 01/19/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Yeah, probably good to separate themselves from the Disney connection. Guessing they'll be like tr00 pop punk, hoping for just solid power pop.
12:30 AM on 01/19/13
samanthaxatl
User Info.
If you're not a fan, why bother commenting? Clearly you don't care anyway.

Sad to see "Allstar Weekend" go, it was fun. I really wish they had told us more about the new band/music.
12:36 AM on 01/19/13
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
best of luck. They handled this very well.
01:05 AM on 01/19/13
Djentleman
User Info.
saw "allstar weekend hiatus" & was like yesssss they're playing warped
bummer
01:17 AM on 01/19/13
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Aww.. I weep for all 6 of their fans.

Edit: Just read the rest... so you're telling me I can continue not caring about them while they call themselves something else? Awesome!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos