User Info.
A black man critical of Obama? RACIST!
05:49 AM on 01/21/13
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Oh, Lupe...
A black man critical of Obama? RACIST!
At least I can watch the video and know nothing Lupe says in it will be dumber than this.
06:11 AM on 01/21/13
ChaseTx
Entitled user
User Info.
He's criticized Obama in his music, so why the hell would you book him for something like this?
That's what I was going to say. He calls Obama a terrorist on his fucking album... Do the people booking these shows not do any research?

His criticisms are very valid. Drone strikes are terrible.
06:13 AM on 01/21/13
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
That's what I was going to say. He calls Obama a terrorist on his fucking album... Do the people booking these shows not do any research?

His criticisms are very valid. Drone strikes are terrible.
Without watching and hearing what he actually said because my work computer won't load videos ever for some reason, I agree with this.
06:17 AM on 01/21/13
WishYouAway
User Info.
Isn't what's featured in the video (or some variant) part of the original song anyways? Odd to cut that off, if it's based on that.

That being said, from every interview I've watched and read, Lupe Fiasco's political views are about as sophisticated as a 12-year-old's. I'm sill perplexed as to why everyone on my news feed thinks this guy has some sort of "fresh" view rapping about politics.
06:17 AM on 01/21/13
Upstart
User Info.
Isn't The US known for claiming how "free" their people are supposed to be?

Yep, the government does "claim" that, but the reality is very, very different.
06:23 AM on 01/21/13
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
His problem is he's peaceful and he believes in the people.
06:26 AM on 01/21/13
theonethingihav
User Info.
Its kinda scary how Obama is so close to being a dictator. You say one thing about him and even though the crowed loves it just because Obama doesn't like it the guy gets his mic cut and kicked off. Doesnt sound like democracy to me.....just sayin'
06:27 AM on 01/21/13
ChaseTx
Entitled user
User Info.
Without watching and hearing what he actually said because my work computer won't load videos ever for some reason, I agree with this.
Yeah I can't watch videos at work either, but I'm assuming it was something along the lines of what he said om the album and in an interview I read.
06:31 AM on 01/21/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Its kinda scary how Obama is so close to being a dictator. You say one thing about him and even though the crowed loves it just because Obama doesn't like it the guy gets his mic cut and kicked off. Doesnt sound like democracy to me.....just sayin'
Agree to an extent but there is a time and place to appropriately voice ones opinion. This was not one of them but as others of stated he probably should not of been on the bill.
06:36 AM on 01/21/13
PulZexCore
Eat. Drink. Be Merry!
User Info.
It's the Obama inauguration. So I understand them cutting the chord on any highly opinionated Obama bashes, however that has to be one of the worse books by a PR staff.
06:37 AM on 01/21/13
Tyler Dumont
@tylerdumont
User Info.
Agree to an extent but there is a time and place to appropriately voice ones opinion. This was not one of them but as others of stated he probably should not of been on the bill.
Holy lol at your line of reasoning. "Obama doesn't like it…" what a conclusion to make when we haven't any idea if he even heard it. People who make these wild assumptions that the entire country moves and shakes at the whim of the President, whomever he may be at the time, are hilarious.

Edit: This quote was meant for the post he was originally quoted by "theonethingihav"
06:42 AM on 01/21/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
He got taken off stage because he wouldn't do anyhing for 30 minutes
06:45 AM on 01/21/13
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
Holy lol at your line of reasoning. "Obama doesn't like it…" what a conclusion to make when we haven't any idea if he even heard it. People who make these wild assumptions that the entire country moves and shakes at the whim of the President, whomever he may be at the time, are hilarious.
I picture a member of the Secret Service watching on a hidden camera, and all of a sudden shouting "Mr. President! Lupe Fiasco said something mean!" Hahahahaha.
06:53 AM on 01/21/13
JonnyBravo182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
His problem is he's peaceful and he believes in the people.
You clever bastard.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests