Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 133
11:21 AM on 01/22/13
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
User Info.
I don't like this, but I don't hate it. I think the feedback wouldn't be so bad had they not hyped it up so much..

Trying to emulate Modest Mouse?
First thing I thought when the vocals kicked in.
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
Trying to emulate Modest Mouse?
Sounds like someone put them and the cure into a blender.
pleasedontpanic
I believe. Help my unbelief.
User Info.
Yet it's better than anything you could ever put out.

This song isn't a favorite of mine but the drumming is very tight and the production is done very well
The fact that you used that as a comeback is absolute idiocy. You don't know me nor my song writing ability, so who's to say that I couldn't write anything better? I happen to think the production is terrible, the drums sound overbearing in comparison to the rest of the mix, and the obnoxious vocals sound like a poor 80's-esque Modest Mouse ripoff.

And just because I, or any other user on here, could "put out anything better", that doesn't mean that this overhyped project isn't garbage.
11:23 AM on 01/22/13
dhayes
User Info.
stahp
11:24 AM on 01/22/13
bobbyblacks
User Info.
Every song is the same thing. This band could actually be incredible if they changed everything about how the songs were sung. Nasiff killed it after the first song was released, it really does sound like he's singing in Peter Bretter's rock opera
11:29 AM on 01/22/13
_><_
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Fuck this shit, though i'm kind of digging the vocal style.
11:31 AM on 01/22/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
What is with the lyrics/vocals.

The fuck.
11:32 AM on 01/22/13
bunneh.
make moves, son
User Info.
I actually really like the instrumentation in this song, it's just that the vocals really aren't approachable for me.
11:33 AM on 01/22/13
Steve Alcala
facebook.com/stevealcalaart
User Info.
this is not good.
11:34 AM on 01/22/13
TylerHartman
User Info.
Eh, it sounds Modest Mouse-y...it's not the worst thing I've ever heard. Now I'm just really confused as this doesn't fit the viral marketing campaign at all. The lack of cohesiveness is definitely hurting the overall hype. Still dig that first tune, though.
11:37 AM on 01/22/13
nowFace
Merry xmas from The Sopranos.
User Info.
As everyone else has said it sounds like Modest Mouse meets The Cure. The drums do sound good though. Also like someone else said maybe the reception would have been a little better if they didn't hype up this band so much with other good bands tweeting about them. Just my two cents.
11:40 AM on 01/22/13
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
No. Just... No.
11:42 AM on 01/22/13
Th3 DeviLandGoD
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Do you know this guy? How do you know that? And what bearing on this does it have anyway?

Yeah just troll the thread like him. I don't know him but can guarantee he's never started a viral campaign or has ever put a song that more than 100 people have listened too.

What bearing does your post have on this thread? Are you talking song or anything shone related. Nope, at least I commented on the song same with the guy calling garage. You on the other hand contributed nothing.
11:43 AM on 01/22/13
savestheday3x3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this sounds like if foxy Shazam continued to make music but didn't care about money
11:43 AM on 01/22/13
Th3 DeviLandGoD
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The fact that you used that as a comeback is absolute idiocy. You don't know me nor my song writing ability, so who's to say that I couldn't write anything better? I happen to think the production is terrible, the drums sound overbearing in comparison to the rest of the mix, and the obnoxious vocals sound like a poor 80's-esque Modest Mouse ripoff.

And just because I, or any other user on here, could "put out anything better", that doesn't mean that this overhyped project isn't garbage.

I see very little of modest mouse in this. Yes at times it sounds like Isaac.

But please send me a song that you've written so I can see how amazing you are

Yes it's been extremely over hyped. I agree with you there but you seemed to just be trolling. So relax. But please send me a song you've done, I wanna see your talents. I can't wait be blown away

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos