Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 133
11:31 AM on 01/22/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
I'm not a big Brand New fanboy, but I actually really enjoy this.
Is his inflection about eight levels over the top? Sure - but I do actually like it quite a bit.
Also, love the instrumentation and production on this.
Good to see something other than serious hate for this track

This whole project is wildly over-the-top, and I think that's the point. Andrew Accardi is the creative center of the whole thing, so anyone who knows Robbers is entirely unsurprised by a project like this hahah

I enjoy it a lot.
11:34 AM on 01/22/13
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
I like it (but yeah, it kind of sounds like Modest Mouse in the vocal delivery).
whats your favorite flavor of doritos
11:34 AM on 01/22/13
KarlAnthonyyy
I am selfish it seems
User Info.
I'm not a big Brand New fanboy, but I actually really enjoy this.
Is his inflection about eight levels over the top? Sure - but I do actually like it quite a bit.
Also, love the instrumentation and production on this.

I agree. The instrumentation rules IMO.
11:40 AM on 01/22/13
benjammin07
User Info.
I didn't expect people to love this, but I am surprised by the overwhelming amount of hate. holy hell. i guess with this amount of hype surrounding this, it will never be good enough. the vocals are pretty balls, but I love everything else about this!
11:41 AM on 01/22/13
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
Yet it's better than anything you could ever put out.

This song isn't a favorite of mine but the drumming is very tight and the production is done very well
i've put out music way better then this, does that make my dislike for it worth more?
11:42 AM on 01/22/13
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
It sounds like the Count from Sesame Street with Cookie Monster helping out on gang vocals.
11:44 AM on 01/22/13
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
User Info.
Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god
11:45 AM on 01/22/13
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
It sounds like the Count from Sesame Street with Cookie Monster helping out on gang vocals.

Best response
11:50 AM on 01/22/13
The Gryphonator
User Info.
I like it. Instrumentation is cool and interesting. (Listen with headphones if you haven't). The vocal style is really strange, but I thought the same thing about alt-J for a while, and now... Awesome Wave might be my favorite release of 2012.

So we'll see. Excited for the album.
11:50 AM on 01/22/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
I didn't expect people to love this, but I am surprised by the overwhelming amount of hate. holy hell. i guess with this amount of hype surrounding this, it will never be good enough. the vocals are pretty balls, but I love everything else about this!
There's a bad attitude that a certain sect of this site has had since the very beginning of the viral marketing campaign. A large amount of the hate (not all of it, but a good portion) comes from people who will just invariably shit on this project.

This music (and the story/concept of the album that's been discerned through the campaign) is all really weird, and the comparison someone made earlier to "Modest Mouse and The Cure thrown in a blender" isn't really inaccurate... the difference is that if Modest Mouse released this album and these songs, it would be something a lot of the haters would be able to groove to. This is a new band, and on top of that it's a group that had the audacity to pursue a really ambitious viral campaign... that probably seems arrogant to a lot of people.
11:55 AM on 01/22/13
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
There's a bad attitude that a certain sect of this site has had since the very beginning of the viral marketing campaign. A large amount of the hate (not all of it, but a good portion) comes from people who will just invariably shit on this project.

This music (and the story/concept of the album that's been discerned through the campaign) is all really weird, and the comparison someone made earlier to "Modest Mouse and The Cure thrown in a blender" isn't really inaccurate... the difference is that if Modest Mouse released this album and these songs, it would be something a lot of the haters would be able to groove to. This is a new band, and on top of that it's a group that had the audacity to pursue a really ambitious viral campaign... that probably seems arrogant to a lot of people.
Or the music is just shit. Seriously you take everything far too personally.
11:56 AM on 01/22/13
Theseventhson
User Info.
Yet it's better than anything you could ever put out.

This song isn't a favorite of mine but the drumming is very tight and the production is done very well
LOL
11:56 AM on 01/22/13
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
lol
12:03 PM on 01/22/13
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
How come when I click on the above link for "Shone" it takes me here: http://www.absolutepunk.net/artists/...etails&l=23981
12:11 PM on 01/22/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Or the music is just shit. Seriously you take everything far too personally.
lol really?

I've just taken note of the fact that the most consistent and strongly worded criticism of the music has come from people who openly trolled the fact that the campaigned gained steam quickly, before there was any substance to judge other than the group's popularity.

I don't need those people to like the music I like, because there are more than enough people who do. I'm not entirely sure why you think me explaining a concept that I could easily prove with quotes (if I had the free hours to sift through that massive Shone thread) equates to me taking those people "too personally."

The same way you can basely judge the music as straight-up terrible, I can judge some of the people hating on it as basing their own judgments off something other than the music itself.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos