AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 29 of 29
02:37 PM on 01/21/13
Upstart
User Info.
Given the history of this company, I would absolutely not recommend putting anything in this system you wouldn't mind disappearing tomorrow.
I think you mean "the history of the US government and copyright industries". When even judges and other governments are like "wtf?" that kind of points to it not being completely MegaUpload/Dotcom's fault.
02:39 PM on 01/21/13
esposimi
Genesis Does what Nintendon't
User Info.
Given the history of this company, I would absolutely not recommend putting anything in this system you wouldn't mind disappearing tomorrow.
True. I don't use my Dropbox for any file hosting other than my Work Files, pictures, and some important backup files. The fact that Mega is using this encryption has me intrigued.
02:41 PM on 01/21/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I think you mean "the history of the US government and copyright industries". When even judges and other governments are like "wtf?" that kind of points to it not being completely MegaUpload/Dotcom's fault.
Nope, I mean the history of this company and founder.
02:42 PM on 01/21/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
True. I don't use my Dropbox for any file hosting other than my Work Files, pictures, and some important backup files. The fact that Mega is using this encryption has me intrigued.
Meh, as pointed out in the Hacker News thread ... it's all for plausible deniability on the company's end - not real, personal, encryption of your files. YOU should be employing a private/public key system on your files if you would like personal encryption for anything you upload.
03:50 PM on 01/21/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
this could be nice and better than other file-sharing sites in some ways/worse in others, but I really just want to use Megabox. Fuck that wait is gonna seem long.
04:15 PM on 01/21/13
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
50 GB? Geez.
04:20 PM on 01/21/13
Geology Rocks!
Why are you so afraid?
User Info.
A giant honeypot for the FBI?
04:54 PM on 01/21/13
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
I looked at it but I can't make the jump from Dropbox unless they have good service for a while, even with that 50gb I can't trust Mega yet.
07:30 PM on 01/21/13
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
Oh, and when it comes to combating leaks, labels can upload their stuff here are send it to critics.
07:33 PM on 01/21/13
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
Oh, and when it comes to combating leaks, labels can upload their stuff here are send it to critics.

They use Haulix which watermarks the files
09:39 PM on 01/21/13
roju
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm cautiously optimistic.
Also hoping that this makes Dropbox up their space to 20 GB or so for free users. I'm sitting on about 11 GB right now, but would love more.
11:12 AM on 01/22/13
Upstart
User Info.
Nope, I mean the history of this company and founder.
Oh, I know all about Dotcom and his history. He's a huge douchebag. I also know that this crusade against MegaUpload is little more than a farce, and it's silly to say "don't trust this company" when the DOJ can - and has - taken down other services, sites, and blogs, so Dotcom isn't really the issue.
01:00 PM on 01/22/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Oh, I know all about Dotcom and his history. He's a huge douchebag. I also know that this crusade against MegaUpload is little more than a farce, and it's silly to say "don't trust this company" when the DOJ can - and has - taken down other services, sites, and blogs, so Dotcom isn't really the issue.
Feel free to trust your data there then. I don't.
04:13 PM on 01/22/13
c3066521
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah we get it

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT