AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 96
08:21 PM on 01/22/13
Djentleman
User Info.
OM&M and TDWP probably won't be relocating since both have members of Christian faith. I don't know about the other ones but I sincerely hope that ADTR follows in TSSF's footsteps.

(Holy fucking acronyms).

who in OM&M is christian?
08:23 PM on 01/22/13
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
Yeah, they totally support hate free environments, that's why they still play "Daughters" live and are hypocritical, sexist assholes.

and yet, Daughters and Mt. Diablo continue to played at their shows.

"I'm all for LGBT rights but FUCK GIRLS WHO SLEEP WITH PEOPLE AND DRINK!!! AWW YEAHH!!! WEED!!!!"

Garbage argument with almost no correlation to the Rocketown story.

Daughters is about girls who put themselves to shame by letting their guard down. Not about every female in general. By the way, adultery/promiscuity, which are the themes in those songs, are choices. Homosexuality is not. Get real.

spot on.
08:24 PM on 01/22/13
dangerofthought
An Uneducated Opinion
User Info.
Getting upset at high school boys who are getting angsty with high school girls is kinda...you know...high school-ish.

There's plenty of bands out there who sing about girls and drunk girls and girls who bang dudes and can still have progressive social equality views.
08:25 PM on 01/22/13
Niklas
@0urNumbers
User Info.
who in OM&M is christian?
Austin Carlile claimed being a Christian on a interview before.
08:28 PM on 01/22/13
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Daughters is about girls who put themselves to shame by letting their guard down. Not about every female in general. By the way, adultery/promiscuity, which are the themes in those songs, are choices. Homosexuality is not. Get real.
You're kidding, right? There's absolutely nothing wrong with promiscuity, and to shame people for it is incredibly fucked up. To shame promiscuous members of one gender, while leaving the other out of the picture, is what we call sexism.

If homosexuality was a choice, would it be wrong then?
08:29 PM on 01/22/13
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
"Put themselves to shame by letting their guard down."

Seriously?

And there's a serious different between high school angst and flat-out name calling and calling girls at shows sluts and making the environment unsafe for them.
08:29 PM on 01/22/13
saddr weirdr
User Info.
Getting upset at high school boys who are getting angsty with high school girls is kinda...you know...high school-ish.

There's plenty of bands out there who sing about girls and drunk girls and girls who bang dudes and can still have progressive social equality views.
Like? And do those bands also call out "sluts" at their shows?
08:37 PM on 01/22/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I knew this thread would turn into this...take it somewhere else! They're doing something good
08:37 PM on 01/22/13
NickMadeVisible
User Info.
You're kidding, right? There's absolutely nothing wrong with promiscuity, and to shame people for it is incredibly fucked up. To shame promiscuous members of one gender, while leaving the other out of the picture, is what we call sexism.

If homosexuality was a choice, would it be wrong then?
Oh, I'm guessing you've never listened to any Taylor Swift song, ever.
08:42 PM on 01/22/13
saddr weirdr
User Info.
Oh, I'm guessing you've never listened to any Taylor Swift song, ever.
And what makes you think I find nothing wrong with her?
08:46 PM on 01/22/13
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
I figured that a dumb argument would arise out of you guys. All I have to say is I totally support their move to not play the venue. Very cool of them.
08:48 PM on 01/22/13
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
It's weird how when speaking out against someone's homophobic or racist comments, it's encouraged and applauded. For example, when everyone trashed the For Today guy, and said it didn't matter how many good things he did or has done, the underlying intolerance meant we should continue to speak out against him. But when speaking out against sexism, you're met with groans, and pleas to "take it somewhere else, because they're doing a good thing!"

It's the same principle. You are free to applaud them for doing a good thing. I am happy they're switching venues. But that doesn't excuse their underlying intolerance and frankly disgusting attitude towards women.
08:51 PM on 01/22/13
evilandgood
User Info.
Just quoting so it's shown again on this thread.
Spot on.
08:57 PM on 01/22/13
TheCochino
User Info.
It's weird how when speaking out against someone's homophobic or racist comments, it's encouraged and applauded. For example, when everyone trashed the For Today guy, and said it didn't matter how many good things he did or has done, the underlying intolerance meant we should continue to speak out against him. But when speaking out against sexism, you're met with groans, and pleas to "take it somewhere else, because they're doing a good thing!"

It's the same principle. You are free to applaud them for doing a good thing. I am happy they're switching venues. But that doesn't excuse their underlying intolerance and frankly disgusting attitude towards women.

Are you fucking kidding me?
09:00 PM on 01/22/13
NickMadeVisible
User Info.

Yes, I'm the sure the views expressed towards certain individual women, are at least an incredibly small margin of them in those songs are expressive of the entire female sex as a whole.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos