Username
Password
Streaming News - Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 133 of 133.
09:56 PM on 01/22/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
By the way guys, the full album is posted on my Soundcloud... I forgot to post it here and in the SHONE thread in General, but if anyone feels like burning about 30 minutes so they can hear the whole thing and shit on it or enjoy it as a cohesive unit, here's the link - https://soundcloud.com/aakash-abbi/heat-thing-complete

It starts about halfway through Piano Wire, which is Track1
10:08 PM on 01/22/13
Jacob Tender
User Info.
Love it.
07:28 AM on 01/23/13
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
It's all the members of Brand New and the cast of Sesame Street having a jam session
hahaha I thought the sesame street was an exaggeration until I heard the gang vox. I think I hear snuffleupagus in there.
07:52 AM on 01/23/13
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
By the way guys, the full album is posted on my Soundcloud... I forgot to post it here and in the SHONE thread in General, but if anyone feels like burning about 30 minutes so they can hear the whole thing and shit on it or enjoy it as a cohesive unit, here's the link - https://soundcloud.com/aakash-abbi/heat-thing-complete

It starts about halfway through Piano Wire, which is Track1
The song immediately after Piano Wire sounds awesome. I still cant get over this though.
12:27 PM on 01/23/13
brothemighty
Blue moon, where are you today?
User Info.
Hahahaha wow
01:06 PM on 01/23/13
dominycking
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i've been following this religiously. all of my favorite bands are the ones who tweeted this (thrice, iata, kevin devine, brand new, etc) i felt especially involved because i got the letters, and i was a marketing major in college, so i really appreciate the ad campaign.

after the first song, piano wire, i was completely floored.

after listening to baby shakes, i hated it. but i really want to like this band

so i kept listening to it, and it grew on me a bit. i feel totally ridiculous listening to it, but eh i've been on a musical hiatus kind of, where i can't find anything new especially since most bands i love have broken up (eotc, thrice, treos, atal etc..) so i'm giving it a chance. im kind of digging it now, i feel like this song is something you have to really have to give a third chance to. once you get over the ridiculousness/retardedness of it, you can really start to appreciate it.

listening to the stream now since i haven't had a chance yet, kinda digging the second track too
02:27 PM on 01/23/13
KingOfSpain
You Are a Permanent Scar
User Info.
It took me a couple listens, but I don't mind it too much. It's not as good as I thought it would be, but I'm still looking forward to the album.
08:35 PM on 01/23/13
handy3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is good, I dig it for sure.
01:48 PM on 01/24/13
ChelseaRiane
<3
User Info.
Well then...
02:54 PM on 01/29/13
bikescene
No, you're a turd sandwich.
User Info.
There's a bad attitude that a certain sect of this site has had since the very beginning of the viral marketing campaign. A large amount of the hate (not all of it, but a good portion) comes from people who will just invariably shit on this project.

This music (and the story/concept of the album that's been discerned through the campaign) is all really weird, and the comparison someone made earlier to "Modest Mouse and The Cure thrown in a blender" isn't really inaccurate... the difference is that if Modest Mouse released this album and these songs, it would be something a lot of the haters would be able to groove to. This is a new band, and on top of that it's a group that had the audacity to pursue a really ambitious viral campaign... that probably seems arrogant to a lot of people.
Cool story bro
03:31 PM on 01/29/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Late pass?
12:23 PM on 01/30/13
bikescene
No, you're a turd sandwich.
User Info.
It's timeless.
02:27 PM on 02/01/13
Th3 DeviLandGoD
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Lol go away dude. Do you ever contribute to these threads or just give other people shit?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests