Password
Politics News - Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 120 of 130.
08:20 AM on 01/23/13
Fuck You Aurora
Lost.
User Info.
The point is so nothing goes wrong.

Everyone is seriously overreacting. Most televised performances like this are prerecorded; why the fuck does it make any difference? It doesn't.
It's the National Anthem, it's supposed to be sung. Music isn't supposed to be perfect, mistakes fucking happen. If she fucks up a little let it happen. I'd rather fuck up than lip-sync.
08:22 AM on 01/23/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
It's the National Anthem, it's supposed to be sung. Music isn't supposed to be perfect, mistakes fucking happen. If she fucks up a little let it happen. I'd rather fuck up than lip-sync.

Do you realize what this was for and how many people are watching?

This isn't a fucking high school football game.
08:23 AM on 01/23/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

You're one person. We're talking about a massively televised performance to 40+ million people. There's no room for mistakes. Four years ago YoYo Ma prerecorded his performance too, nobody flipped shit then?
08:25 AM on 01/23/13
Fuck You Aurora
Lost.
User Info.

Doesn't matter.
08:30 AM on 01/23/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.

Actually, it does.
08:57 AM on 01/23/13
stevenisfading
stronger
User Info.
Kelly's done it before too. Today's popular music and the industry surrounding it is a big bundle of shit.
She never has.
09:35 AM on 01/23/13
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
10:18 AM on 01/23/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
10:18 AM on 01/23/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.

le sigh. Some people just can't help getting their panties up in a bunch.
"Authenticity" blah blah blah
10:22 AM on 01/23/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
le sigh. Some people just can't help getting their panties up in a bunch.
"Authenticity" blah blah blah

there is no artistic integrity to uphold. It's the National Anthem.
12:04 PM on 01/23/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
there is no artistic integrity to uphold. It's the National Anthem.
It's also an event 100% centered around pomp and frills - there's no artistic integrity to uphold when you're trying to put on a gilded parade.
12:18 PM on 01/23/13
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
06:50 PM on 01/23/13
Ryan Dennehy
And I'll play the other side of the situation. It comes across really impersonal and tacky to be performing as an ARTIST on arguably one of the biggest stages, let alone, representing our country. I mean she could have gotten sick or just not been up to it, which should all be taken in to account, but if you can't perform live and their are others that can do it, she should have stepped off. Especially when Kelly Clarkson shows you up.
Wanna update this or something, since it isn't confirmed? http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...ding_a t.html
09:09 PM on 01/23/13
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
This really sucks and it's weird to see people defending it, like, passionately. It offends me as a musician, singer, and serviceman.

We know she can sing. But that day she didn't. She pretended to. When Francis Scott Key wrote the lyrics, he wasn't pretending to be detained on a British warship.

Every excuse that you guys are offering for her is neutralized by the fact that Kelly Clarkson sang, in the shitty weather, on the biggest stage, without forgetting the words or missing the notes. While hundreds of thousands of other performers would have killed for the honor of performing the Star Spangled Banner for such a huge event--potential for humiliation and all-- Beyonce was given the opportunity and she faked it.

Kanye wouldn't even show up to that fake shit.
06:53 AM on 01/24/13
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
This doesn't affect me at all, but yeah, I don't get how people, particularly music fans, can accept lip synching. Not shocking that it happens. That doesn't stop it from being totally wrong, though...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests