Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

POZ Presents: Moving Mountains Interview

Posted by: Drew Beringer (01/24/13)
PropertyOfZack recently interviewed with Greg Dunn of Moving Mountains and discussed the band's upcoming new album.
From The InterviewWell, I know Triple Crown wants to put it out sometime early next year (2013). That was always the deadline or goal that we were aiming for. I think we’re still on track to make that work. I think it will come out sometime in the spring. Its crazy how in two years, your mentality can shift. It really affects your music, obviously.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
11:49 AM on 01/24/13
syntax omitted
User Info.
Really excited that it's more similar to their older stuff.
11:49 AM on 01/24/13
mvacare23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That interview sort of bummed me out. I absolutely love this band, but there is zero enthusiasm behind Greg's words. He almost made it sound as though making this record was a choir and not a positive work of art. I absolutely adore 'Waves". I think its their most solid work from front to back in comparison to Pneuma and Foreword EP. I felt like MM was on a rise when they released Waves. There was some pretty big buzz. I have met Greg at a show once and he was a very nice guy but it just seems like his "whatever" attitude is why they kinda faded out a year after Waves was released and IMO have to start back over with this next record. I am sort of bummed to hear they wont be growing on the sound of "Waves".
12:01 PM on 01/24/13
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
Quote:
I think Waves represented a time where we were very excited to be on the road and to connect with people live and to bring that sort of energetic, alive and aggressive aesthetic. That was sort of our live record. I think this one is a much better representation of… I don’t know. We didn’t really keep in mind playing these songs live. We just said “Let’s make a record” that we would listen to all the time; that we wouldn’t have to worry about playing live. It’s a bit more familiar to our older material. But at the same time it’s different enough that we’ve never really done anything like it.

Fuck yes.
12:16 PM on 01/24/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
He seems so defeated in this interview. I loved Waves and liked the older stuff, but with all the uncertainty he's talking about I don't know if this new material will love up to my expectations.
12:21 PM on 01/24/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
He didn't show much enthusiasm about the new record, but maybe that's just the way he is. as long as he wrote the record he felt he should write, I have no complaints.
12:27 PM on 01/24/13
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
12:34 PM on 01/24/13
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
After a point you want music that pleases the fans and it seems that he wants that but doesnt know what it is.
12:35 PM on 01/24/13
Burnout2888
...has a gambling problem
User Info.
That interview sort of bummed me out. I absolutely love this band, but there is zero enthusiasm behind Greg's words. He almost made it sound as though making this record was a choir and not a positive work of art..

He seems so defeated in this interview. I loved Waves and liked the older stuff, but with all the uncertainty he's talking about I don't know if this new material will love up to my expectations.

He didn't show much enthusiasm about the new record, but maybe that's just the way he is. as long as he wrote the record he felt he should write, I have no complaints.

"I’m really happy, ultimately, with how it’s turned out. I guess that’s what’s most important."

Don't be worried!
12:40 PM on 01/24/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Definitely one of my most anticipated.

I don't see this whole defeatist attitude that everyone else is picking up...
12:48 PM on 01/24/13
mvacare23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Definitely one of my most anticipated.

I don't see this whole defeatist attitude that everyone else is picking up...
His choice of words paint a very dull picture unfortunately. I'm glad Burnout2888 pointed out the quote "I’m really happy, ultimately, with how it’s turned out. I guess that’s what’s most important." because somehow I missed that when I wrote my initial response. This makes me slightly more excited.
12:49 PM on 01/24/13
sordanj
Philadelphia, PA
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I liked the structure of waves. I don't need to listen to them play a guitar part for 5 minutes before getting to the next part of the song. Ideally I would like to hear a more structured version of "Foreward" it had the epic/ambient parts from their older material, and was a prelude to the verse/chorus/verse structure of "Waves".
01:01 PM on 01/24/13
Chubacca
User Info.
the interview makes me happy and sad at the same time. So happy they are releasing new music, but Greg's lack of enthusiasm and direction seem a bit of a concern to me as a fan....i dont know, from the past interviews, live shows, and talks with them i always felt like they weren't too into mov/mou, that was just my impression.
01:09 PM on 01/24/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Idk, I've talked with Josh several times and Greg a couple of times and they seemed pretty excited about it every time I talked with them
01:18 PM on 01/24/13
cxnxrx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I wished they'd sound like sound like a mixture of pneuma and waves because that would be good.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests