AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Say Anything News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Updates On Say Anything and Perma

Posted by - 10:33 AM on 01/27/13
At last night's Rarities release show in Austin, Max Bemis announced a handful of updates. Max and Sherri's daughter Lucy will be born within the next few weeks or so. The Perma record is almost finished and will be released in fall. Lastly, Bemis has written half of the next Say Anything record, calling it his darkest, most twisted material. The band will hit the studio to record it after the Perma record is out.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 34
10:47 AM on 01/27/13
alexxxisonfire
OneRecordPerDay.com
User Info.
Darkest and most twisted- even though he's the happiest he's ever been, and about to become a dad?

I don't buy it.
10:49 AM on 01/27/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Darkest and most twisted- even though he's the happiest he's ever been, and about to become a dad?

I don't buy it.
He said he expects half the record to be really dark - the half he's written - and then the other part to most likely be happier. Should be an interesting mix.
10:52 AM on 01/27/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Still pissed rarities wasn't at best buy.. I want that ish
10:55 AM on 01/27/13
DLBogosian
Finch tech, UTG writer, @dlbogosian
User Info.
Still pissed rarities wasn't at best buy.. I want that ish
order online? probably cheaper and... I mean... also not best buy.
11:05 AM on 01/27/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Is Max releasing a horrorcore album? Please tell me it's a horrorcore album.
11:08 AM on 01/27/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Excited for both. The new rarities collection is great.
11:12 AM on 01/27/13
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
So spring/summer 2014 is likely for the next SA album. I don't know why, but, despite the likely two years between releases, Anarchy, My Dear seems so long ago and the next album seems so far away. haha
11:14 AM on 01/27/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.

I don't buy it.
It makes more sense if you read the interview he did recently explaining it. It was with AltPress I think and it was a good read. It got me excited to hear what comes next.
11:18 AM on 01/27/13
projectmayhem16
keep cool, but care
User Info.
I'm excited that Sherri is no longer the focal point of his song writing in SA. Now, he'll probably write a sappy, self-deprecating lullaby for his daughter or 3.
11:18 AM on 01/27/13
gabrielM
User Info.
i hope it sounds well. didn't really like Anarchy... that's the first SA album i have that i don't even listen to. still a big fan of his and SA though. also pretty excited for perma.
11:19 AM on 01/27/13
yoyostring
Somebody, please put me in a yo-yo.
User Info.
lol, just like he said Anarchy, My Dear was a punk album? Ha.
11:19 AM on 01/27/13
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
I love Say Anything and Bemis' music, but I no longer try to put too much weight in his words regarding what his releases will sound like after the hype he raised for Anarchy, My Dear. Still a solid record, though.
11:30 AM on 01/27/13
gman610
Second Best
User Info.
Yeah, all the stuff I remember hearing about Anarchy, My Dear really turned me off of that album, as it just didn't match any of my expectations at all. Maybe that was my fault, but I'm a bit more wary of heeding what Max says about this kind of thing. Anarchy feels so far away, I guess, just because I wasn't into that album at all.
11:41 AM on 01/27/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
Yeah, all the stuff I remember hearing about Anarchy, My Dear really turned me off of that album, as it just didn't match any of my expectations at all. Maybe that was my fault, but I'm a bit more wary of heeding what Max says about this kind of thing. Anarchy feels so far away, I guess, just because I wasn't into that album at all.
anarchy actually has some staying power after a while. might not be a great "whole" album but has some pretty good say anything songs to add to a playlist

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos