estrella starr
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
a month and a half? shes due on 2/9.
12:09 PM on 01/27/13
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
Max will never write another album in the same quality as IARB and I need to come to terms with that. That being said, I've still found redeeming qualities in each album he's put out since, so I'm still cautiously excited.
01:02 PM on 01/27/13
imposs1ble
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Love to max & company, but he really needs to stop talking about his music. "Say anything" was the album that "everybody's been waiting for us to put out." It wasn't. "Anarchy, my dear" was "the best album this band has ever written." It wasn't. He obviously understands the impact of Is a Real Boy and needs to understand that he can't keep looking to what was appealing about that record and saying "ok, this is that album, but better, and here's why." Everything he's released since has followed the trend of having tremendous backlash upon release and a year or two later being deemed as "not that bad," and "having a few good tracks." He sets expectations so high, so early in the game that he doesn't let fans draw their own conclusions and almost forces the immediate comparison to Is a Real Boy. People who still listen (myself included) are probably lifers. He doesn't need to sell the stuff to us anymore. It only results in letdowns in the immediate sense and him being perceived as having lost his touch and restarts the cycle of him trying to redeem himself yet again.
01:43 PM on 01/27/13
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
Still pissed rarities wasn't at best buy.. I want that ish
Check with a local record store. They'll usually order it in for you. That's how I got mine since I didn't want to pay five dollars shipping for a CD from MerchNow. It ended up being cheaper than the list price on MerchNow, too.
03:02 PM on 01/27/13
nowFace
Merry xmas from The Sopranos.
User Info.
Love to max & company, but he really needs to stop talking about his music. "Say anything" was the album that "everybody's been waiting for us to put out." It wasn't. "Anarchy, my dear" was "the best album this band has ever written." It wasn't. He obviously understands the impact of Is a Real Boy and needs to understand that he can't keep looking to what was appealing about that record and saying "ok, this is that album, but better, and here's why." Everything he's released since has followed the trend of having tremendous backlash upon release and a year or two later being deemed as "not that bad," and "having a few good tracks." He sets expectations so high, so early in the game that he doesn't let fans draw their own conclusions and almost forces the immediate comparison to Is a Real Boy. People who still listen (myself included) are probably lifers. He doesn't need to sell the stuff to us anymore. It only results in letdowns in the immediate sense and him being perceived as having lost his touch and restarts the cycle of him trying to redeem himself yet again.
I actually feel the s/t is their strongest material. I agree that A,MD is a letdown considering how he hyped it up to be IARB pt.2, but it still has some jams. Anyways excited for Perma, and the next SA.
03:06 PM on 01/27/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Check with a local record store. They'll usually order it in for you. That's how I got mine since I didn't want to pay five dollars shipping for a CD from MerchNow. It ended up being cheaper than the list price on MerchNow, too.

Yeah thanks. Usually they have every new release for pretty cheap at my local best buy. Was shocked when I couldn't find it.
03:30 PM on 01/27/13
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
Wall of text, but I agree. No need to hype... just release it and let us decide if its good, dark, or whatever.
03:52 PM on 01/27/13
Modern Leper
what?
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The first 4 songs on Anarchy, My Dear are great. The rest more or less suck.
04:39 PM on 01/27/13
drudo182
Be Royal
User Info.
Dark and twisted? I'll believe that one when I hear it.
06:02 PM on 01/27/13
alexxxisonfire
OneRecordPerDay.com
User Info.
lol, just like he said Anarchy, My Dear was a punk album? Ha.
bingo
06:52 PM on 01/27/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I actually am glad AMD was not IARB pt.2 like he hyped. I ended liking the album overall despite noticing some serious faults. If anything I hope they keep the level of musicianship AMD had going into the future. I try not to expect anything from this band cause they always surprise me. A new album that is a different style or mood rarely disappoints me. Those albums may not always be my favorite but I still listen to and enjoy them. I still listen to AMD along with other albums but at the same time this band is always been the sort that I just pick out favorites and listen to on the go but still. It could of been worse... 2012 had some good albums that were unique and diverged from band's core style and also had a few that were flat our awful.

What gets me excited to hear new stuff is that I saw Max do an acoustic set and he is a very down to earth performer.
08:35 PM on 01/27/13
VanMastaIteHab
User Info.
Anyone know what he played at this show last night? I haven't been able to find a setlist, but it was a rarities release show so I'm wondering if he played any super old stuff.
09:15 PM on 01/27/13
pissand409
User Info.
It makes more sense if you read the interview he did recently explaining it. It was with AltPress I think and it was a good read. It got me excited to hear what comes next.
http://www.altpress.com/features/ent...rs_depa rture

That's the first of two parts...a really good read.
09:49 PM on 01/27/13
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
lol, just like he said Anarchy, My Dear was a punk album? Ha.
Exactly. I hate to admit it (ha.), but I just can't get excited for new Say Anything after how he built up Anarchy and it ended up being such a letdown. Perma seems interesting even though "Knockout" is a pretty forgettable song, but I guess I'll be more excited once they release a single for each band.
10:19 PM on 01/27/13
spokenword
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really like the first record a lot, I thought it was really cool, innovative, and inspiring. But nothing since has done it for me. I'm just not into the vocals. When he just yelled I liked it, it felt genuine.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos