Indiana
Male - 24 Years Old
hahaha I love shreds videos.
12:55 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
CheckeredFloors
nah
Male - 21 Years Old
yea i've always been borderline obsessed with el jefe's work, it fits perfectly with gaslights music. I wish i had the cheddar to buy all his prints

Yeah I've been looking at em for ages considering them but then he had a 15% sale and I pounced. Looks like you guys did too hehe.

A lot of the posters have "north American tour 2010" or something like that on them too which turns me off them. Don't want a poster advertising a tour or show that didn't come near me. But yeah, it's a perfect match between the art and and the music.
11:04 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
Quote:
I’m working on a lot of things, it’s been a while, I apologize. I’ve had some really amazing things happen and some really terrible things in the last couple months. I’m definitely on a new page, and I have to start there. So, I’m going to make a record by myself, hopefully sometime this year. I’ve just started to work on these songs now, as well as new Gaslight Anthem songs for our next record.

I’ve learned there’s too much to be done and not a lot of time to do it in. Things can change overnight. So I’m going to do my best to get as much music out there as I can while I’m young enough and fortunate enough to have people listening.

There’s no [turmoil] or anything with Gaslight, we’re going to be writing too, but I’m sure we’re gonna need a breather after this year of touring before we go in to make our next record. So since I can’t sit still, I’m gonna make another record. It’s what happens when you don’t do drugs, you end up with a lot of down time. So I fill that time with songs now.

Here’s to looking forward to what comes out.

See you guys soon.
I don’t love pictures…

Brian

http://brianfallon.net/
11:26 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
we're pieces on the board
Maryland
Male
I wonder what he's talking about.
11:39 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
marital stuff? i dunno/whatevs. but i admire his tenacity to go on creating music despite it all.

hope things work out for the best too.
01:02 AM on 01/25/13 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
Love all the acoustic tunes he's done, Goodnight Irene, Misery, No Weather and so on. An acoustic album would be cool in the same style as a Chuck Ragan album. Covering Ground was my favourite album of 2011
03:09 AM on 01/25/13 
User Info.
Keele
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
I'm very happy to hear has started work on new material and I love the fact that he's so dedicated to putting out new music. It's too bad he's had some tough times lately. I'm sure that'll reflect in his solo music. Wish I could give him a big hug.
11:51 AM on 01/26/13 
User Info.
brailleclub
No Avatar Selected
marital stuff? i dunno/whatevs. but i admire his tenacity to go on creating music despite it all.

hope things work out for the best too.

It's definitely marital stuff.
08:42 PM on 02/01/13 
User Info.
barkjon
belle and me
Seattle, WA
Male - 17 Years Old
Hey guys.

Sooo, I'm a huge fan of TGA, so I'm looking for some bands that have a similar sound to them, that sorta folky-punk thing going on (don't rec Springsteen, tried and failed to get into him). Recs please?

EDIT: and what album of their's to start with, if possible
10:28 PM on 02/01/13 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
Hey guys.

Sooo, I'm a huge fan of TGA, so I'm looking for some bands that have a similar sound to them, that sorta folky-punk thing going on (don't rec Springsteen, tried and failed to get into him). Recs please?

Chamberlain - The Moon, My Saddle
American Steel - Rogues March & Destroy Their Future
Daybreaker - The Northbound Trains
Banquets - Top Button, Bottom Shelf
Nightmares for a Week - Don't Die
The Evening Rig - Is Doin' Stuff & Nothing to Hear Here
Lightning Dust - Infinite Light
Nothington - All In
05:47 PM on 02/02/13 
User Info.
barkjon
belle and me
Seattle, WA
Male - 17 Years Old
Chamberlain - The Moon, My Saddle
American Steel - Rogues March & Destroy Their Future
Daybreaker - The Northbound Trains
Banquets - Top Button, Bottom Shelf
Nightmares for a Week - Don't Die
The Evening Rig - Is Doin' Stuff & Nothing to Hear Here
Lightning Dust - Infinite Light
Nothington - All In

cool, thanks man! I'll check some of em.

People have rec'd me Against Me!, The Bouncing Souls, and Frank Turner - where to start?
06:19 PM on 02/02/13 
User Info.
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
Male - 25 Years Old
cool, thanks man! I'll check some of em.

People have rec'd me Against Me!, The Bouncing Souls, and Frank Turner - where to start?

Against Me! New Wave is personally my favorite but there are fans out there who'd probably want to kill me for saying that.

Bouncing Souls - How I Spent My Summer Vacation is one of my favorite albums of all time. Start there. Hopeless Romantic is also fantastic, and all their album ares really really good.

Frank Turner - Love Ire & Song is also one of my favorite albums of all time. Start there. Everything he does is also excellent. Will be interesting to see if you like him if you couldn't get into Bruce, but certainly try. He is one of the best things currently happening to music.

Also must listens for any Gaslight fan:

Hot Water Music - Start with Caution.

The Menzingers - easily the best punk rock band to emerge post Gaslight. If you didn't check out On the Impossible Past after it deservedly got AoTY year do so now. (Also if you actually are in Seattle, go to their show with HWM at Showbox next week)

The Loved Ones - Keep Your Heart and Build & Burn are both perfectly fine starting choices. Also they are probably the "most similar sounding to SoS era Gaslight" in my mind.

The Lawrence Arms - I'd say start with Greatest Story Ever Told, but not really a bad choice here either.

Lucero - I started with 1372 Overton Park and that worked fine. Hard to pick a favorite. But Overton Park is probably the most Gaslight esq so starting there can't hurt.

A good test of "bands like gaslight to listen to" is to see who plays on the revival tour, and then checkout the band they front.
06:26 PM on 02/02/13 
User Info.
barkjon
belle and me
Seattle, WA
Male - 17 Years Old
^thanks! I already loooveee the Menzingers. I'm grabbing AM!, HWM, Frank Turner, and the Bouncing Souls stuff, but will certainly check out the other bands too!

And yeah, heard about the Showbox show. Would love to go, but I'm busy :( isn't La Dispute playing too?
06:30 PM on 02/02/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
we're pieces on the board
Maryland
Male
Hey guys.

Fake Problems.
Lawrence Arms.
Menzingers.

They aren't as clean sounding as Gaslight though.
11:40 PM on 02/02/13 
User Info.
mrnegativezero
You wanted to set the world on fire
Southern California
Male - 22 Years Old
I completely jumped on the wagon for AM! with New Wave. Love that album so much. White Crosses is pretty legit too.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos