Username
Password
Property of Zack News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 168.
09:31 PM on 02/03/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Two good albums on this list and the inclusion of one of them is kinda baffling.
09:31 PM on 02/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The "crap rains down" part in Admit It Again...

Haha, I agree, but I don't think it's fair to judge just one line. I mean, "Crush'd" is one of my favorite Say Anything songs, and that song contains "did it hurt when you fell from heaven, girl."
09:32 PM on 02/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Convinced I'm the only person who's loved "Sink Into Me" since day one.
09:34 PM on 02/03/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
New Again for sure. More people are warming up to the record, but many TBS fans still can't help comparing it to the group's back catalogue when judging the album's music, leaving them to criticize it much more harshly than if another band wrote and released it.

Other albums that come to mind:

Bad Religion - No Substance
The Offspring - Splinter
Rise Against - Appeal To Reason
Smashing Pumpkins - Machina/The Machines Of God
Underoath - Lost In The Sound Of Separation.

I love Machina as well. I mean SP is my favorite band but that album has its own unique emotion and sound. It's electronic yet still raw in a lot parts. The everlasting gaze, try try try, stand insid your love are just the hits from that album, there's so many more good songs
09:34 PM on 02/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Always loved In Reverie & Daisy since my first listen. Danger Days was started to win me over.

New Again probably never will. I wanted to like that album so much & I dig a couple songs (Lonely, Lonely, Carpathia, Everything Must Go), but the rest feel like demos that were never fully realized - really bad production.

Having heard the Orensanz acoustic verison of "Everything Must Go" first, the New Again chorus was a big WTF for me.

I'm a sucker for schizo guitar, so "Swing" has always been my favorite.
09:36 PM on 02/03/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Convinced I'm the only person who's loved "Sink Into Me" since day one.
New Again is one of my favorite TBS records. Never understood the hate from day one. Some of those songs are TBS' best songs.
09:37 PM on 02/03/13
samlowry09
Registered abUser
User Info.
What didn't you like about the production if I may ask? I thought it was really well polished and sounded great.

I Agree with the author of the album that you just gotta listen to it for what it is, a straight up alt/rock album. Lyrics are some of the most personal Lazzara has put out IMO.
I thought the vocals and instruments were too polished. TBS sounds better when they have a raw sound. I also thought that the songs had a really simple structure that grew boring, verse-chorus-repeat. Once you got 30 seconds into the song it just repeated itself for another 3 minutes
09:37 PM on 02/03/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I agree with every album on here. Lights and Sounds is by far the most ambitious record of YC and it's the only one I listen to. New again is fucking stellar and way better than their S/T snoozer (had some solid tracks though), Neighborhoods is the only Blink record I don't cringe listening to, and same thing goes for Folie. Solid list.
09:38 PM on 02/03/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
New Again is one of my favorite TBS records. Never understood the hate from day one. Some of those songs are TBS' best songs.

Hell yeah.
09:40 PM on 02/03/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
That list is so great. I love Anarchy, My Dear, FAD is Fall Out Boy's best album, I have never understood the hate behind New Again, and L&S has long been my favorite Yellowcard album. That one I will never get the hate behind. It's just an all around fantastic album.

It's cause people wanted simple pop punk and the band wanted to deliver a more evolved sound. They sure as hell did and that album gives me chills still till this day. "space travel" is probably one of my favorite songs ever by them.
09:40 PM on 02/03/13
samlowry09
Registered abUser
User Info.
Having heard the Orensanz acoustic verison of "Everything Must Go" first, the New Again chorus was a big WTF for me.

I'm a sucker for schizo guitar, so "Swing" has always been my favorite.
New Again songs on that live album are so much better then the actual album. I think Swing and Summer Man had great potential, but like I said earlier, once you get 30 seconds into the songs you've heard the whole thing. (Cut Me Up Jenny is the worst TBS song IMO)
09:41 PM on 02/03/13
ZEZEtheX
in the FOBR jail.
User Info.
Haha, I agree, but I don't think it's fair to judge just one line. I mean, "Crush'd" is one of my favorite Say Anything songs, and that song contains "did it hurt when you fell from heaven, girl."
I found it fitting. Dude has a crush and is spouting cheesy pick-up lines and has dem butterflies in his stomach.
09:44 PM on 02/03/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
It's cause people wanted simple pop punk and the band wanted to deliver a more evolved sound. They sure as hell did and that album gives me chills still till this day. "space travel" is probably one of my favorite songs ever by them.

Love that song. Martin Sheen or JFK is great too - that song always gets stuck in my head. I love every song on that album, that's just one example haha.
09:45 PM on 02/03/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
There are maybe three good songs on New Again. I respect what they attempted to do on it a good amount but a lot of it fell flat.
09:46 PM on 02/03/13
steve187
nah
User Info.
absolutePOZ

(jus kiddin)
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives