Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 163 of 163
10:40 AM on 02/04/13
OneAndrewWest
@OneAndrewWest
User Info.
Yeah I agree that Coming Home was my favorite NFG album.
10:51 AM on 02/04/13
thenewline
memories from ashes
User Info.
Two of my favorite records are In Reverie and Coming Home.

Been waiting for a press of Coming Home on vinyl, and a repress of In Reverie. Get on it!
11:10 AM on 02/04/13
Cammiecoke
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
New Again is one of my favorite TBS records. Never understood the hate from day one. Some of those songs are TBS' best songs.
People just can't get over the fact that it is different than their previous albums. Many of these same fans love the self-titled even though it is more like New Again than any previous TBS album. Songs like Summer, Man, Everything Must Go, Carpathia, and Where My Mouth Is are up there with any songs in TBS's discography.

I don't think TBS has put out a bad record. I like both records I'm comparing just think the inclusion of John and Sean make TBS fans but on the nostalgia blinders.
11:45 AM on 02/04/13
dangerofthought
An Uneducated Opinion
User Info.
I think both Lights and Sounds and Paper Walls from Yellowcard deserve second chances. I absolutely love Paper Walls and did so from the first time I heard it, but I didn't hear (about) it until after they had already went on their hiatus. I feel like because L&S bummed everybody out that Yellowcard all of a sudden went back under the radar.
12:05 PM on 02/04/13
joel_one
Blood Warriors
User Info.
i just skipped to the last page of these discussions...pretty sure even if this had been suggested it would have been shit on butttt

Coheed's Year of the Black Rainbow is ... actually good. Everyone hates on it so much, probably because of how "good" they perceive the older material...I think YOBR will become a cult favorite, as most of my friends all seem to really enjoy it still... I think time will be kind to the album
12:34 PM on 02/04/13
lotusmilano
just follow your heart
User Info.
Funeral for a Friend's Tales Don't Tell Themselves, by gawd.

This
12:47 PM on 02/04/13
ImTheSheriff
///
User Info.
New Again is miles ahead of Taking Back Sunday but they are both weak
12:54 PM on 02/04/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
"Neighborhoods" seems to have suffered the same fate the untitled record did when it came out, most die hards don't like it apparently. I love it, loved it when it came out too. I agree with "Coming Home" as well, I honestly think those are the best songs New Found Glory have ever written.
12:55 PM on 02/04/13
alexxxisonfire
OneRecordPerDay.com
User Info.
More albums that weren't as well received then but should be now, in hindsight:

Thursday - A City By The Light Divided
Thursday - Common Existence (amazing record)
Blood Brothers - Young Machetes
Cursive - Mama, I'm Swollen
Justice - Audio. Video. Disco (listened to it the other day with fresh ears and it was waaaaaaay better than when I went in thinking it was going to be Cross pt. 2)
02:51 PM on 02/04/13
nowFace
She's making the rounds!
User Info.
i just skipped to the last page of these discussions...pretty sure even if this had been suggested it would have been shit on butttt

Coheed's Year of the Black Rainbow is ... actually good. Everyone hates on it so much, probably because of how "good" they perceive the older material...I think YOBR will become a cult favorite, as most of my friends all seem to really enjoy it still... I think time will be kind to the album
Completely agree. Although I'm very happy with the progression on The Afterman I really do love me some "The Broken" & "Pearl of the Stars".
05:40 PM on 02/04/13
Drewmosabi
User Info.
I thought the vocals and instruments were too polished. TBS sounds better when they have a raw sound. I also thought that the songs had a really simple structure that grew boring, verse-chorus-repeat. Once you got 30 seconds into the song it just repeated itself for another 3 minutes
Ahh, I see. I thought you meant that the production was bad overall. To each his own!
01:03 AM on 02/11/13
conditionals
User Info.
"tehe hipsturs r silly n pitch4rk is laem".

Say Anything is easily my favorite band within this particular scene and IARB is one of my favorite albums of all time. So I really wanted to like it. I really wanted to at the very least not fucking hate it. But it was just so bland. Every mid-tempo ballad track bled in with the other. If this was another pop rock band making generic pop rock music, this would be fine but the band has been known for its versatility. In Defense was such a great album because as far as style and tone, it was all over the fucking place. So why did Anarchy, My Dear feel like a bunch of bunch of b-sides from their previous album. I liked Burn a Miracle, but even that sounded like a demo version. Overbiter was catchy but wasn't even as close to the infectiousness of Crush'd or Do Better or Less Cute. Say what you will about the S/T but at least it was confident in making a poppy version of Say Anything. AMD tried to juggle together the pop side and the punk side too conservatively that neither stood out.

Sooooo yeah... that's my take on that album.

I absolutely love Say Anything, and in my opinion 95% of the songs Max writes are amazing. Unfortunately I most of that 5% is on Anarchy. There are songs I do like: Overbiter, Sheep, So Good... but at the same time I appreciate that they aren't really great 'Say Anything songs'.

I'm also a firm believer in the self titled. The pop sheen was couterweighed by the bursting amount of creativity underpinning each song. And honestly, despite it being a firm pop album, 'She Won't Follow You' rocked harder than anything on Anarchy.
09:01 AM on 02/11/13
nowFace
She's making the rounds!
User Info.
S/t is gold imo. Ahhh....Men is my jam.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT