Username
Password

08:26 AM on 11/19/12 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
I find it interesting that the name being thrown around the most is the director of Safety Not Guaranteed. One of my favorite movies of the year but that pairing is kind of puzzling haha.

That actually seems like a great choice. SNG was a great blend of sci fi, comedy and drama, and his direction would be a really refreshing take on the series.
08:34 AM on 11/19/12 
User Info.
SkyHeldUpByStar
Love leaves scars.
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 28 Years Old
I find it interesting that the name being thrown around the most is the director of Safety Not Guaranteed. One of my favorite movies of the year but that pairing is kind of puzzling haha.
Apparently that stemmed from an interview he did with Film Stage this past June wherein he said:

Quote:
I cant speak with any specificity as to what the next thing will be. There are amazing opportunities that have arisen as a result of ['Safety Not Guaranteed']. One of them, I will say, will probably create a good deal of ire against me on the Internet when people find out what it is. So, I just want to say in advance that I promise you, for all those who love the mythology that I will be tackling, trust that I love it as much as you do. And I will respect it, and hopefully make it not suck.

But last night he tweeted the following:

Quote:
To clarify, there is another film we all love that I'm currently trying not to mess up. Odds I will direct Episode VII: 3720 to 1.

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/s...70868364988418

So I guess it's not him either.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-7-di...lin-trevorrow/
10:03 AM on 11/19/12 
User Info.
wall e
no rule says dog cant play basketba
Agawam, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
This is the most interested I've been in years in finding out who is directing a film.
07:52 AM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
spaghettti
Too turnt
Westfield, MA
Female - 20 Years Old
There's a rumor that yoda will be the first character to get his own movie
09:23 AM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
Regards
The Silver Shore
Wisconsin
Male - 25 Years Old
Quote:
but that should not stop Disney/Lucasfilm from bringing him back because "he's an integral part of the franchise."

Quote about Vader. Are they serious? I don't think Vader would be in my top 5 "integral Star Wars Characters" list. Sure for the story that was already told he was. This is the first time I've actually been nervous about this now :S
03:45 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
wall e
Agawam, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
They should focus on one idea instead of like six
04:10 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
Springfield, MO
Male - 28 Years Old
I hope we get a Jabba movie and he just eats and sloths around the entire 2.5 hours.
04:12 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
spaghettti
Too turnt
Westfield, MA
Female - 20 Years Old
Bob Iger just confirmed that there are already standalone films in the works
04:12 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
spaghettti
Too turnt
Westfield, MA
Female - 20 Years Old
They should focus on one idea instead of like six

Yeah but imagine the amount of people they have to work on this, they can pull off working on multiple things
04:41 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
i'm excited and angry at the same time.
10:46 AM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
airik625
you mess with the bull...
Memphis, TN
Male - 24 Years Old
Boba Fett and Han Solo stand alone films?

Quote:
Well, it looks like the rumors are beginning to take shape. Entertainment Weekly is citing sources at Lucasfilm and Disney who say two of the first STAR WARS standalone movies will focus on Han Solo and Boba Fett. This does not dispel the possibility of a Yoda movie, but EW has some good details on what these films will focus on. Here are the details:

The Han Solo story would take place in the time period between REVENGE OF THE SITH and A NEW HOPE, so although it’s possible Harrison Ford could appear as a framing device, the movie would require a new actor for the lead — one presumably much younger than even the 35-year-old Ford when he appeared in the 1977 original.

The Boba Fett film would take place either between A NEW HOPE and THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, or between EMPIRE and RETURN OF THE JEDI, where the bounty hunter was last seen plunging unceremoniously into a sarlacc pit. Exactly who would play him isn’t much of a complication – in the original trilogy, he never took off his helmet. And in the prequels, we learned he was the son of the original stormtrooper clone, played by Temuera Morrison, who’s still the right age for the part if his services were required.

Either way, EW cites their source says these details are very preliminary and may change, but this is awesome news. Both projects sound like they would be awesome and there is a tone of expanded universe comics and novels to inform both of these projects.

The story also states the timing of these projects is intentional. Placing them during the original trilogy time period allows for Disney and Lucasfilm to use Darth Vader and Jabba the Hutt despite both dying at the end of RETURN OF THE JEDI.

Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinsberg are in fact drafting these projects now as well as working with Michael Arndt on EPISODE VII. No directors have been named yet nor release dates aside from sometime before 2021. But, they are happening people! Now, lets start dream casting!
10:53 AM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
wall e
Agawam, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
Who else could play Han Solo?
11:01 AM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
SkyHeldUpByStar
Love leaves scars.
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 28 Years Old
I could be way off here, but does Marvel Studios' plan for their franchises (Phase 1, 2, 3, and beyond) and the successful branching off (thus far) of those franchises have anything to do with the sudden willingness to similarly experiment with Star Wars as well? Just seems like something new the studios are attempting (though again, I could be way off here).
11:39 AM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
Regards
The Silver Shore
Wisconsin
Male - 25 Years Old
12:16 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
spaghettti
Too turnt
Westfield, MA
Female - 20 Years Old