Username
Password

03:01 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
Springfield, MO
Male - 29 Years Old
Yeah, it's a solid choice and not someone I would have thought to use. And we know the guy can get in shape for roles too.
03:19 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
PepsiOne
Los Angeles, CA
Male
Chris Pratt's an interesting. Happy for him. If they go with Jon Benjamin for Rocket Racoon, all will be well.
03:47 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
wall e
@mattobrien37
Agawam, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
Pratt is a good choice
03:53 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
I actually like the Pratt casting. I wasn't even thinking of him. He better start working out to get back to this... haha

Aubrey Plaza for Gamora... lol

Chris Pratt's an interesting. Happy for him. If they go with Jon Benjamin for Rocket Racoon, all will be well.

Jon Benjamin is possibly the worst choice for Rocket Raccoon. He's supposed to have an English/cockney accent and Benjamin's voice doesn't fit the character at all.

Simon Pegg or the rumored Jason Statham would be great.
03:55 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
PepsiOne
Los Angeles, CA
Male

Jon Benjamin is possibly the worst choice for Rocket Raccoon. He's supposed to have an English/cockney accent and Benjamin's voice doesn't fit the character at all.

Simon Pegg or the rumored Jason Statham would be great.

Haven't heard anything on Pegg or Statham, though I'd love Statham there. Speaking in terms of the rumored names I've been hearing tossed around, Benjamin fits best. None of the other guys have the accent, anyway.

Also, last I saw Pratt's at around 300lbs right now, so he's got a ways to go to get to where he needs to be. He's got a while, though.
04:10 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
I'd love Olivia Wilde for the part of Gamora.

I'm honestly not sure which way they'll go with Drax. I just read that they really wanted The Rock for it, but he decided to take the new Hercules movie.

Great thought: RON FUCKING SWANSON for the voice of Groot. I didn't even think about Offerman, but I think he could pull it off.
08:26 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
Upstart
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
I'm gonna go Grant Morrison for Rocket. So meta.
12:49 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 23 Years Old
Ray Winstone
09:04 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
mrnegativezero
You wanted to set the world on fire
Southern California
Male - 22 Years Old
I'd love Olivia Wilde for the part of Gamora.

I'm honestly not sure which way they'll go with Drax. I just read that they really wanted The Rock for it, but he decided to take the new Hercules movie.

Great thought: RON FUCKING SWANSON for the voice of Groot. I didn't even think about Offerman, but I think he could pull it off.

This made me laugh a bit.

And Olivia Wilde feels like she'll work well here.. but that's judging from my very limited knowledge.
12:31 AM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Gainesville, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
One of the few marvel titles I haven't really followed. Excited by the casting. Any runs that are worth checking out that may be tied into the movie/are just good?
06:36 AM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
One of the few marvel titles I haven't really followed. Excited by the casting. Any runs that are worth checking out that may be tied into the movie/are just good?

There really isn't much to read up on. The movie is based on the reboot team, which launched in 2008, so there's only 4 years worth of material to work with. You'll likely want to read The Thanos Imperative though. It's highly likely that the movie will pull from that run and the current Marvel NOW storylines.
06:58 AM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 23 Years Old
It's getting relaunched with Brian Bendis as the writer. The first issue might even already be out, I think. I'm not sure what the date is.
07:41 AM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
It's getting relaunched with Brian Bendis as the writer. The first issue might even already be out, I think. I'm not sure what the date is.

There's kind of a prologue out this month, but the first issue hits next month. It seems the movie will draw from The Thanos Imperative and this new run, but we'll see.
02:52 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Sounds like Jason Momoa is in talks to play Drax. Pretty good casting. It should be interesting to see how much dialogue he has in the film, but Momoa certainly fits the physical aspect of the role.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=74344
02:54 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
FondestMemory
having fun in the heart of it all
Youngstown, OH
Male
great choice. better than the previous three names reported.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos