Yeezus season approaching.
Connecticut
Male - 17 Years Old
I loved that.
07:50 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
sammyboy516
Male - 22 Years Old
I have a feeling we're gonna have a Scrubs situation on our hands and wish this show had ended at season 8 once we see season 9.

That said, I hope I'm proven wrong.
07:55 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
evvandflow
full of shit and free beer
Boston
Male - 25 Years Old
no one will say they hoped it ended before finding out who the mother is...

...i hope.
09:46 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
majinsharingan
Erase All Pictures of Ron
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
I have a feeling we're gonna have a Scrubs situation on our hands and wish this show had ended at season 8 once we see season 9.

That said, I hope I'm proven wrong.

You have a feeling Ted and Lilly will leave, Barney will no longer be funny, and the focus being on the mother who is basically just a female version of Ted?
10:00 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
sammyboy516
Male - 22 Years Old
You have a feeling Ted and Lilly will leave, Barney will no longer be funny, and the focus being on the mother who is basically just a female version of Ted?

No. I meant that I think the show is gonna be in a state where it should have just ended but gets extended into another season. Some in this thread, and an article I read, have said that the mother might be revealed in this season and be part of the cast for all of the next season. So what I mean is season 9 might feel unnecessary/like they're dragging the show along for no reason.
10:14 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
sammyboy516
Male - 22 Years Old
Just read a potential spoiler on the HIMYM wiki (bottom of this page)

Someone posted back in December on that site that the mother is The Captain's daughter. A comment says, "Sounded like a troll, until now, two months after that post, it is reavealed that the Captain is randomly coming back...Now I'm not so sure."

The Captain is in next week's episode.

Also worth noting - and this has probably been common knowldge and I just didnt know it - that in an interview with HuffPost, the girl who plays Ted's future daughter said:

Do you have any hunches on who the mother is?

Well, there was a time when we were told who it was and to never give the information out. But I have a feeling I really don't know ... It's been so long since I've been there!
10:14 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
Toronto
Male - 25 Years Old
No. I meant that I think the show is gonna be in a state where it should have just ended but gets extended into another season. Some in this thread, and an article I read, have said that the mother might be revealed in this season and be part of the cast for all of the next season. So what I mean is season 9 might feel unnecessary/like they're dragging the show along for no reason.

I think the big difference that will exist between season 9 of Scrubs and season 9 of HIMYM is that the writing staff for the latter will remain mostly the same. Apparently most of the writing staff for Scrubs left after the eighth season.
10:16 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
Toronto
Male - 25 Years Old
I suppose, but there's really no way of knowing.
10:18 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
sammyboy516
Male - 22 Years Old
I think the big difference that will exist between season 9 of Scrubs and season 9 of HIMYM is that the writing staff for the latter will remain mostly the same. Apparently most of the writing staff for Scrubs left after the eighth season.

I guess it was a bad comparison. Anyway, I hope they wow me. I've been really enjoying this season so I'm sure I'll enjoy the final one too.
10:25 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
majinsharingan
Erase All Pictures of Ron
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
I would like to see this be more like the 10th season of Friends, where the thought the 9th was going to be it but then managed to get everyone back for a final one. Granted I hope it's a little better than the 10th of Friends but still, that's the comparison I made when this got picked up.
01:44 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
I love that Marshall just kept kicking in excitement
06:06 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
I love that Marshall just kept kicking in excitement
Haha oh my god I was dyinggg when they all freaked out, it's like you're SO excited for something you can't even just you don't know how to even
06:26 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
Chesterfield, MI
Male - 22 Years Old
I understand the argument that "the show is called How I Met Your Mother," but if we don't get to know her as a character at all, I'm going to be pretty pissed off. I'm hoping Season 8 ends with Robin and Barney's wedding, Ted meets the mother. Season 9 should start with the day after the wedding (because remember, he calls her right away, as we were told in The Three Days Rule). The rest should be used to show us how Ted and the mother's relationship evolves and eventually show us their wedding.
06:36 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
Connecticut
Male - 17 Years Old
I feel like the mother reveal will be like the Rachel is pregnant reveal. We'll see her at the end of the finale, and the season 9 premiere will Ted meeting her during the wedding.

And I was told today that I am such a Ted that I can't be compared to him. Took it as a compliment.
06:39 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
I feel my personality is closest to Ted's or Marshall's. Nobody has told me yet.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos