Username
Password
UndertheGunReview News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 48.
11:24 AM on 02/07/13
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
i can say this has only happened to me once to where i was affected and did not jump on a preorder in a quick enough time frame. that was for senses fail still searching limited 200 red and black swirl. i did manage to get the coke bottle clear but i really wanted that red/black. it's on sale at ebay for 110 dollars obo right now when it was 20 bones. shits messed up. anyone know where a person could find silverstein shipwreck in the sand vinyl? it's the only one of theirs i don't own and can't find.
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Finally sold my dog problems record recently.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
True, but I have a hard time complaining about those guys. The exclusive releases over the past few years have been fantastic.

BTW, Artist in the Ambulance is only going for like $30-35 from what I've seen
GOOD, then I need to jump on that. Honestly, HT needs a better ordering system. You can't put out awesome releases and not have a system in place to prevent people from ordering multiple copies at one time.
11:25 AM on 02/07/13
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
i can say this has only happened to me once to where i was affected and did not jump on a preorder in a quick enough time frame. that was for senses fail still searching limited 200 red and black swirl. i did manage to get the coke bottle clear but i really wanted that red/black. it's on sale at ebay for 110 dollars obo right now when it was 20 bones. shits messed up. anyone know where a person could find silverstein shipwreck in the sand vinyl? it's the only one of theirs i don't own and can't find.
It's not on Victory's webstore?
11:27 AM on 02/07/13
Chuck!
In Chip We Trust
User Info.
GOOD, then I need to jump on that. Honestly, HT needs a better ordering system. You can't put out awesome releases and not have a system in place to prevent people from ordering multiple copies at one time.
I think the problem is the nature of HT's operation--they're a big business and want to make their cash as fast as they can. It's unfortunate, but their statute also probably accounts for their sway in getting the great exclusives.
11:32 AM on 02/07/13
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
I think the problem is the nature of HT's operation--they're a big business and want to make their cash as fast as they can. It's unfortunate, but their statute also probably accounts for their sway in getting the great exclusives.
Judging by my last visit to a HT store, they seemed to care more about selling Adventure Time merch and meme shirts than music so I'm surprised they've gotten these many releases.
11:34 AM on 02/07/13
pissand409
User Info.
Really great article, and I'm glad someone's calling out the problem. One of the worst feelings to go on ebay after missing out on grabbing a record and seeing those ridiculous prices.
11:35 AM on 02/07/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
It is what it is, I say.
11:35 AM on 02/07/13
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
Thanks! It's been a reality for a while, but I thought i'd just ease some collectors who may have just started in the past year or two. I feel ya. Thanks for reading!
Yeah, I just got into buying vinyl in 2011, but I quickly found out about flipping. It's a shitty situation, to say the least.
11:37 AM on 02/07/13
tozborne
Writer, Under the Gun Review
User Info.
Really great article, and I'm glad someone's calling out the problem. One of the worst feelings to go on ebay after missing out on grabbing a record and seeing those ridiculous prices.
Thanks for the kind words!
11:41 AM on 02/07/13
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
It's not on Victory's webstore?
nope it sure isn't. i can't find it anywhere.
11:42 AM on 02/07/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
A distinction needs to be made between the Title Fight and FOB situations. The latter, where people buy multiple copies of a limiting pressing, is really unfortunate and frustrating, and labels should try to prevent it (only sell a few copies per person, for example). The former, where there's plenty of records but people want the /500, is not a problem. I have no issue with profiting off morons willing to pay $100 for a particular color.

Vinyl is about the whole physical experience. Color goes into that too.

The whole idea behind limited pressings of records is incredibly dumb anyways. All it does is encourage this kind of behavior by enticing collectors to buy it and hope the price goes up. But like, a band doesn't profit when a record gets resold, so why does a band need to encourage that behavior? Do they think it will cause more records to be sold?

There this weird irony at play. If Title Fight were to sell copies of the Floral Green colored pressing for $100, people would throw fits at them charging so much. So instead what happens is the guys with fast fingers and nothing better to do make an $80 profit just by making a few mouse clicks and we're supposed to all be okay with that? If the demand dictates that the record be sold at $100, I'd rather the band get that whole $100 instead of random blokes on the internet.
12:10 PM on 02/07/13
tozborne
Writer, Under the Gun Review
User Info.

The whole idea behind limited pressings of records is incredibly dumb anyways. All it does is encourage this kind of behavior by enticing collectors to buy it and hope the price goes up. But like, a band doesn't profit when a record gets resold, so why does a band need to encourage that behavior? Do they think it will cause more records to be sold?

There this weird irony at play. If Title Fight were to sell copies of the Floral Green colored pressing for $100, people would throw fits at them charging so much. So instead what happens is the guys with fast fingers and nothing better to do make an $80 profit just by making a few mouse clicks and we're supposed to all be okay with that? If the demand dictates that the record be sold at $100, I'd rather the band get that whole $100 instead of random blokes on the internet.
This.
12:30 PM on 02/07/13
lordchamberlain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hot Topic needs to really be blamed, mainly for being so careless and letting people buy multiple copies at once.
and hot cash, during which they only recently pulled their vinyl stock so people don't grab a shit ton of vinyl for basically half price.

also, bands are probably more likely to press multiple variants because people are more likely to buy multiple copies of the same album on different colors on top of those who already just want to buy one copy on black -- thus, higher sales. the unlimited runs of black vinyl don't entice the collectors quite the same way. the band has no control over resale, but i'm sure it certainly sells more with several variants.
12:34 PM on 02/07/13
Chuck!
In Chip We Trust
User Info.

I understand--quite personally--that colored vinyl has appeal, but those willing to pay $85 extra to have green/red vinyl rather than black are such idiots I can't bring myself to care.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests