Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 29 of 29
01:48 PM on 02/07/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
that's nothing, the mixing console in the studio at the school i study at was over 300k
01:49 PM on 02/07/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
no PROFESSIONAL engineering would buy that in their right mind! i used the desk they record tons of metallica records..so what. vintage gear is a pain in the ass, tack an extra $50k a year just for maintenance.. that poor band just wasted a ton of money, suckers.
here's a guy that doesnt know much about audio engineering, everyone. people still use and buy consoles all the time, every major recording studio has one. every single one.
01:52 PM on 02/07/13
RTD2
Weekender
User Info.
holy smokes! that is incredible. so freakin excited
02:11 PM on 02/07/13
dustyfloors
Baskiceball Champion
User Info.
Give me a release date and I might be interested.
02:44 PM on 02/07/13
5fikev
User Info.
Expensive?!! That is supper cheap. I don't have that kind of money but what an incredible deal for that console. It would be worth buying even without its famed history.
02:56 PM on 02/07/13
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
User Info.

very cool, but just reminds me of this
05:46 PM on 02/07/13
letsgoflyers
User Info.
I can't stand all of the negativity sometimes. The dudes in Phoenix probably thought this was incredible. Good for them, amped to hear the new album.
07:53 PM on 02/07/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Expensive?!! That is supper cheap. I don't have that kind of money but what an incredible deal for that console. It would be worth buying even without its famed history.
seriously, that's a steal.
08:02 PM on 02/07/13
Alexx Miller
Dominic Decoco
User Info.
no PROFESSIONAL engineering would buy that in their right mind! i used the desk they record tons of metallica records..so what. vintage gear is a pain in the ass, tack an extra $50k a year just for maintenance.. that poor band just wasted a ton of money, suckers.
Whoa guy!
08:50 PM on 02/07/13
theherox
As of 10/3, pronounced "Thoreau"
User Info.
hahahah no kidding
05:40 AM on 02/08/13
Rodeo
User Info.
#1. Vintage consoles rule.
#2. Harrison consoles are fucking amazing , regardless of who used it.
#3. They bought it off eBay.
#4. It was listed as recently as 2009 for $500,000

"This Harrison 4032 console was used to record MICHAEL JACKSON'S THRILLER (Quincy Jones as musical producer and Bruce Swedien as engineer) , plus parts of OFF THE WALL at Westlake Studios. To date THRILLER has sold more than 104 million copies. The console was also used to record other great artists such as Paul and Linda McCartney, Billy Idol and many more.

The console is in excellent shape and has been used to record at CMI Records for years. It will make a great museum piece, collectors item or attraction to your studio.

The console is available for inspection in Fullerton, California. The buyer must deposit the agreed amount in an escrow, which will release funds to ebay and the seller upon the buyer's pick up of the console. Disregard any other method of payment or shipping herein. (This new seller could not manipulate the input screen).

The Board is 10' long with the Executive Desk and weighs several hundred pounds.

Probably the most expensive console that will ever be listed on this site unless an EMI Beatles console gets put on ebay. Beautiful console but only someone like Paul Allen is going to be able to afford this board."
08:51 AM on 02/08/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
Im just really stoked for this record.
12:42 AM on 02/10/13
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
How cool, something of lore that will forever raise their indie cred. Legit move, Phoenix.
07:52 AM on 02/13/13
Rock
THROW IT DOWN, BIG MAN!
User Info.
Very interesting. I wish I had money to throw around like that.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos