Password

Album Review

Bad Rabbits - "Fall In Love" single Album Cover

Bad Rabbits - "Fall In Love" single

Reviewed by
Bad Rabbits - "Fall In Love" single
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: February 14th, 2013

You're not smooth. You haven't the slightest inkling how to handle a mid-week Valentine's Day, you forgot to buy those indecipherable chocolates, and your bed hasn't hosted anything impressive since...well, ever. Lucky for you, Bad Rabbits has your back, soundtracking your wildly mediocre V-Day plans with a brand new single. "Fall In Love" packs every bit of BR's bounce into a slow jam that'll be the best part of your 2/14.

Those signature synths and peppy riffs from Stick Up Kids have grown up, making all kinds of fun sounds without treading into club-banger territory. That impactful rhythm section hits as hard as ever, even if it's more sultry this go around. Then there's Dua, who'll make your girl swoon through the stereo - whether he's pleading his case in the verses or delivering that huge "let's just fall in love" chorus line, he sounds as massive as ever. Take the sum of all parts and you've got an incredibly likable song from an incredibly likable band.

The exciting conclusion doesn't come until you take another shot of "We Can Roll," though, when you realize American Love will be worth the wait (and the back-to-back inductions to our yearly Most Anticipated list). Two tracks in and we haven't even tapped the energy of their last EP; throw a few of those catchy tunes into the mix and watch American Love display Album Of The Year potential.

Keep your eyes on YouTube tomorrow for the new song + video, and have "Fall In Love" ready for the latter hours.

8.5/10
This review is a user submitted review from Jack Appleby. You can see all of Jack Appleby's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
06:38 AM on 02/13/13
a speedo model
an enthusiast
User Info.
What a cover....

Nice review. Although as someone who hasn't heard their music before, I did come away not really knowing much about they sound, a bit more on that would have been helpful or a RIYL. Keep it up, hope to see more of your stuff.
07:55 AM on 02/13/13
HanLuk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love this band, fantastic live performance.
08:06 AM on 02/13/13
Psib
When I get home I'll get high alone
User Info.
I first heard this band from this website like 3 years ago and listened to stick up kids when they had like 100 facebook fans. Then I saw them on warped tour 2 years ago. Its so cool to see this band progress to where they are now. Cant wait for the full album.
08:37 AM on 02/13/13
ALT/MSC/FAN
Everything's Coming Up Milhouse
User Info.
Dat ass. Dat song. Dat anticipation.
09:43 AM on 02/13/13
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
User Info.
First time I saw them was at the Envy On The Coast farewell show in Boston. One of the funnest live bands around today. Can't wait to hear this!
10:39 AM on 02/13/13
Ska Senanake
Ska Senanake
User Info.
I went to their first Boston show when they opened up for Fly Upright Kite. There was like 50 people at the show. They blew me the fuck away.
12:39 PM on 02/13/13
PetitnaindesÎles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
It's frustrating how much i want them to blow up. American Dream/American Love have been my most anticipated albums for years.
06:22 PM on 02/13/13
AugustDivision
User Info.
Can't wait to hear the new single, been listening to these guys for a while and they are so great. It'll be even better when I finally catch them live.
06:25 PM on 02/13/13
popo
I love it when you call me big popo
User Info.
Stoked for tomorrow
07:36 PM on 02/13/13
5fikev
User Info.
Love this band. I just wish they would release one of their albums already.
10:10 PM on 02/14/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
You forgot to mention the synth player
03:01 PM on 02/16/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You forgot to mention the synth player
Synth player is studio only!
07:51 PM on 02/16/13
AaronTZK
User Info.
i've never heard them before, this is fucking awesome.
08:24 PM on 02/16/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
Synth player is studio only!
ah, okay

thanks, Jack

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music